***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,289 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
what a day. both poles were scored by possibly the two biggest talents the Ferrari Driver Academy has ever gotten
sixiron
AG
It just doesn't feel right to have Sunday's quali on a Friday. Oh well. I'm still giving it a shot.

I prefer the previous sprint format (or the standard weekend quali format) in which the events of the weekend all progress towards the grand prix. This weekend feels very choppy so far.
Goldie Wilson
sixiron said:

It just doesn't feel right to have Sunday's quali on a Friday. Oh well. I'm still giving it a shot.

I prefer the previous sprint format (or the standard weekend quali format) in which the events of the weekend all progress towards the grand prix. This weekend feels very choppy so far.
Agreed. If they want the sprint to be it's own thing, why not have it on Friday, regular quali Saturday, and race on Sunday. That seems like a more natural progression
XpressAg09
AG
McLaren making improvements?
PJYoung
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

For the other sprint races, points were awarded 8 down to 1 for Top 8 and main race points stayed the same.

I am going to assume this format will be the same.
Yeah that's the Sprint race points and I assume main race stays the same.

Pretty fun qualifying session this morning.

Shocking to see a Mercedes miss Q3.
cap-n-jack
It's amazing to me how Max can drive and whine all at the same time.
Gladiator 96
AG
Never good to see a single tire in the driver lineup
cap-n-jack
Why did they release him, surely they could see that the car wasn't straight.
AgGrad99
AG
cap-n-jack said:

It's amazing to me how Max can drive and whine all at the same time.

They're all pretty good at that. Its impressive.
Gladiator 96
AG
Max going off on George about the Lap 1 contact
Jsimonds58
AG
Need someone to channel a little attitude era nascar and start swinging post race hahaha
Gladiator 96
AG
Post Sprint Race

hoosier-daddy
Just finished the sprint. F Max
boogieman
AG
Ok, this one made me laugh.
Gladiator 96
AG
Safety Car deployed after DeVries stopped on track
Gladiator 96
AG
Ocon and Hulk playing the Albon strategy of Hards until the end with one pit stop
Gladiator 96
AG
Wow! Pit lane starts to fill with personnel without realizing that Ocon needed to pit. Will be a big story.

Someone could have been killed.

Gladiator 96
AG
Checo wins convincingly over Max and officially does not give a **** about Max's Championship aspirations
Gladiator 96
AG
jorgerr96
Three thoughts:

-How long until De Vries gets sacked? Could he get sacked mid season? He's shown nothing in F1. Even in F2 and F3 he was good, but just good, never had WOW moments.
-This year F1 was insanely boring. F2 had its moments with the qualifying and the sprint race but the feature was boring.
-Ollie Bearman topping every session in F2, if he keeps the momentum he is going to be a name in F1. Most talented Ferrari Driver Academy member since Leclerc.
cap-n-jack
Kind of word salad from FIA if you ask me. It was a really bad situation. Potentially tragic.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-statement-dangerous-baku-pit-lane/
aggiejumper
AG
I'm surprised someone in the media didn't say anything. They're pretty good and following the race.

I'm also surprised the Red Bull guys didn't say anything too but again they aren't supposed to be on the fence anymore either.
Gladiator 96
AG
tk for tu juan
hoosier-daddy

i want to hear the team audio
Azariah
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Three thoughts:

-How long until De Vries gets sacked? Could he get sacked mid season? He's shown nothing in F1. Even in F2 and F3 he was good, but just good, never had WOW moments.
-This year F1 was insanely boring. F2 had its moments with the qualifying and the sprint race but the feature was boring.
-Ollie Bearman topping every session in F2, if he keeps the momentum he is going to be a name in F1. Most talented Ferrari Driver Academy member since Leclerc.

Who replaces DeVries mid season that will make things worth laying out the Dutch driver? Would DR take that seat?
XpressAg09
AG
Particularly good F1 Comedy Review this week.
Quote:

Gasly taking time to thank the engineers for fixing the car [after qualifying] before saying 'LOLS have fun doing that again.'

jorgerr96
Miami GA still available at $590 (vs $1200 last year), GP is this week. I've heard from friends that they keep getting calls from sales reps to renew their seats from last year.
jorgerr96
Liam Lawson 100%. He's done great in Super Formula so far and that's the route Red Bull took with Gasly so either way he is the next to get a seat in Alpha Tauri.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Ricciardo has a seat at HAAS, if he wants it. I could see Sauber/Audi/Alfa signing him with Seidl now there too.
tk for tu juan
Familiar sound:

Cappo
AG
sick
WC87
AG
RB special Miami livery

cap-n-jack
Are Tubbs and Crockett going to be driving them?
kyledr04
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.