***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,898 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
vbl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That was a pretty big hit.
La Fours
AG
Man, bad luck for KMag. Huge break with the red flag for Ferrari and Leclerc to get the wing changed.
vbl
Go get him Louis. His tires are not going to last.
Jsimonds58
AG
You think the mediums are going to last longer?
vbl
Not looking like it.
Jsimonds58
AG
They were never going to, that play was for P2 not to challenge max
jorgerr96
Smh

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Complete F1 novice question, does the rest of the league get mad and look down on the Red Bull team not being a traditional car manufacturer?
vbl
This is approaching Shumi and Ferrari territory. Sucks for the sport.
TDub
AG
vbl said:

Bet you had zero issues with it when Lewis & Merc won 7 years in a row….
vbl
TDub said:

vbl said:

Not at all man. Not at all.
The Marksman
AG
Happy with Ferrari's result. Couldn't do much better. Glad K-Mag was okay, my immediate reaction to the crash was that he would be injured. Checo pulled another Checo, this one particularly hard to watch.
PJYoung
AG
TDub said:

vbl said:

It's the non competitive races that suck. 15 plus wins in a season by one driver is a problem for the sport.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Then make the cars stock like Indy. Otherwise why do folks ***** at dominance. Other teams need to build better cars and hire better drivers. Red Bull is in a league of their own.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
When they first bought Jaguar in 2005, there was a lot of clowning on them for being a drinks company. Hard to do that now when they are destroying everyone else.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

Then make the cars stock like Indy. Otherwise why do folks ***** at dominance. Other teams need to build better cars and hire better drivers. Red Bull is in a league of their own.

Amen. I thought F1 should have permitted DAS (Dual-Axis Steering) that Mercedes developed. Teams inventing/embracing new technology for a competitive advantage should be at the core of the league.
jorgerr96
Lewis also had difficult seasons. 2016 was entertaining and he lost.

2017 and 2018 fight vs Vettel up to September was very very fun.

Only year I legitimately call a bore was 2020. 2019 was cool, had some nice momenrs, like Charles first win or Vettel finally winning in October after a rough year
Poot
Checo… man, what a wildly, unnecessarily aggressive move on the 1st turn. He seems like such a head case. You're in a car that is capable of winning the GP by 15 seconds (if driven by Max), yet, you decide that it's a good idea to have a Leroy Jenkins moment on the 1st turn at your home race?

Huh?
nai06
AG
Wrong thread!
RadAg14
AG
255 million worth of shares traded at Aston Martin this morning. Strolls heading out?
jorgerr96
Agreed, I like the way you put it. F1 is seen as the pinnacle of motorsport, not just racing, some of the smartest engineers in motorsport are there pushing limits to constantly develop a better car. The technical aspect in the sport is fun to follow even if it gets complicated to understand
Gladiator 96
AG
Domination happens. Jordan. Brady. Tiger. The sport improves when everyone else decides they no longer want to be content to get their butts kicked by the dominators each week.
Mike Elko
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Moved to Austin so basically every band comes here, and if I have to fly I just bring my laptop with me and work on the flight or sometimes even outside the venue. I get 18 days of pto + 10 days of sick time. I joined in 2021 so half that year I basically did nothing so I saved a lot of pto, so every year I end up with a balance (this year I'll have 15-16 days to move around to 2024 lol). I run through my sick time first before my pto and just stay on top of my KPIs so nobody bats an eye. We actually just had lay offs yesterday (I work for a company thats based in China and the previous President didn't like) but I thankfully survived.

Company does sponsor AM but they don't give us anything, probably just to the big region managers, they didn't hook up the BPM that worked out some merch stuff with them. I asked him to get me in to their event last year with Vettel and they still said no lol

Right on. Cheers!
PJYoung
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Domination happens. Jordan. Brady. Tiger. The sport improves when everyone else decides they no longer want to be content to get their butts kicked by the dominators each week.
I don't have an answer for it - just that the current situation is terrible for F1.

And I promise you the other teams are trying their best.

The answer might lie in forcing everybody to start from scratch each season. Right now Red Bull has such a massive lead that they've been working on next year's car for quite a while so things will probably continue to trend in the same direction.

