***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,619 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dies Irae said:

FriscoKid said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

It's a marathon remember, not a quarter mile

But, you keep falling further behind.

You guys are down 3 to the marlins

Well luckily for us, we have an offense with a pulse
Dies Irae
gigem1223 said:

Dies Irae said:

FriscoKid said:

Hey I posted the crow eating pic before you did, but yes I am envious of your offense.
gigem1223
Just saw it. You must've posted as I was making my post.
Johnsy3
AG
gigem1223 said:

Dies Irae said:

FriscoKid said:

More importantly, a manager that plays the guys that can actually contribute on offense
Dies Irae
gigem1223 said:

If it makes you feel better I have a vested interest in the Rangers offense continuing to produce
gigem1223
Johnsy3 said:

gigem1223 said:

Dies Irae said:

FriscoKid said:

More importantly, a manager that plays the guys that can actually contribute on offense

Did Altuve, Bregman, Tucker, Chas or Alvarez not play?
Dies Irae
gigem1223 said:

Hey thanks for winning and still costing me $1000
Johnsy3
AG
gigem1223 said:

Johnsy3 said:

gigem1223 said:

Dies Irae said:

FriscoKid said:

Did Altuve, Bregman, Tucker, Chas or Alvarez not play?

You guys have a better offense than us, no doubt. But you gotta admit rolling Maldy out (.551 OPS) constantly over Yainer (.806 OPS, 4th best on the team) is completely asinine. That's like Bochy playing Leon over Heim, or Bubba Thompson over Jankowski. All while batting Robbie Grossman 2nd and Garcia 5th.
Super Aggie 64
AG
Honorary Astro Sleepy Joe

BadAggie
AG
Yep, non champs don't get to visit the White House and whichever politician lives there at the time.
tjack16
AG
Super Aggie 64 said:

Pretty cool to have two different presidents (both the most recent) get World Series champions jerseys from the Astros.
tjack16
AG
Second time in 5 years the World Champion Houston Astros visit the White House
fullback44
AG
tjack16 said:

That kind of ends this thread, drop the mic ..

until you have one of these there really is no talking chit …. Any team can make the playoffs and even win the ALCS .. but it's extremely hard to get one of those much less 2 in 5 years …. If the Astros don't win another for 10 years I'm still happy to be part of these last 6 years or so.
TefIon Don
AG
Astro fans are starting to sound like low IQ Dallas Cowboys fans. Current season doesn't mean ****, only past championships.
agdaddy04
AG
TefIon Don said:

Astro fans are starting to sound like low IQ Dallas Cowboys fans. Current season doesn't mean ****, only past championships.
um, except for the Astros it's literally the previous season.
bearkatag15
AG
agdaddy04 said:

TefIon Don said:

um, except for the Astros it's literally the previous season.

Some might call that the current Champs
fullback44
AG
TefIon Don said:

The lack of baseball mental IQ coming from the Dallas area is beyond belief at this point .. guys you lead a division, big deal, you really have no idea how hard it is to get to the final series and win it.. even winning the ALCS is extremely hard but to win it all is another level. When you have that trophy to present then you have joined the club. Right now it's just a lot of jibber jabber trash talk. I can promise you Baltimore Atlanta and LA are not the slightest worried about this division at this point.

Anyway .. when the trophy is there to hoist up bring it to this post .. you will be in the club.. right now you lead a division, that's it .. a long ways to go.

I don't see the Astros doing that well if they make the POS this year, we are missing our top 2 pitchers, it's just too hard in the playoffs to do that with the lower end guys we have. Sure we have a few top pitchers but that's not going to cut it .. you better have 3-4 top guys to win all those playoff games.

I have no issues with you guys winning the trophy .. it won't bother me one bit.. we have our recent 2, I'm good. But let's see the goods on the table.. it's really that simple
jkag89
TefIon Don said:

Huge difference between being the defending champion and a team that hasn't won anything but a handful of division titles over a span of 25+ seasons.
tjack16
AG
TefIon Don said:

So if y'all win the World Series this year, that means the 2024 trash talk thread will have no mention of it from rangers fans? Got it
TefIon Don
AG
100%. Glad to see you catch on quick
gigem1223
fullback44 said:

TefIon Don said:

The lack of baseball mental IQ coming from the Dallas area is beyond belief at this point .. guys you lead a division, big deal, you really have no idea how hard it is to get to the final series and win it.. even winning the ALCS is extremely hard but to win it all is another level. When you have that trophy to present then you have joined the club. Right now it's just a lot of jibber jabber trash talk. I can promise you Baltimore Atlanta and LA are not the slightest worried about this division at this point.

