***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,602 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope Ranger fans enjoy the postseason, not as much as Astros fans but I do hope it is a fun ride for them.
West Roxbury
Baseball is way too long of a season for me to jump into trash talk. Next day's starting pitcher will humble you quickly. It's a brutally long and sometimes unforgiving season.

I enjoy baseball rivalries but the games are so based on single, 1:1 matchups between pitcher and batter with some random results at times. I like following my team (Houston) and enjoy when the Yankees lose because they get so much run in the media etc.

Both of my sons play collegiate baseball and I know the ups and downs. It's October so have a fun ride!
Florida Aggie
AG
Anyone know what channel the Astros Wild Card game is on I can't seem to locate it.
BMX Bandit
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Not trash here... But I personally hope the Rangers get past the Rays and Orioles. Stros vs Rangers for the ALCS would be awesome.

This.
BMX Bandit
CLASSLESS Dallas morning news

BadAggie
AG
Lol it's funny how this is a thing.

It was a premature celebration and they're gonna be mocked for it.

BadAggie
AG
Florida Aggie said:

Anyone know what channel the Astros Wild Card game is on I can't seem to locate it.

I was assured the Astros would be at home watching the Rangers in the playoffs and it turns out that's what happened.

Harry Dunne

Not trash here... But I personally hope the Rangers get past the Rays and Orioles. Stros vs Rangers for the ALCS would be awesome.
100%. It would be epic.

Far be it from me to tell someone how to enjoy a rivalry, but IMO playing your rival on the biggest stage possible is the most fun experience as a fan. And if that never happens then it's not really a rivalry, is it?
South Platte
Harry Dunne said:

100%. It would be epic.

Far be it from me to tell someone how to enjoy a rivalry, but IMO playing your rival on the biggest stage possible is the most fun experience as a fan. And if that never happens then it's not really a rivalry, is it?
Yeah, diarrhea for an entire week sounds like tons of fun.
BMX Bandit
The bright side is no ALCS games on a Saturday.
agproducer
AG
Astros and Rangers both better take care of business. An ALCS matchup would be epic.

Even with all the **** talking -- I genuinely hope our Aggie Rangers fans get to enjoy this trip to the postseason,
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

Harry Dunne said:

100%. It would be epic.

Speaking of diarrhea, I was just reading some of the early morning comments on the Rangers thread. Haha, mostly kidding, even though you called us "trash" in your own post.

What is your prediction for this WC series? I think the Rangers can do some damage at the plate, but they better do it early. I suspect you need at least 7 innings from you starters. That's an obvious recipe for most teams to win a game, but it seems the only path for Texas in my opinion. Jump ahead early and hang the hell on.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
agproducer said:

Astros and Rangers both better take care of business. An ALCS matchup would be epic.

Even with all the **** talking -- I genuinely hope our Aggie Rangers fans get to enjoy this trip to the postseason,

It'd be awesome. To think we were both in driver's seat in our respective divisional rounds in 2015 and both ultimately blew it.
South Platte
Marvin said:

South Platte said:

Harry Dunne said:

100%. It would be epic.

Speaking of diarrhea, I was just reading some of the early morning comments on the Rangers thread. Haha, mostly kidding, even though you called us "trash" in your own post.

What is your prediction for this WC series? I think the Rangers can do some damage at the plate, but they better do it early. I suspect you need at least 7 innings from you starters. That's an obvious recipe for most teams to win a game, but it seems the only path for Texas in my opinion. Jump ahead early and hang the hell on.

I can't find the perfect adjective to describe the Houston Astros fanbase, but it's unfavorable. I'm not going to get into a back and forth on this. My college and pro teams have had a ton of successful recently and I've never felt the need to spew hate toward other fans. I've usually been pretty thankful for the good times after suffering through some lean years.

I'm not going to predict Rays-Rangers. We're barely fielding a healthy starting rotation as this point, and Eovalid isn't close to 100%. I'll say that strange things happen in baseball.
Marvin
AG
South Platte said:

Marvin said:

South Platte said:

Harry Dunne said:

100%. It would be epic.

I can't find the perfect adjective to describe the Houston Astros fanbase, but it's unfavorable. I'm not going to get into a back and forth on this. My college and pro teams have had a ton of successful recently and I've never felt the need to spew hate toward other fans. I've usually been pretty thankful for the good times after suffering through some lean years.

I'm not going to predict Rays-Rangers. We're barely fielding a healthy starting rotation as this point, and Eovalid isn't close to 100%. I'll say that strange things happen in baseball.

You don't spew hate of your own? Ok, gotcha.

Good luck this afternoon.

Marvin
AG
Hmmm, take advantage of early opportunities, build a lead, and have the starter go at least seven.

Somebody smart, incredibly handsome, and downright likable laid out that happy path earlier today…
CrawlingNo5
AG
Rangers have already won a postseason game, no big deal.
BadAggie
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

Farmer1906
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

Just 1 more and you can match the buy daddy earned.
Project Gemini
AG
Most 2023 Playoff Games Won by 5PM on Oct 3, 2023

Will that fit on a banner?
jkag89
CrawlingNo5 said:

Good thing, you certainly did not want to extend the six game postseason losing streak coming into the game. More so since the Twins have an early lead and might end their 18 game streak.
Florida Aggie
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

Once again be careful it's the hope that kills you.
Project Gemini
AG
Astros players are sitting on their couches today watching the postseason, just like you guys predicted
jkag89
CrawlingNo5 said:

While it is always nice to get the first one under your belt, it is more important to get the last W of the postseason.
Florida Aggie
AG
The Rangers can already smell the liquor coming from the clubhouse
Marvin
AG
Come on, that was a good win. Rangers hit the ball hard and took advantage of mistakes. Montgomery was fantastic. That was a good win, and likely their recipe for success throughout the playoffs.

We'll see if Tampa cleans it up tomorrow. They were awful.
West Roxbury
That was a big win. Congrats.
XXXVII
Nm
fullback44
AG
West Roxbury said:

That was a big win. Congrats.
Nice win for the Rangers …
Florida Aggie
AG
MLB playoffs start Saturday.
Good luck to everyone still trying to get in.
Furlock Bones
AG
Props to the Rangers squad. They have gone into the Trop and taken to the Rays so far.
South Platte
Furlock Bones said:

Props to the Rangers squad. They have gone into the Trop and taken to the Rays so far.
Ha! Take that jinx, and pound it up your ________

Furlock Bones
AG
haha.
Florida Aggie
AG
Rangers Fans

Welcome to the post season
LarryDavid
Will the rangers hold a ticker tape parade in Arlington for the WC win? ill hang up and listnen

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.