***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,933 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
hoosier-daddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
is the pregame show not televised today? also all the espn channels are showing college soccer, volleyball & no race. wtf?
FTAco07
AG
It's on ABC
hoosier-daddy
thanks. "abc sports special" on the direct tv guide. and the f1 website says it's on espn
hoosier-daddy
who's the wanker making a mockery of the anthem
Enviroag02
AG
Really wanna see a Norris victory!
crane
********** leclerc
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Going about as expected.
MAROON
AG
Leclerc - "why did I have to let Carlos pass me?" Uh because he's a hell of a lot faster than you!!!!
Gladiator 96
AG
Yeah I'm a Merc homer and really wanted Lewis to pull off that comeback today. It wasn't to be though.
La Fours
AG
Exciting race. Early on looked like maybe Lando could get his first win. Glad he finished on the podium.

Heck of a drive by Max. Very patient.

Lewis with a great drive as well, made it interesting at the end. And had they pitted him sooner, probably would have won.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I'm a Max fan but he was a whiny beotch on the radio to his team. Lost some respect there. Was hoping for Hamilton to close the gap for a photo finish.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Someone should tell the announcers the fans weren't booing Max.
La Fours
AG
This isn't a dig at you, but I'm guessing you're new to the sport.

All the drivers have moments like that. Max, Lewis, George, Yuki (lol), Charles.

I am a Max fan as well, and used to clown on Lewis and other drivers for the radio messages during the "heat of battle". I try not to hold it against any of them anymore. I know how I get in the heat of the moment just watching sports.
La Fours
AG
They weren't? Honestly asking because it definitely sounded like it.
Robert C. Christian
AG
La Fours said:

They weren't? Honestly asking because it definitely sounded like it.

Maybe this is my bias showing but I thought it was for Abbott. Didn't sound like a lot of boos when they did Max post race interview. So that was the only thing different in my mind.
Gladiator 96
AG
Just know that next weekend you will hear nothing but "Checo Checo" the entire weekend no matter how Perez is doing.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
La Fours said:

This isn't a dig at you, but I'm guessing you're new to the sport.

All the drivers have moments like that. Max, Lewis, George, Yuki (lol), Charles.

I am a Max fan as well, and used to clown on Lewis and other drivers for the radio messages during the "heat of battle". I try not to hold it against any of them anymore. I know how I get in the heat of the moment just watching sports.

You guessed wrong, I've been following/attending since the end of the V12 era. I know they all complain on the radio. Even the race commentators were questioning why Max was being so snappish. Part of why I am fan is how he handles the pressure.
La Fours
AG
Ok. Fair enough.
La Fours
AG
Ah. I didn't pay close attention to the trophy presentation. Was Abbott on the stage?
La Fours
AG
My last comment on the radio stuff… The Sky producers choose what radio calls get played on air and are going to choose ones like Max's that are spicy. So there's a definite bias towards emotionally charged radio messages, especially if they are from polarizing drivers like Max and Lewis.
Robert C. Christian
AG
La Fours said:

Ah. I didn't pay close attention to the trophy presentation. Was Abbott on the stage?
Yes, he was the presenter for the winner's (Max's) trophy.
Goldie Wilson
How were crowds, traffic, lines, and general logistics this year?

Did anybody spring for any shared or private hospitality this year? Would be interested in any reviews or pros/cons
nai06
AG
Welp I got to my truck 10 mins after the end of the race in lot L. I'm still in traffic on 71.
kyledr04
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

How were crowds, traffic, lines, and general logistics this year?

Did anybody spring for any shared or private hospitality this year? Would be interested in any reviews or pros/cons

Shuttles ran the smoothest since I've been. Second year doing the podium club. It's a good setup. It's nice to have shade all day. Good view and seating. Bathrooms with AC. You can see turns 19 and 20, the pit, and up the main straight. There were fewer people than last year which was nice. Food is so so but you can go out for other choices.
gggmann
AG
Looks like Hamilton and Leclerc cars failed post race inspection for too much plank wear. Possible disqualification coming.
La Fours
AG
Oh no. Hope that's not the case.
La Fours
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

La Fours said:

Yes, he was the presenter for the winner's (Max's) trophy.

La Fours
AG
La Fours said:

Oh no. Hope that's not the case.

Ok, I take it back.

La Fours
AG
nai06
AG
Pretty pleased with my Haas shirt I bought this weekend
La Fours
AG
That's awesome. Now I'm gonna see if it's available online.
aggiejumper
AG
TDub
AG
Points for Logan!!! Let's gooooo
Robert C. Christian
AG
HELL YEAH!

jorgerr96

This was my piece of the week. Had a great time getting it done. Signed by Max Verstappen, Charles Leclerc, Carlos Sainz, Lando Norris, Oscar Piastri, Liam Lawson, Daniel Ricciardo, Mark Webber, James Vowles, Zak Brown.

On to save some cash for Miami for F1 Academy, and Spa for F2/F3!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.