***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,931 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
Azariah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jorgerr96 said:

That race sucked and my cheeks are burnt but at least I met all but 3 of the F2/F3 drivers I wanted to meet lol.
The environment was great until the spaniards realized Alonso was not gonna get anything and Sainz dropped, but that was a fun one.

Now to wait for the F2/F3 calendars to get released and look into where to go next year. Ideally I'll look into a race close to a FRECA/Italian F4 weekend and see if I just use more PTO and do a double header to cover basically the whole F1-F4 ladder lol.
Do you people just not care about anything but P1?
jorgerr96
On TV? Yeah

At the track? Hard to do so when I was in Turn 9 in the slow part of the corner where nothing happens right before the DRS starts lol

At least when in Main Grand you can see the pitstops but the F1 race was insanely boring and half the overtakes werent shown as they just wanted to show Alonso on the screens not trying to get past Stroll. I didnt even see Yuki vs Zhou or whatever Russell did on Lap 1 as they just replayed Lando's accident from like 4 different POVs lol
PJYoung
AG
Azariah said:

jorgerr96 said:

That race sucked and my cheeks are burnt but at least I met all but 3 of the F2/F3 drivers I wanted to meet lol.
The environment was great until the spaniards realized Alonso was not gonna get anything and Sainz dropped, but that was a fun one.

Now to wait for the F2/F3 calendars to get released and look into where to go next year. Ideally I'll look into a race close to a FRECA/Italian F4 weekend and see if I just use more PTO and do a double header to cover basically the whole F1-F4 ladder lol.
Do you people just not care about anything but P1?
lol he might be the biggest pure race fan that posts on this thread.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I know you have been to more races than I have, so I am interested in your opinion.

Is that not the case for most of the races? Obviously not Alonso/Stroll but you don't get to see a lot of the action. After doing COTA two years ago I am not sure I see the viewing benefit of going to a race.

So much of what makes a race interesting for me is hard to pick up in stands.
jorgerr96
I feel like the crowd really makes up for it. For example I was Mg at COTA 2021/2022 and all you see is the cars go on the straight but seeing the pit stops, pre-race stuff and the fireworks and all that is entertaining.

At Silverstone I was in Becketts which is a legendary section and the British fans were going HARD any time Lewis/Lando/George passed by.

For this race,FRI/SAT were very wild, I have a video of saturday night at 11 PM on the train full of fans just chanting for Alonso, Checo, Mexico, just anything everyone having fun lol. But Sunday was just dead. Sainz dropped off and Alonso wasn't really fighting much. Add the sun in our faces and that was just no fun

I will also say I choose EU races that have the whole package. I can't do an F1 weekend where theres only F1. At COTA i can take it because I am local but I am not spending money on a flight and tickets just to see F1 and Porsche Cup, I NEED F2 and F3 to make it worth it. Had I not met any drivers I would be writing a disappointing report here but I really mean it when I say that seeing them made the trip worth it as some of them are drivers I will never see again, but you could say I'm like a Tay Swift fangirl when it comes to those junior series as I really enjoy following their career development. It's like seeing a band go from the small room at the House of Blues up to the Amphitheaters or 6 PM festival slots
ReloadAg
AG
I've been to the USGP twice and now the Indy 500 twice and while it's awesome to experience the cars in person, I think I'll mainly watch from home now. You miss a ton of the details of what's going on during the race while sitting in the stands. It's a fun experience but I'm good for a while now going forward.

I will say though that the best race viewing experience I had was in 2013 in Austin when F1 was still V8 powered. I can't even describe the visceral scream that those cars made in person. Unbelievable. The turbo hybrid V6s sound better in person than they do on TV but nothing will beat those V8s.
SydB92
AG
ESPN is adding a Peyton/Eli style secondary broadcast with Ricciardo and Will Arnett for 3 races this year (Canada, Austin, Vegas)......

AgGrad99
AG
That is awesome
Gladiator 96
AG
Gio gets a big victory with Ferrari in LeMans

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.we-should-be-very-proud-ex-f1-driver-giovinazzi-hails-fantastic-effort-as.6u1L8p5bvdsSjVD8rLEFDV.html
Gladiator 96
AG
Bexar Ag
I wish he had stayed with Renault
ac04
worst FP1 of all time. wtf was that
SydB92
AG
Was reportedly seen at the track today

cap-n-jack
Does it always rain in Montreal?
Gladiator 96
AG
How bout them apples? Albon tops Q2 with a Williams!
cap-n-jack
Williams got it right, Ferrari and Red Bull didn't.
Gladiator 96
AG
And HAAS could get a P2 out of this quali!
tk for tu juan
Hulk smash of Max at turn 1 tomorrow?
cap-n-jack
They should all go to extremes but I don't see them doing that.
Guess it's over now.
cap-n-jack
Hass P2. Hope it rains tomorrow, it would be a much more interesting race. The RB19 would be untouchable at this track, probably is anyway.
cap-n-jack
3 place grid penalty for Hulk.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/qualifying-report-2023-canadian-grand-prix/
SydB92
AG
Seems a bit extreme when stewards acknowledged there might be some confusion with speed delta and he wasn't excessive dangerous speed.

Sainz, Stroll, and Tsunoda all get 3 as well.
nai06
AG
cap-n-jack said:

3 place grid penalty for Hulk.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/qualifying-report-2023-canadian-grand-prix/

That is ridiculous.
Robert C. Christian
AG
SydB92 said:

Seems a bit extreme when stewards acknowledged there might be some confusion with speed delta and he wasn't excessive dangerous speed.

Sainz, Stroll, and Tsunoda all get 3 as well.

Sainz was for blocking Gasly. Not sure on Yuki.
SydB92
AG
Yuki was penalized for impeding Hulkenberg in a different part of the track. I think he was summoned and cleared in the Gasly/Sainz incident.
Goldie Wilson
I'm assuming this will be another race that Max wins by 30+ seconds, but hoping Alonso vs the Mercs will be entertaining along with the Ferraris and Checo trying to advance through the pack.
Gladiator 96
AG
Sargeant out
Gladiator 96
AG
Russell hits the wall but might stay in.
Nope. Out.
Gladiator 96
AG
Russell re-entering but waaay back
cap-n-jack
Switching back and forth from the Indycar race. Did they ever issue penalties for the unsafe releases?
MAROON
AG
Gunther is gonna strangle Devries
boogieman
AG
No to both of them.
Gladiator 96
AG
Russell out now. Brake issues.
tk for tu juan
Impressive that Norris was able to complete the pass
tk for tu juan
"**** almost knocked myself out on that kerb, haha"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.