***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

295,672 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Evan Carter was a spark for the Rangers. He seemed to come up big for you guys game after game. It will be interesting to follow his career.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

The Porkchop Express said:

LeagueCityAg said:

FriscoKid said:

bearkatag15 said:

NFL trash talk when you just won the World Series? Only Arlington fans...

I like the effort. It's cute that you want to flex your **** while we are literally celebrating. Good job.
He's just sad that the worst sports franchise in the state is from Houston.
The Cowboys are moving to Houston?
Ugh
Imagine trying to argue that the Texans are a better franchise than the Cowboys. Even with the Cowboys disappointments, the Texans haven't come close to any success. Just Houston things I guess.

0 Super Bowls, 0 conference championships.
RIght, the exact same number as the Cowboys from 2002- now.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
agproducer said:

Evan Carter was a spark for the Rangers. He seemed to come up big for you guys game after game. It will be interesting to follow his career.

He set the postseason record for doubles and was the 2nd youngest player to hit in the 3 spot in the WS. The only person younger was Mickey Mantle. Joe DiMaggio was older by just a little bit.

Now that's not to say he's the next Mickey Mantle or Joe DiMaggio but that is some rare air.

He also reached safely in every game of the post season.
3B Paul 97
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

agproducer said:

He set the postseason record for doubles and was the 2nd youngest player to hit in the 3 spot in the WS. The only person younger was Mickey Mantle. Joe DiMaggio was older by just a little bit.

Now that's not to say he's the next Mickey Mantle or Joe DiMaggio but that is some rare air.

He also reached safely in every game of the post season.

I thought he was going to beat out any grounder to the left side.
Aggies2009
AG
Lmao you don't get to just arbitrarily start counting **** however you want. If that's the case, the rockets have won nothing since 96 and the Astros have won nothing since 2022. In the time since those, the Mavs have won a title and so have the Rangers.

Gee, that was easy.
jkag89
You do realize he was only pointing out that the Cowboys have been essentially as crappy as the Texans during the period in which that franchise has been in existence, don't you? If you are a Cowboy fan that should anger you that once a lauded franchise has fallen.
LeagueCityAg
AG
jkag89 said:

You do realize he was only pointing out that the Cowboys have been essentially as crappy as the Texans during the period in which that franchise has been in existence, don't you? If you are a Cowboy fan that should anger you that once a lauded franchise has fallen.
If anything it makes the Texans look worse. Even during the Cowboys drought, the Texans still find a way to be an even bigger joke. The NFL in Houston is a legacy of failure.

2 franchises, 0 Super Bowls, 0 Conference Championships.
DANManman
AG
Hope things turn around while Hank Hill's still with us!
Jesus saves
LeagueCityAg
AG
It'll be alright Houston fans. Sure, the only relevant team in town lost to the World Champion Rangers, but at least you can enjoy the Texans and Rockets now!
Aggies2009
AG
jkag89 said:

Ish? Add in the decades the Oilers existed too lmao
fc2112
tjack16
AG
That's odd… the official MLB website and baseball reference have the Astros as 2017 champs

So "nobody outside of Houston recognizes your title"… well Major League Baseball does.

M.C. Swag
AG
That's why you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet
fc2112
tjack16
AG
MLB.com and baseball reference >> Fan Twitter pages

We learned about reliable sources in school
Grapesoda2525
Most fans outside Houston either say 1.5 titles or 2 with a massive asterisk.
tjack16
AG
fc2112 said:

You should do your research on the "buzzer" theory that has since been proven FALSE by many many respectable MLB sources and investigators.

But hey … if you'd rather trash the Astros than enjoy your first world title, that's fine.

tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Most fans outside Houston either say 1.5 titles or 2 with a massive asterisk.

I'm fine with that. But if we retroactively go throughout history and "take away" titles based on cheating in any sport… there wouldn't be very many champions left. PED users all over many teams in the 1990-2000s, other teams likely stealing signs in the 2010s (maybe not to the Astros extent but still cheating aka 2018 Red Sox), Dodgers won a 60 game season.

Also in football, patriots have a few from spygate and deflategate. Also not to mention how many guys in super bowls were likely PED users.

College football illegal recruiting has been going on since who knows when. So how many champions would that remove..

I hate that the Astros cheated, it sucks.. but the amount of joy you rangers fans are feeling now is how much we felt in 2017. So you can understand why we still claim it whole heartedly.

Alright off my soap box.
Wabs
AG
fc2112 said:

Team wins WS and he STILL cannot get the Astros out of his head. Gotta feel for the guy in a way.

LeagueCityAg
AG
Regina George as the Astros is very very fitting.
M.C. Swag
AG
Astros fans: "Congrats, but still 2-1"

Rangers fans: "Ya but you cheated for 1"

Astros fans: "Omg why r u so obsessed"
The Porkchop Express
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Lmao you don't get to just arbitrarily start counting **** however you want. If that's the case, the rockets have won nothing since 96 and the Astros have won nothing since 2022. In the time since those, the Mavs have won a title and so have the Rangers.

Gee, that was easy.
This is all the trash talking I'll need for the rest of my life when it comes to the Cowgirls.

What kind of loser ****ing franchise loses to an expansion team in its first game?
jkag89
Aggies2009 said:

jkag89 said:

Ish? Add in the decades the Oilers existed too lmao
I was neither an Oiler fan nor am I now a Texans fan but a Cowboy fan that realizes that the they have been at best a slightly better version of the Texans for 25+ seasons. IMO, that is nothing to beat one's chest about especially on a baseball trash talkin' thread.
Texas A&M
Congrats on the title.... but did it really happen if no one saw it?

'World Series was least-watched Fall Classic in TV history'
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38804549/world-series-was-least-watched-fall-classic-tv-history
M.C. Swag
AG
Oh **** I didn't realize they hang viewership banners
LeagueCityAg
AG

Aggies2009 said:

Gee, that was easy.
This is all the trash talking I'll need for the rest of my life when it comes to the Cowgirls.

What kind of loser ****ing franchise loses to an expansion team in its first game?
Hang the banner, this is the only thing the Texans have accomplished.
LeagueCityAg
AG
"The worst thing he did was wake up the Houston Astros"

South Platte

Aggies2009 said:

Gee, that was easy.

The Texans will always be an expansion team. Literally every part of the franchise still reeks of expansion. Worst overall winning % in the NFL, most #1 draft picks since the franchise was awarded.

The McNair's should be thankful that 32 is the perfect number for even divisions otherwise the NFL would eliminate it through contraction. This franchise shouldn't exist. Houston should never have let the Oilers leave town. Even with the losing, that was a legit franchise and even had some national appeal.
AustinCountyAg
can we please STFU about the Texans and Cowboys. If that is the best **** talking you can do on a BASEBALL board please excuse yourself.
GrapevineAg
AG
Astros fans:
adamhdonnell
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

jkag89 said:

If anything it makes the Texans look worse. Even during the Cowboys drought, the Texans still find a way to be an even bigger joke. The NFL in Houston is a legacy of failure.

2 franchises, 0 Super Bowls, 0 Conference Championships.

They had a big lead in a championship game once. Does that count?

Dammit, that was a WC game.
Aggies2009
AG
Mattress Mack crying Jordan sent me
agent-maroon
AG
Yes, but only in the asterisk column of the record alongside their other championships
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Frok
AG
Making fun of the Texans is pretty low hanging fruit. Us Texans fans make fun of them all the time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.