***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,858 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honestly, I am impressed I am still seeing ads for tickets for the USGP. 2021 and 2022 sales were going fast, but this time they keep advertising single days and GA. I was at a concert there last month and they had a sign saying buy your The Killers ticket for $59 (not even mentioning F1 friday lol) and we will give you a free beer ($10 coupon).
jorgerr96

F1 Academy starts broadcasting live with the next race weekend (Austin)
hoosier-daddy
StateofTexas said:

McL only brought a high downforce rear wing this week and said they have been too focused on upgrades to develop a low drag wing.

I'll be interested to see ratings after the summer break with every race dominated by a cold fish. Probably not a coincidence that I got an email for discounted tickets for the US races.

Reports of GA in Austin being a terrible experience with lines and lack of visibility, Im not surprised
Peter Klaven
AG
My main hang up on attending a race has been price but maybe I'll have to look into the US GP. That's a sprint weekend too so maybe Saturday is the day to go and not race day...
Gladiator 96
AG
Not sure why I am still posting these at this point

Gladiator 96
AG
ReloadAg
AG
GA in Austin is great! Lots of awesome vantage points around the track.
La Fours
AG
Yeah, we really enjoyed sitting GA at turn 11. Plus they have giant screens showing the tv broadcast.
jorgerr96
Yeah Austin is one of the best for GA I've read. GA areas have been getting smaller because of the addition of new grandstands but it's still one of the prime circuits to attend with GA. Miami and Canada I've heard it's horrible lol
Brad 98
AG
What's the magic number for Max? Will he be the fastest crowned world champion?
jorgerr96
Michael was champion by this time in 2002 but those seasons back then were shorter and the point system was different, gonna wait until someone smart does some kind of analysis to see when Max could clinch and how it compares to the most dominant MSC season
aggiejumper
AG
Rough math says possible by Qatar, and definitely possible in Austin.
2002 was so different I wouldn't compare the two and just appreciate the dominance. If Max is 1 or 2 the rest of the season then it would probably beat MSC in 02 but only because Max had nearly twice the races and kept scorning. Mechanical issues are the only things I see slowing down securing if the title.
Red Bull can secure constructors in Japan I think.
tk for tu juan
If Checo won the next five races (w/o getting fastest lap) while Max sat at home, they would be tied in points
Gladiator 96
AG
PJYoung
AG
Man I enjoyed both qualifying days and the Sprint race waaaaay more than the actual race this weekend.

It's always fun when a wet track is drying.
Azariah
AG
Checo had an excellent day on Sunday. He did everything Red Bull needed him to do, and he did it well. I still think he's sketchy and there should be someone more consistent in that seat, but this weekend was good.
Azariah
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

The summer break coincides nicely with the start of fall football camp.
Gladiator 96
AG
SydB92
AG
I guess this is legal...............I was listening to the podcast and thought I misheard Crofty. I guess not.

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Not exactly. They cannot just run the RB19, otherwise they would get multiple penalties, similar to Racing Point in 2020. They can run certain homologated parts for the suspensions and drivetrain due to compatibility loopholes with the RBPT engine.
Gladiator 96
AG
Carro Reuso
WC87
AG
As soon as Red Bull Junior went to being sponsored by Eurotrash fashion they themselves went to garbage, and yes I understand Alpha Tauri is RB affiliated.

Get away from fashion. Hugo Boss, Alpha Tauri, Ocean Pacific, Members Only, whatever. Go back to Torro Rosso and live your ducking truth.
poundstone
Been bored, watching Leclers vlogs, good stuff

sburg2007
London Fog and get the Brit's on the team.
nai06
AG
sburg2007 said:

London Fog and get the Brit's on the team.

Why would Brits care about an American company?
tk for tu juan
Old V8 F1 sounds
jorgerr96
F2 and F3 calendars announced, as well as Italian F4.

Debating between Austria and Spa. Austria seems like the one GP that doesn't suffer from weather but Spa is a bucket list track. If FRECA announce that they are with Italian F4 in Paul Ricard the weekend before Spa then I'll do Spa and hope for the best. Nowadays I am far more invested in F2/F3 than F1 and the F3 grid next year has the potential to be an all timer
jorgerr96

best news of the summer for me
SydB92
AG
Since its a sprint weekend, which Haas driver will get the short end of the stick? Not sure either one would want to go into race quali without at least few laps, especially if the rest of the field gets a full session.
jorgerr96

probably K-Mag, I see him as the one that will be demoted whenever Haas brings in a rookie
OptimisticAggie22
AG
Might be my McLaren bias coming out, but do they catch Ferrari in the constructors by the end of the season?
Azariah
AG
OptimisticAggie22 said:

Might be my McLaren bias coming out, but do they catch Ferrari in the constructors by the end of the season?
They are 88 points behind at the moment. With 10 races left, they would basically have to outscore Ferrari by 11 points per race. That's a pretty tall order. Without race wins, that's basically both McLaren drivers ahead of both Ferrari drivers, high up in the standings, with probably at least one Ferrari DNF in there.

Not impossible but highly unlikely.
Azariah
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Old V8 F1 sounds

Nice. Rimac is the car Hammond drove off a cliff.
OptimisticAggie22
AG
If they can keep Lando and Oscar in top 4 and if Ferrari finishes bottom half of the points they can. If it happens, it will be more of a Ferrari blunder rather than McLaren dominance.
Gladiator 96
AG
https://x.com/fastestpitstop/status/1692200694315446511?s=46&t=j6ZtmUb2QHgdX_78XpXOmQ

Link not showing. Felipe Massa moving forward with lawsuit against FIA about 2008 season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.