***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,992 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10pm local to Vegas, should be pretty awesome.
The Pilot
AG
It's dark by 6pm, they should start this mofo at 7 or 8pm local time.
The Pilot
AG
Quote:

What it means for fans back home
Sleep could be overrated for F1's diehard fans eager to tune in to one of the most-hyped races in the sport's recent history especially those whose fierce interest helped make a race in Las Vegas possible in the first place.
The decision to start the race at 10 p.m. was made with F1's "legacy fans on the other side of the Atlantic" in mind, according to Wilm. The race will start at 6 a.m. in the UK and 7 a.m. in Europe, making it comparable to the wake-up for Australia or Japan.

"We wanted to make sure they can get up with a cup of coffee and watch the race, just like we do here in America for the European races," Wilm said.
"It became very much just kind of factoring all of these concerns in, and we arrived at the 10pm start time as the best of the available options."
But the 10 p.m. PT kickoff means a brutally late start for the half of Americans who live in the country's eastern time zone.
So there's a sense of irony in the 10 p.m. start time for Las Vegas: A large proportion of the American fans whose fervent interest in F1 helped make the race possible will be in one of the worst timezones to watch the race live.
On every level, Las Vegas will be a race unlike any we've seen before in F1 history. No event has been so hyped up or seen so much raw investment or support from F1, nor is anywhere else likely to be quite so visually spectacular.
The 10 p.m. start time means Las Vegas will be a night race like no other but from a time management perspective, it could also be one of the most challenging events F1 teams and fans have ever faced.
https://theathletic.com/5005794/2023/10/28/las-vegas-gp-start-time-10-pm-why/
tk for tu juan
Looks good, but I don't have Hulu

Azariah
AG
That is much closer than I thought it was. I'm pretty hyped for that one.
La Fours
AG
My first thought when I saw the trailer was Idiocracy and Brawndo.

I don't know anything about this team, but the show looks great.

Bernie Ecclestone looks like *****
Gladiator 96
AG
I've only been following Formula 1 since late 2018 season, so a lot of this is new to me.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Current forecast has this set to be the coldest Grand Prix of all time.

Haas and Aston should benefit as they seem to fire up their tires better.
nai06
AG
https://jalopnik.com/formula-1-didnt-realize-las-vegas-would-be-cold-in-nove-1851011607

So if Vegas just going to be a **** show? Cold temperatures affecting everything from tires to power units. I was reading it might be one of the coldest F1 races.
PJYoung
AG
The Pilot said:

It's dark by 6pm, they should start this mofo at 7 or 8pm local time.

They need europe to be able to watch live, those 2 hours help.
PJYoung
AG
nai06 said:

https://jalopnik.com/formula-1-didnt-realize-las-vegas-would-be-cold-in-nove-1851011607

So if Vegas just going to be a **** show? Cold temperatures affecting everything from tires to power units. I was reading it might be one of the coldest F1 races.

Might shake things up and be a fun race.
Azariah
AG
Trying to think through the ramifications of tyres that simply will not overheat. Does that mean cars like Haas literally cannot burn them up? That would be nuts to have them do well in Vegas. Hulkenberg first podium would be amazing.

Ferrari giving Max a run on legit pace?
Ferrari, Haas, Alfa all in the points?
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
New asphalt plus low track temperature will mean very low grip overall; a lot of lock ups. The tires will be prone to graining where they wear fast if driven too hard without temp.

The cars that wear tires quicker in normal conditions will benefit as they will naturally have more heat in the tires and keep them in a healthier operating window for wear. I'd also expect cars with good mechanical grip out of slow speed corners to be very strong.
jorgerr96

Lia Block (daughter of Ken Block) joins F1 Academy with Williams. Her signing to F1 Academy and Williams Academy makes sense + great timing with F1 in Vegas. So there will be a US driver in that grid next year, first year in single seaters so hopefully she is able to show off.

McGibblets
AG
If anyone wants to get crazy, Haas is +2800 for double points. Could be worth a flyer with all the track temp speculation
La Fours
AG
Lol. They have a hard enough time not crashing in normal conditions. What makes you think they would survive unknown conditions?
PJYoung
AG
I do feel like this is a good race to take a flyer on some longshots.
La Fours
AG
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8DC7TLF/
XpressAg09
AG
Good overview (probably for newbs, and that's me) with regards to how Vegas weather is gonna make this a potentially eventful race weekend.

Matsui
jorgerr96
If staying up this weekend for F1 I recommend having a second screen on and stream Macau F3 World Cup. Will be on FIA's Youtube channel and start an hour into the Vegas GP.

Basically the most talented F3/F4 drivers in action with some from other series thrown in and even F2. Marcus Armstrong from Indy Car and my Dan Ticktum from Formula E are racing as well. US driver Ugo Ugochukwu is racing in with Trident.

Both F1 and Macau F3 being street circuits, I hope for some great racing
Bunk Moreland
To me it feels like there's a 50/50 chance with Vegas on being either a major ****show or awesome. Nothing in between.
The Marksman
AG
This 100%
tk for tu juan
Opening ceremony currently on ESPN2
Azariah
AG
That was actually cool. I enjoyed it.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Macau is one of the races you want to win as a junior driver. Typically, the winner ends up somewhere in high level racing, if not F1.
La Fours
AG
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8DweykQ/
Gladiator 96
AG
Sphere intro

SydB92
AG
Well they have the proper images to do a hunger games style elimination photos.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Anyone watch the Netflix Vegas F1/PGA golf scramble?
Gladiator 96
AG
I only saw the highlight of Sainz killing the Netflix trophy
kyledr04
AG
I don't usually watch fp1 but interested to see how this goes
Gladiator 96
AG
Red Flag as Carlos Sainz has to stop and get out of car
aggiejumper
AG
Is it me or are there nearly zero fans in the stands for FP1? Precursor to the biggest flop of a race ever?
SydB92
AG
Have a friend there, seats across from the Sphere. Said about 2/3rds full

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.