Anyway .. when the trophy is there to hoist up bring it to this post .. you will be in the club.. right now you lead a division, that's it .. a long ways to go.

I don't see the Astros doing that well if they make the POS this year, we are missing our top 2 pitchers, it's just too hard in the playoffs to do that with the lower end guys we have. Sure we have a few top pitchers but that's not going to cut it .. you better have 3-4 top guys to win all those playoff games.

I have no issues with you guys winning the trophy .. it won't bother me one bit.. we have our recent 2, I'm good. But let's see the goods on the table.. it's really that simple

I think Rangers fans know a little something about how hard it is to bring the trophy home. This kind of arrogance is why your fanbase is hated. Have the Astros had a good run the past 6 years? Absolutely. You won't see a Ranger's fan argue that. But quit acting like you're baseball royalty. It wasn't even a decade ago that you were one of the worst franchises in baseball.
TefIon Don
AG
fullback44 said:

tjack16 said:

until you have one of these there really is no talking chit …. Any team can make the playoffs and even win the ALCS .. but it's extremely hard to get one of those much less 2 in 5 years …. If the Astros don't win another for 10 years I'm still happy to be part of these last 6 years or so.

Just coming back to how cringe this post is. "Until you've won a championship you can't talk ****"…..good lord you sound like such a loser.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Uhhh Astros fan here, and I'll be the first to say we are not royalty. Being tied at 15th for amount of World Series Championships does not at all qualify for royalty. If we were sitting around the number 8 with Giants then I'd say we were onto something.
tjack16
AG
What's the point of being a fan if you can't celebrate championships your franchise has won?
I guess I'm confused on how rangers fans think Astros fans shouldn't bring up titles (especially when we won literally 9 months ago). If y'all had 2 (one being last season) and we didn't have any, I know 100% y'all would be bragging about them in this thread. It's what rival fanbases do.

Also comparing it to cowboys fans who haven't won since 1995 is like saying "Georgia fans are like Nebraska fans talking about titles they've won in the past"

I'm turning 30 in September and the cowboys last title happened when I was a toddler. That's a little different than Astros fans talking about 2 titles that have happened within the last 6 years
TefIon Don
AG
Lol, yawn.
htxag09
AG
Not going to deny the arrogance of that post. Hell, I have the user ignored and didn't see the post until you quoted it.

But, sorry, Rangers fans saying we're living in the past and can't talk about being 2022 World Series champs is dumber than anything he posted. Like having a slim lead in the division in early August is a bigger accomplishment than being defending champs.....
gigem1223
tjack16 said:

What's the point of being a fan if you can't celebrate championships your franchise has won?
I guess I'm confused on how rangers fans think Astros fans shouldn't bring up titles (especially when we won literally 9 months ago). If y'all had 2 (one being last season) and we didn't have any, I know 100% y'all would be bragging about them in this thread. It's what rival fanbases do.

Also comparing it to cowboys fans who haven't won since 1995 is like saying "Georgia fans are like Nebraska fans talking about titles they've won in the past"

I'm turning 30 in September and the cowboys last title happened when I was a toddler. That's a little different than Astros fans talking about 2 titles that have happened within the last 6 years

You completely missed the point of my post. Don't have a problem with y'all bringing up titles at all.
07ag
AG
TefIon Don said:

Dallas fans are insulting Houston fans by comparing them to,,, Dallas fans?
https://ts.la/eric59704
TefIon Don
AG
Reading comprehension not your strong suit I guess.
BadAggie
AG
TefIon Don said:

Low IQ Rangers fans are the worst.

BadAggie
AG
07ag said:

TefIon Don said:

Dallas fans are insulting Houston fans by comparing them to,,, Dallas fans?

Lol
CampingAg
AG
Super Aggie 64 said:

All of a sudden I don't want the Rangers to win the World Series anymore.
fullback44
AG
TefIon Don said:

fullback44 said:

tjack16 said:

Just coming back to how cringe this post is. "Until you've won a championship you can't talk ****"…..good lord you sound like such a loser.

You guys talk a lot of smack for not winning crap … you really don't know what it takes
Marvin
AG
fullback44 said:

TefIon Don said:

fullback44 said:

tjack16 said:

You guys talk a lot of smack for not winning crap … you really don't know what it takes

You know what defines "not winning crap" as a franchise? Being the oldest team without a WS title- 62 years and counting.

Here's another stat- the Rangerettes would need to go on a winning streak until after the 2025 All-Star break just to be a .500 club.

That's the definition of not winning crap. Heck, I'm embarrassed for them after seeing these numbers.

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
BadAggie
AG
Strange how winning the latest World Series less than a year ago is 'bringing up the past'

Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.