***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

139,669 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by tk for tu juan
Big Shooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
What makes you think they're sandbagging? Lewis has been very critical of the car, saying they're not where they want to be. I wasn't able to watch today, so I'm curious why you think that. Thanks!
An Ag in CO
AG
Hamilton has noted the Mercedes in race trim will be right up there and the expectation for this race is they'll be in the battle for podium spots. So the FP1/FP2 runs were well below where even Merc thinks they'll end up on Sunday.
Bunk Moreland
ready for this weekend.
jdgilberg
AG
jdgilberg said:

This was fun last season so I went ahead and made a Texags fantasy league:

https://fantasy.formula1.com/en/leagues/join/C8WWLFKRR03

Bump after FP2. Teams have to be in before qualifying tomorrow at 9am!

Can enter up to 3 teams each
XpressAg09
AG
I only need one.
Azariah
AG
I am finishing up DTS, and they're covering COTA pretty heavily. It's an absolute travesty to see t.u. stealing the spotlight like this. We need to see Reveille in the paddock and the band marching on the home straight.
Azariah
AG
An Ag in CO said:

Hamilton has noted the Mercedes in race trim will be right up there and the expectation for this race is they'll be in the battle for podium spots. So the FP1/FP2 runs were well below where even Merc thinks they'll end up on Sunday.

FP2 showed that the expectations Mercedes quoted to the media are spot on. They're about half a second behind RB. What they didn't count on was the midfield closing up drastically.
Azariah
AG
Big Shooter said:

What makes you think they're sandbagging? Lewis has been very critical of the car, saying they're not where they want to be. I wasn't able to watch today, so I'm curious why you think that. Thanks!
Probably the fact that they sandbagged every year in the teens and proceeded to then crush everyone. I don't think they're doing it now, but it's a boy-who-cried-wolf situation.
Azariah
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Robert C. Christian said:

Gladiator 96 said:

Early in FP1 on Day 1, but Alonso already posting in the Aston Martin up with the Red Bulls.
I didn't watch, but seeing Stroll put up 6th best time is very impressive as he recovers from injury.
His hand issues may catch up with him by the end of the weekend. Already showing signs of it in FP2.
How about by FP2?
Gladiator 96
AG
DTS may have their first story of the year with Alonso and Aston Martin. Currently tops in FP3.
Gladiator 96
AG
And then in FP3 records a top time. Who'd a thunk it?
Gladiator 96
AG
htxag09
AG
Anyone else's feed dog **** right now?
Goldie Wilson
ESPN app feed was bad. Switched over to YTTV and it seems fine
coastalAg
AG
McLaren…
cap-n-jack
McLaren really struggling.
cap-n-jack
Decent for Sargeant. Albon made his car work, nicely done.
Enviroag02
AG
Aston Martin looks to shake things up! Love it! Wow McLaren has some work to do on their car.
Gladiator 96
AG
Hulk P6 !!
htxag09
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Decent for Sargeant. Albon made his car work, nicely done.

Sure looked like albon and maybe ocon exceeded track limits
cap-n-jack
In that shot it sure does.
cap-n-jack
How about Hulk and Haas.
kyledr04
AG
Great day for Hulk and Alonso. Wish Hulk could have kept his time in q3. He might have been around p7. Still a great day. Also encouraged by how close everyone was to each other. Going to come down to little things but RB still looks dominant.
Legal Custodian
AG
That was a fun qualifying for sure. But after all is said and done not much different than last year at the top at least.

Red Bull
Ferrari
Mercedes

And then throw in Alonso in the mix. Either way I'm excited for tomorrow
La Fours
AG
Didn't get to watch qualifying closely to see what happened with KMag. But looked like Hulk had some good laps. Saw on Twitter that Sargeant and Norris had the exact same time in Q1, but because Norris got his in first he got to advance to Q2.
gggmann
AG
Azariah
AG
La Fours said:

Didn't get to watch qualifying closely to see what happened with KMag. But looked like Hulk had some good laps. Saw on Twitter that Sargeant and Norris had the exact same time in Q1, but because Norris got his in first he got to advance to Q2.
How bad does this make Mick look?
La Fours
AG
That Mick has 2 years of experience compared to hulk's 10 or so? But yeah, Hulk is a probably a better driver.
SydB92
AG
Does anyone know if the sky sports pre show is carried on the F1TV international feed?
Gladiator 96
AG
SydB92 said:

Does anyone know if the sky sports pre show is carried on the F1TV international feed?

The Sky Sports pre show is typically carried on ESPN while F1 TV has their own pre show with Will Buxton, Jolyon Palmer and Lawrence Baretto.
Azariah
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

SydB92 said:

The Sky Sports pre show is typically carried on ESPN while F1 TV has their own pre show with Will Buxton, Jolyon Palmer and Lawrence Baretto.
Crofty's turn of phrase aside, the F1TV broadcast crew is superior across the board.
Gladiator 96
AG
Clean start. Max already out ahead of the bunch. Aston Martin looks like it will be head of midfield if not more.
cap-n-jack
Started KMag on the hards and it's not working.
coastalAg
AG
Logan Sargent had a fantastic start and is running a good race so far. Could both Williams cars compete for points today?
Gladiator 96
AG
Alonso attacks Russell and finally overtakes him. Russell pits to ditch softs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.