I'm pretty sure even Max is bored at this point.

I'm enjoying the racing behind him so maybe that's the answer for us fans.

Kudos to Red Bull for dominating though. They continue to hit it out of the park.
Azariah
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Complete F1 novice question, does the rest of the league get mad and look down on the Red Bull team not being a traditional car manufacturer?
Somewhat. They really did when RB first bought the team from Jaguar. RB leaned into that stigma and turned themselves into the party team. Winning 4 WDCs pretty quickly thereafter shut up most of the critics pretty quickly,though.
Azariah
AG
PJYoung said:

Gladiator 96 said:

I don't have an answer for it - just that the current situation is terrible for F1.

The answer might lie in forcing everybody to start from scratch each season. Right now Red Bull has such a massive lead that they've been working on next year's car for quite a while so things will probably continue to trend in the same direction.

Kudos to Red Bull for dominating though. They continue to hit it out of the park.
This is either sour grapes or you've been a fan for about five minutes. Either way, your opinion is not to be taken seriously.
XpressAg09
AG
Azariah said:

Either way, your opinion is not to be taken seriously.

It's not silly to want first place to be contested. And right now it isn't, and it's not even close.

One of the reasons F1 is seeing a spike in interest (in America, a new market) lately is because of the last-lap-of-the-last-race-of-the-season drama that got Max his first championship. Everything came down to Abu Dhabi.

This season's drama is over who replaces Checo, why Ferrari can't do a strategy, and who replaces the folks leaving after this season.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
The going rumor is that he is going to sell out to the Saudi's since the Fly Saudia logo showed up on the car.
PJYoung
AG
Azariah said:

PJYoung said:

Gladiator 96 said:

This is either sour grapes or you've been a fan for about five minutes. Either way, your opinion is not to be taken seriously.
lol, 12 years? Something like that. So yes a newer fan for sure.

But ok. Seeing one guy, I don't care who, win 15+ times with almost all of them completely uncontested can't be good for the sport. Lewis dominated but in those seasons we had some very close back and forth with real drama. Not much of that the past 2 years and much less of it this season.

Again, the stuff further back in the pack has been fun at times for sure.
jorgerr96

Honestly miss final race showdowns. 2016 was fun even if it was just one team contesting, Lewis on P1 slowing EVERYBODY down so Rosberg would get overtaken only for Vettel to spend a good amount of final laps defending him from a Max Verstappen that was faster and desperate for a P3/P4? What a ending. Lewis also showed how selfish he was that race.

Don't even get me started on 2009 and 2012, 2012 was one of the few times I shut down the TV in anger only to come back like 20 mins later and see my favorite driver recovered somehow lol. 2007 wasn't my favorite because Kimi didn't deserve it (this coming form a Ferrari fan).

Now? I barely care for the final rounds, which sucks cause Brazil always delivers but by then the title is already decided. I can skip the live broadcast and just watch the replay.
La Fours
AG
Mercedes CTO Mike Elliot is leaving.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.breaking-mercedes-chief-technical-officer-mike-elliott-leaves-silver-arrows.240Fv0fDqgrt5Uf1HHmf24.html
aggiejumper
AG
Does he go to Williams and follow James Vowles or does he go to Andretti?
La Fours
AG
Swollen Thumb
AG
PJYoung said:

Azariah said:

PJYoung said:

Gladiator 96 said:

lol, 12 years? Something like that. So yes a newer fan for sure.

But ok. Seeing one guy, I don't care who, win 15+ times with almost all of them completely uncontested can't be good for the sport. Lewis dominated but in those seasons WE had some very close back and forth with real drama. Not much of that the past 2 years and much less of it this season.

Again, the stuff further back in the pack has been fun at times for sure.

"We". it's making sense now. Lol
Swollen Thumb
AG
So what's the solution? Indy cars? I just started following a couple years ago after DTS and love dominance. Witnessed the red bull overtake of Merc. Beautiful. Lewis is a condescending fake *****. Max is arrogant but real and oh so good. That shows my colors. Tell Toto to put a decent car in the race and then we'll talk. Otherwise spare me. Or change the freaking sport you long timers profess to love.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.