***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,852 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Just hope they don't leave. I still want a 24 car grid again. Hitech (from F2, F3, F4) announced yesterday they have plans to bid for a slot on the 2026 grid and if the FIA lets them in but not Andretti that would be wild lol

Azariah
AG
La Fours said:

I think that's really picking at nits. Re: Haas. But I'm content with saying it is an American owned team. It wouldn't make sense financially or logistically for an F1 team to be based here. I just assumed it was accepted that Haas an American team because it is owned by an American.
Haas lost all claim to 'American' when he painted the card like a Russian flag. I don't mind it being international. I don't mind soaking the Mazepins for money to build the new car. You paint your car like the Russian flag, however, and you can **** right off. You're not American.
Azariah
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Just hope they don't leave. I still want a 24 car grid again. Hitech (from F2, F3, F4) announced yesterday they have plans to bid for a slot on the 2026 grid and if the FIA lets them in but not Andretti that would be wild lol

Haas and AlphaTauri need to be sold to people who will take the sport seriously. Andretti needs to be the 11th team, however. I'm fine with HiTech buying one of those two or being a new team.
jorgerr96
the only american thing Haas had was that USGP package that included a BBQ with team members lol
ReloadAg
AG
Yes! Those two teams deserve more than the attention and investment they are currently getting.
Gladiator 96
AG
Yet again .....

SydB92
AG
Now know as RBZ (Red Bull Zwei)
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
AlphaTauri as a clothing brand has been a huge flop. (No way; an energy drink company making clothes is a flop!? Who could have predicted this?)

With DM passing away, it would seem the new RB leadership is changing a few things here or there.
XpressAg09
AG
numetalbizkitaggie said:

AlphaTauri as a clothing brand has been a huge flop. (No way; an energy drink company making clothes is a flop!? Who could have predicted this?)

With DM passing away, it would seem the new RB leadership is changing a few things here or there.
I mean, an energy drink company is winning Formula 1 right now...?

I think the bigger reason it's a flop is that they're trying to charge near $500 for this outfit, shoes not included.

SydB92
AG
But when you have Tom Brady as your model, you are bound to succeed.
Gladiator 96
AG
Maybe they thought that Gasly would bring some looks and appeal from the Formula 1 side to the clothing side. However, now that he is at Alpine, the current drivers would not fit that bill.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
XpressAg09 said:

numetalbizkitaggie said:

I mean, an energy drink company is winning Formula 1 right now...?

I think the bigger reason it's a flop is that they're trying to charge near $500 for this outfit, shoes not included.

Fashion industry is a little different than motorsport. Could we agree that anything sport makes a bit more commercial sense for an energy drink company than fashion? DM was also a huge motorsport fanatic so that's a big reason RB is successful in F1. Maybe he was a fashion guy too, who knows, but he's passed away so AT isn't really comparable as a brand.

And yeah, they wanted to be a high fashion brand with zero pedigree in the industry; that's what I'm saying is the issue.
Gladiator 96
AG
Albon having a good FP1 so far. Currently P5 and about 0.4 behind the top spot.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Reminder that this is a sprint weekend so the scheduled is jumbled up!

Free Practice 1
30 Jun
06:30 (CT)

Qualifying
30 Jun
10:00 (CT)

Sprint Shootout (Sprint Qualifying)
1 Jul
05:00 (CT)

Sprint
1 Jul
09:30 (CT)

Grand Prix
2 Jul
08:00 (CT)
jorgerr96

F3 quali was a disaster at the end with nearly everybody out on track. F2 was decent but sucks to see Bearman either have an insane 30 point weekend or a terrible one with 0 (probably this week).

F1 sprint shootout on and honestly they might as well just cancel De Vries flight back and leave him there. Just call Lawson at this point
Gladiator 96
AG
Today is race quali. Sprint Shootout is tomorrow morning.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

Hamilton would like to see a rule introduced to prevent teams being able to switch to developing their next car too early in the season.

"The car (Mercedes' W14) is moving in the right direction. I think ultimately it's likely that - bit by bit - by the end of the year we will probably catch Red Bull, but that's only because they're probably already focusing on next year's car because they're so far ahead," Hamilton told Sky Sports at the Austrian GP.
"They don't have to make any changes to this year's car any more as they're so far ahead. He's cruising at 100 points ahead of us.

"I think the FIA should probably put a time when everyone is allowed to start developing on the next year's car. So August 1, that's when everybody can start so then no one can get an advantage on the next year, cause that sucks.
So what's everyone's take on Lewis saying this
jorgerr96

Checo driving like an F3 driver out there. Insane to see how many laps he got deleted because of track limits. horrible driving
Gladiator 96
AG
Russell and Perez out of Q2
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Nothing about what Mercedes has done to the car over the last few months leads this Mercedes fan to believe that the team will catch the current Red Bull by the end of the year...

...even if Red Bull decided to stop upgrading their current car.
AgGrad99
AG
What he's saying though, is that FIA should start restricting teams, and establishing a date that they can start working on upgrades...allowing other teams to catch up.

He used the example that RB is so far ahead this season, they can work on next season...and that's not fair.

I dont know if he's wrong, but I dont think he can be the person saying it. He didnt bring this up the past decade when his car was so far ahead.
PJYoung
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

Hamilton would like to see a rule introduced to prevent teams being able to switch to developing their next car too early in the season.

"The car (Mercedes' W14) is moving in the right direction. I think ultimately it's likely that - bit by bit - by the end of the year we will probably catch Red Bull, but that's only because they're probably already focusing on next year's car because they're so far ahead," Hamilton told Sky Sports at the Austrian GP.
"They don't have to make any changes to this year's car any more as they're so far ahead. He's cruising at 100 points ahead of us.

"I think the FIA should probably put a time when everyone is allowed to start developing on the next year's car. So August 1, that's when everybody can start so then no one can get an advantage on the next year, cause that sucks.
I think that's gonna be pretty hard to police.
Gladiator 96
AG
Azariah
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

Lewis has about as much standing to say this as Christopher Reeve.
Azariah
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

He actually looked to be trying to get out of the way, just poorly.

Also, the stewards can see the pitchforks from their seat. It's called the Red Bull Ring for goodness' sake.
mts6175
AG
Azariah said:

AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

Lewis has about as much standing to say this as Christopher Reeve.
Honestly, he makes a valid point.

In the case of Red Bull, he's exactly right. Then look at teams like Haas and Alpine that scrapped last year to focus on this year. Makes for some boring racing when teams don't care about the current season.
jorgerr96
That's how Kubica missed out of a championship run. 2008 is like one of the biggest what if's in modern times. Dude was legitimately a serious contender and what does Sauber do? Decide to forget about the 2008 season and start focusing on 2009 mid year. And of course Sauber car in 2009 was pretty terrible lol
jorgerr96
F2 paid respect with a moment of silence before their sprint race so I am hoping F1 does the same (teams and drivers already left their condolences on socials)

cap-n-jack
Bottas on mediums, this should be fun.
Gladiator 96
AG
Bottas box to start the race
Gladiator 96
AG
HULK!
cap-n-jack
Hope for Haas's sake the track stays wet.
Gladiator 96
AG
Excellent points for Hulk and Haas! Could have been higher but great fight by Nico!
McGibblets
AG
Probably the best racing we've seen all season. Hopefully tomorrow can bring a similar amount of excitement
Jsimonds58
AG
That was a BANGER of a race

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.