***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,781 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
Gladiator 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's to an exciting 2023 season! Will post material for New Year when available.

Robert C. Christian
AG
Let's go! Can't wait for Lights Out!
Brad 98
AG
I am ready for an exciting 2023 season!!!
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
In.
jorgerr96
Heard F1 Academy is ending their season at COTA, joining F1 weekend. If that's true my excitement for the race just went up.
kyledr04
AG
Ready to go!
Gladiator 96
AG
NewOldAg
AG
Already that time of the year, huh? Can't wait!
jorgerr96

kyledr04
AG
That should finally get Andretti into F1. I've been waiting for an American manufacturer to enter F1 since it's grown so much. I figured it might be with Williams or Haas. GM or Ford could buy either of them one day.

Curious if GM is going to build the engines. Haven't seen that.
SydB92
AG
On The-Race podcast earlier this week, they mentioned Andretti had lined up Renault but I assume this announcement will change things. I just noticed another podcast just dropped addressing this announcement. I assume the engine supplier will be discussed.
cap-n-jack
I wonder if this is the death kneel for Haas. Certainly they will race this year, but after that?
kyledr04
AG
Yeah, I saw another article about Renault providing engines to Andretti but GM might try to build it later.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Haas. Gene is 70 with no family to inherit everything. I ended up talking to a guy in Austin that works in sales for Haas on the machine side. He said everyone feels like they'll get sold eventually. Several of the auto manufacturers are already major Haas customers so it would be a decent acquisition especially if they wanted in F1 too.
NewOldAg
AG
I've been wondering why Ford hasn't jumped in with Andretti. Makes sense to wait on the Haas team for another 3-5 years and see where Gene is at.
kyledr04
AG
Yeah this Andretti Cadillac deal could push Ford into making a move. They could partner or buy Haas. Or , buy Williams from the VC firm that would probably be glad to flip it for profit.

There's too much US F1 money to sit on the sidelines.
StateofTexas
AG
Williams is on the grid and has a US driver ready to go for 2023 so Ford could beat them to the punch with a Williams purchase/partnership. Interesting that they have not named a team principal or technical director yet - could be part of the same play.
jorgerr96
Williams also lost like 6 or 7 (out of 24) sponsors recently. There is like zero rumors as to who might be the new team principal. Hope they can figure things out.
NewOldAg
AG
With all this new interest, I really hope F1 doesn't add more than one or two teams. I like the small grid, I think it drives story lines and makes it that much more elite, cut throat, personal, and easier to learn for a new fan.
La Fours
AG
I'm disappointed in myself for not finding this thread sooner.

Any ways…

Matt and Tommy are leaving WTF1.

Robert C. Christian
AG
Welcome to thread. Was just coming to post that video. Really enjoyed the show, not sure about the new group.
nai06
AG
La Fours said:

I'm disappointed in myself for not finding this thread sooner.

Any ways…

Matt and Tommy are leaving WTF1.

Ugh I just saw that as well. That sucks.
La Fours
AG
Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to see how good the content is with the new group.
Robert C. Christian
AG
From https://theracemedialtd.com/new-wtf1-pre-season-signings-reflect-demographics-of-exploding-fan-base/:

Quote:

Andre Harrison: Founder of Motorsport101 and outspoken critic of the #weraceasone sport washing campaign

Hannah Atkinson: Drive to Survive F1 convert who has been gaining paddock experience as an F1 influencer

Ciaran Oakes: TikTok viral sensation who will bring his unique take on the world of F1 to bear across WTF1's video output

Charley Williams: Die-hard McLaren supporter, who is a fan of motorsport across the disciplines, not just F1

To help these emerging talents to bring their abilities to the fore, highly experienced motorsport editor Ben Anderson has taken on the role of WTF1 Editor in Chief.

Hannah and Ciaran's bios don't give me a lot of hope. But I am an old person.
SydB92
AG
The social media influencers and virial sensations doesn't float with "old guy shakes fist at cloud" crowd like me.

While WTF1 probably would not have lasted if there was not a revenue stream, it didn't seem like it was the #1 priority for Matt and Tommy. The new bunch will be in it for the money............

I guess The-Race Media wanted a more "hip" content group to complement their older journalists....
jorgerr96

I followed Matty before WTF1 was that big multimedia channel back when they would just steal memes to post on FB, I kinda disliked him lol. He's a bit cringey and made many terrible videos before and had a very toxic following, BUT he built a community and even had meet ups at GPs so I'll give him that.
Gladiator 96
AG
Drum roll .......

Gladiator 96
AG

Gladiator 96
AG
Gladiator 96
AG
Gladiator 96
AG
Robert C. Christian
AG
Adjusted track layout for Spain. They are removing the last chicane.
gggmann
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Adjusted track layout for Spain. They are removing the last chicane.

That's the way it used to be - that last corner was the one of if not the highest G corner in F1 before they added the chicane.
htxag09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CnphaZKoqgZ
NewOldAg
AG
Awesome. That last chicane offers nothing but another opportunity to lock up in a slow braking zone.
Azariah
AG
For a sport with as short an offseason as F1 has, I sure am jonesing for some racing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.