***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,605 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
JPN06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gigem1223 said:

Did the Rangers win it all? …no. But they sure as hell had a great run for the better part of a decade.

If you take the Astros two titles away and just count the winning they did between rings, that's still more than the Rangers have done in the entire history of the franchise.
Ag_07
AG
gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

I guess what they say it's true. You can't win the division in July.

And the Astros are 11-14 in their last 25? What's your point?

I thought that was fairly obvious. You're not as good as your start. You're on a downward trend. You just lost a very important 4 game series.

Well no **** Sherlock. The point is the Astros have too. Y'all made up zero ground in a month where the rangers struggled. A lot of those losses are due to them leaving an ungodly amount of runs on the bases. They'll get hot again. Better hope your Astros can keep up.

And you better hope your offense doesn't regress in the second half.

In his world, pitchers never make adjustments on their approach to hitters. Heck, look at Peña for us, MVP of the ALCS and World Series (those are games played after the season Rangerettes) and now he gets a steady diet of sliders that he needs to stop chasing.

Baseball is a game of adjustments, something that Arlington fan will soon learn. Just ask the Yankees after their first half last season.

This kind of talk is why people can't stand Astro fans. You act like the Rangers haven't been there and like y'all are baseball royalty. Did the Rangers win it all? …no. But they sure as hell had a great run for the better part of a decade.

True. No one is debating that.

Your problem is that no one on this current Ranger team has was a part of that run.

So it means absolutely nothing.

Are you that dumb?
Prosperdick
AG
gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

I thought that was fairly obvious. You're not as good as your start. You're on a downward trend. You just lost a very important 4 game series.

Well no **** Sherlock. The point is the Astros have too. Y'all made up zero ground in a month where the rangers struggled. A lot of those losses are due to them leaving an ungodly amount of runs on the bases. They'll get hot again. Better hope your Astros can keep up.

In his world, pitchers never make adjustments on their approach to hitters. Heck, look at Peña for us, MVP of the ALCS and World Series (those are games played after the season Rangerettes) and now he gets a steady diet of sliders that he needs to stop chasing.

Baseball is a game of adjustments, something that Arlington fan will soon learn. Just ask the Yankees after their first half last season.

This kind of talk is why people can't stand Astro fans. You act like the Rangers haven't been there and like y'all are baseball royalty. Did the Rangers win it all? …no. But they sure as hell had a great run for the better part of a decade.

News flash. Hitters adjust too,
News flash...you haven't had a run like we've had in your entire pathetic history. Your posts drip of condescension and puffery.

Enjoy your all-star game...the local sports here in Dallas is all they can talk about...well, and a side note about the game.
Prosperdick
AG
JPN06 said:

gigem1223 said:

Did the Rangers win it all? …no. But they sure as hell had a great run for the better part of a decade.

If you take the Astros two titles away and just count the winning they did between rings, that's still more than the Rangers have done in the entire history of the franchise.
They are so ****ing obtuse it's actually kinda funny....funny in a sad, pathetic way.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

"Hell of a run"

WS
WS
WC
Missed postseason
Missed postseason
DS
DS

We must be royalty if that's what we're being compared to.
Winningest Manager: Ron Washington, 664-611, .521 W-L%

That says it all right there boys and girls.
Jet Black
If you don't win the World Series it isn't a great run.

4 World Series in 6 years and winning 2 of them is great run.
gigem1223
Username definitely checks out. Didn't realize I was being "condescending" Nancy. Was just trying to talk some good natured baseball.

Gonna go enjoy freedom now. Good series. Looking forward to the 2nd half.
Prosperdick
AG
gigem1223 said:

Username definitely checks out. Didn't realize I was being "condescending" Nancy. Was just trying to talk some good natured baseball.

Gonna go enjoy freedom now. Good series. Looking forward to the 2nd half.
I've always been a Dick, that's for sure.

Well we can agree on enjoying freedom, hope you have a fun and safe 4th...seriously.
tjack16
AG
gigem1223 said:

Prosperdick said:

Beat40 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is reality setting in?

3-7 in the last 10.

The 2010-2016 Rangers run was pretty good. Obviously I'm biased towards the Astros and think our 2017-current run is a lot better

I'd compare that Rangers run to the 80s - Early 90s Aggie football teams. Really good, but always a game or two away from true greatness.

That being said…. This current Astros run is a dynasty.
Legal Custodian
AG
Hard to say 1 legit WS win is a dynasty, but yes obviously y'all's run has been much better as of late
RogerFurlong
Gotta win 3 to be a dynasty. 1 isn't even close.
annie88
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Damn, that was one strong big dude. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he was a wee bit drunk.
annie88
AG
Man, I love this Houston/Dallas rivalry/anger fest!
agproducer
AG
RogerFurlong said:

The pearl clutching by Rangers fans is just sad, especially when they celebrated the likes of Canseco and Palmeiro.

The '17 title isn't going anywhere.
Jet Black
Rangers only finished 23 back in 2017. They definitely got robbed.
LarryElder
Astros have 2 World Series
Grapesoda2525
Yes…. You guys were missing Yordan, but you guys also got lucky that Duran was going thru his first slump of the year. He's been hitting the cover off the ball all season, but he didn't get any hits in this series. That won't happen again in the next 2 series with you guys.

