***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

295,769 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congrats Rangers fans, this will be a well earned WS, everything came together in the postseason…cherish every moment.
Muy
AG
tjack16 said:

fc2112 said:

Y'all did that from 2017-2022 on the trash talk thread. Except y'all were out by mid July or early August. We are doing that in 2023 now because y'all beat us fair and square.

Congrats on a big win last night and likely your first World Series title. Enjoy it. We've got *2 titles and 4 pennants in 7 years so I'm not overly upset if y'all win this one.
JWinTX
tjack16 said:

fc2112 said:

Y'all did that from 2017-2022 on the trash talk thread. Except y'all were out by mid July or early August. We are doing that in 2023 now because y'all beat us fair and square.

Congrats on a big win last night and likely your first World Series title. Enjoy it. We've got 2 titles and 4 pennants in 7 years so I'm not overly upset if y'all win this one.
This is how every Astros fan should feel. None of what the Rangers are doing will take away from what an unbelievable run yall are on.
the_batman26
AG
Because it's objectively true. I have more to do than care about what the geriatrics here think.
the_batman26
AG
What's also objectively true, as I said earlier, is that no one's watching or cares about either team.
FunkyTownAg
AG
Plenty of people watched the Rangers send the Astros packin
Aggies2009
AG
the_batman26 said:

What's also objectively true, as I said earlier, is that no one's watching or cares about either team.
I don't know that viewership smack is the card Astros fans want to play- before this season, 3 of the 5 least-watched World Series were ones that included the Astros.
TexasAggiesWin
S
the_batman26 said:

Because it's objectively true. I have more to do than care about what the geriatrics here think.
Yet, you keep posting about objective truths on the boomer board.

the_batman26
AG
And yet yours is at the lowest. The very lowest, in fact. If millions more people wanted to watch the Lions and Raiders, of all teams, over the Rangers at their height, it's not a good look.
Grapesoda2525
the_batman26 said:

And yet yours is at the lowest. The very lowest, in fact. If millions more people wanted to watch the Lions and Raiders, of all teams, over the Rangers at their height, it's not a good look.
You guys are silly. From a ratings perspective, Arizona is barely better than matching up against New Mexico or Oklahoma. If we were playing the Phillies or the Mets, the ratings wouldn't be an issue. The ratings don't stink because of us, they stink because of the diamondbacks. Get over yourselves.
MrCoachEricTaylor
the_batman26 said:

I think you're lost ole son, this isn't the Astros Offseason thread.
AgEng06
AG
Aggies2009 said:

the_batman26 said:

I don't know that viewership smack is the card Astros fans want to play- before this season, 3 of the 5 least-watched World Series were ones that included the Astros.

Astros fans that use viewers as smack talk forget this. And that their WS appearances included the Cubs, Dodgers, Nationals, Braves, and Phillies.
jkag89
AgEng06 said:

Aggies2009 said:

the_batman26 said:

Astros fans that use viewers as smack talk forget this. And that their WS appearances included the Cubs, Dodgers, Nationals, Braves, and Phillies.
The Astros played the Cubs in the World Series?

You're post is not helping dispel the notion that the average TexAgs POW POW Lifelong FPTR fan knows anything about baeball.
TexasAggiesWin
S
jkag89 said:

AgEng06 said:

Aggies2009 said:

the_batman26 said:

The Astros played the Cubs in the World Series?

You're post is not helping dispel the notion that the average TexAgs POW POW Lifelong FPTR fan knows anything about baeball.
Neither is taking 3 edits to post something about baeball
jkag89
Edit smack, really?
TexasAggiesWin
S
jkag89 said:

Edit smack, really?
Wait, dumb smack talk is off limits now?
AgEng06
AG
Lol sorry. Brain fart, but obviously the market of Chicago is what I was pointing out.
Aggies2009
AG
the_batman26 said:

Not "mine", though I certainly like the Rangers more than the cheaters. Just making an "objective observation" as you say.
jkag89
AgEng06 said:

Lol sorry. Brain fart, but obviously the market of Chicago is what I was pointing out.
That is what I figured but when someone places the ball so squarely on a tee i couldn't resist, even if it took me three edits to get the thought out in a legible form.
West Roxbury
Good luck tonight Rangers fans. I will miss Steve Sparks (Astros radio analyst) doing his champagne live reporting this year aka "Sparky getting wet" but it is a fun experience and hope to be back again soon.
agproducer
AG
I'm just here for the edit smack
Marvin
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

The ratings don't stink because of us, they stink because of the diamondbacks. Get over yourselves.

The Diamondbacks are saying that about the Rangers.
And they're also right.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
Congrats rangers fans

Just remember as you're celebrating that you got onto/made fun of us Astros fans for a few things.

1. Bringing up our 2022 title in the 2023 trash talk thread
2. Buying and wearing our WS merchandise everywhere
3. Going to replica ring nights

Now that you guys will have replica ring night and merchandise I'm going to assume you won't be enjoying any of those? Since you made fun of us for it.

Also I look forward to y'all not bringing up the 2023 season once April starts since according to yall "its in the past, only sips bring up past titles"
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Congrats. Rangers have grown from baby brother to just little brother.

In all seriousness; congrats! Well deserved for yall! Enjoy it
tjack16
AG
We really did pull a 2021-2022 Mississippi state/ Ole Miss and 2009/2010 Alabama/Auburn

One team won it, then the other won it the next year
bearkatag15
AG
Hell of a season Rangers.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
tjack16 said:

We really did pull a 2021-2022 Mississippi state/ Ole Miss and 2009/2010 Alabama/Auburn

One team won it, then the other one it the next year

At least they didn't two it
FunkyTownAg
AG
I don't think any rangers fans are even thinking of you guys right now. Irrelevant
bearkatag15
AG
FunkyTownAg said:

I don't think any rangers fans are even thinking of you guys right now. Irrelevant
Some are... enough to monitor and post on the Astros offseason thread while y'all are on the verge of winning your first ever World Series...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
07ag
AG
tjack16 said:

Congrats rangers fans

Just remember as you're celebrating that you got onto/made fun of us Astros fans for a few things.

1. Bringing up our 2022 title in the 2023 trash talk thread
2. Buying and wearing our WS merchandise everywhere
3. Going to replica ring nights

Now that you guys will have replica ring night and merchandise I'm going to assume you won't be enjoying any of those? Since you made fun of us for it.

Also I look forward to y'all not bringing up the 2023 season once April starts since according to yall "its in the past, only sips bring up past titles"

Congratulations Ranger fans!
jkag89
jkag89 said:

AgsWin2011 said:

Stros can have the stupid west. I'd rather get an untainted WS championship.
If it happens I'll tip my cap but the Astros already have an untainted World Series Championship.
Congrats to the Rangers!

rgag12
AG
Wow this champion thing is easy
tjack16
AG
Congrats rangers fans. In all seriousness and through all the jokes/trash talk … enjoy it. Well earned
FriscoKid
AG
512Ag
AG
Congrats, Rangers fans. Getting that first ring is a great feeling. What a special October for your boys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.