Your only reliable pitcher is an obese lard who hurt his ankle on the steps of the dugout. Javier looks really shaky and nobody else is really a stud or reasonably reliable in any way. You guys also don't have the farm assets that other teams want to acquire the kind of help you need.

We have 2 terrible opponents before the all star break to take out our frustrations from this series on. We'll still be in first when the all star break gets here. We'll regroup and be just fine. You guys got us this time, but we'll be back and we'll see what happens in the second half.
Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Yes…. You guys were missing Yordan, but you guys also got lucky that Duran was going thru his first slump of the year. He's been hitting the cover off the ball all season, but he didn't get any hits in this series. That won't happen again in the next 2 series with you guys.

Your only reliable pitcher is an obese lard who hurt his ankle on the steps of the dugout. Javier looks really shaky and nobody else is really a stud or reasonably reliable in any way. You guys also don't have the farm assets that other teams want to acquire the kind of help you need.

We have 2 terrible opponents before the all star break to take out our frustrations from this series on. We'll still be in first when the all star break gets here. We'll regroup and be just fine. You guys got us this time, but we'll be back and we'll see what happens in the second half.

The amount of wishful thinking and hoping in this warms my heart.

I'm going to quote it now for fun bumps later on.
Legal Custodian
AG
Similar to all the wishful thinking by y'all with "a slow starting Abreu, slow starting Altuve, idiot of a Manager…" right?
Grapesoda2525
Farmer1906 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I'll give you a chest bump when we're still in first place at the all star break. Just let me know where to meet.
Farmer1906
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Similar to all the wishful thinking by y'all with "a slow starting Abreu, slow starting Altuve, idiot of a Manager…" right?

Abreu did start slow. Looks back to me.

Altuve didn't start slow. He was just pegged in the WBC. He had a 140 wRC+ heading into today. Semien @ 125 for reference.

Alright. You got me on the manager. But that idiot has more WS than your poverty franchise.

Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I'll give you a chest bump when we're still in first place at the all star break. Just let me know where to meet.

Enjoy leading in July. You have Aug and Sept too. We'll take Oct.
Legal Custodian
AG
But not more WS than our manager?

Not really sure we should be smack talking managers though. We've definitely run out of stuff if we're talking to merits of Dusty vs Bochy
Mathguy64
AG
RogerFurlong said:

6 years

5 Divisions
6 straight ALCS
4 of 6 Pennants
2 of 4 Rings

I'm smelling some resentment.

And yes that first ring counts. Taking 2 of 4 in Dodgerland isn't cheating.

Now Yu tipping his ass off in 2 straight WS trips to the bump may be taking advantage of a mental midget in Roberts but that's not cheating either.
RogerFurlong
2 isn't a dynasty. Name another dynasty with two rings. And yes you only won one. You cheated for the other and it doesn't count.
Marvin
AG
RogerFurlong said:

2 isn't a dynasty. Name another dynasty with two rings. And yes you only won one. You cheated for the other and it doesn't count.

Fill my cup with your resentful and jealous tears.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Prosperdick
AG
Mathguy64 said:

RogerFurlong said:

6 years

5 Divisions
6 straight ALCS
4 of 6 Pennants

2 of 4 Rings

I'm smelling some resentment.

And yes that first ring counts. Taking 2 of 4 in Dodgerland isn't cheating.

Now Yu tipping his ass off in 2 straight WS trips to the bump may be taking advantage of a mental midget in Roberts but that's not cheating either.
The two bolded are supreme domination and if you think 6 straight ALCS appearances and 4 pennants is chickenfeed I think you need to go sit in the corner with the dunce cap.
Bob Lee
AG
RogerFurlong said:

The 1970s Big Red Machine. Can you name another dynasty that's won a series in 6 straight post seasons?
bearkatag15
AG
RogerFurlong said:

Looks like it counts to me

LarryElder
Arttn dfw fatties no one in Houston is obsessed with metroplex sports save me your made up stories about meeting Houston fans at A&M who talked **** to you
Mathguy64
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Not really sure we should be smack talking managers though. We've definitely run out of stuff if we're talking to merits of Dusty vs Bochy
No, you definitely have the smarter manager. No argument there. Dusty is in Buck Showalter territory. Lots of longevity and the baseball IQ that rivals that of the toothpick he chews.
Legal Custodian
AG
Same here too
Beat40
Grapesoda2525 said:

This is a pretty good one. You hope this is just a slump for Duran. Could also be a regression then you gotta hope Heim and Tevaras keep up their career years too and don't regress.

Framber He's more than just reliable. Many Astros fans will agree with you on Javier. Not a clue what's up with him. Who knows if France will keep this up or not, but he's been pretty damn reliable. Brown too. I think most Astro fans would admit to being a little nervous relying on some young arms and how their second half goes. Could all go wrong for sure.

Just take a look a the July schedules for both teams. Plenty of time for you guys to slip right back into 2nd place. This Astros team has gone through so much more adversity than your Ranger team and is hanging around.

I'm looking forward to this second half. I still think there are lots of questions on both sides and I think it's going to be a fun finish.
Harry Dunne
Legal Custodian said:

He wouldn't have quite as many if your Rangers hadn't crapped their pants against him.
Harry Dunne
Bob Lee said:

RogerFurlong said:

The 1970s Big Red Machine. Can you name another dynasty that's won a series in 6 straight post seasons?
Oh they probably don't know that one, but they might be able to name a franchise that has never won 6 postseason series…total.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.