***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,636 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
htxag09 said:

The Shank Ag said:

I haven't contributed to this thread much, other than saying I have the utmost respect for what the Astros have been able to do the past 7 years though I wasn't going to "bend the knee". i.e. You have to beat the best to be the best.

The one thing I don't get. Why "Arlington" all the time. While the western part of DFW (mainly Ft Worth) don't claim dallas, nobody hates on Arlington up here. Yes our name is the Texas Rangers. The Astros were a team first, if they wanted to stake claim to the Texas name, they had the opportunity to do so.

If you want to call us That Team Up North, or even the DFW Rangers, I could see that iliciting a negative reaction. Calling them the Arlington does nothing. It's like how sip fans calling us A-g-g-y thinking it's an upsetting remark does nothing.
First, I don't call you the "Arlington" Rangers. But it's simply a play on where you are located. You aren't the Texas Rangers, aren't even the Dallas or Fort Worth, but Arlington.

Not saying it's funny, but that's why.

Second, the sip A-g-g-y thing is a perfect example. But don't act like Rangers don't do it either.....off the top of my head....Asstros, Asterisks, Trashtros....None of those are clever, funny, witty, etc.
Other than the Asterisks, I have seen Astro fans on this board use the same terms from like 2007-2014, and will include the DissAstros.

Honestly was more curious than anything. I don't see anyone calling the Cowboys the Arlington Cowboys. Or calling the Giants the New Jersey Giants. Or calling the Yankees the Bronx Yankees. Just seems really odd and an attempt at a dig that isn't there
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
htxag09 said:

The Shank Ag said:

I haven't contributed to this thread much, other than saying I have the utmost respect for what the Astros have been able to do the past 7 years though I wasn't going to "bend the knee". i.e. You have to beat the best to be the best.

The one thing I don't get. Why "Arlington" all the time. While the western part of DFW (mainly Ft Worth) don't claim dallas, nobody hates on Arlington up here. Yes our name is the Texas Rangers. The Astros were a team first, if they wanted to stake claim to the Texas name, they had the opportunity to do so.

If you want to call us That Team Up North, or even the DFW Rangers, I could see that iliciting a negative reaction. Calling them the Arlington does nothing. It's like how sip fans calling us A-g-g-y thinking it's an upsetting remark does nothing.
First, I don't call you the "Arlington" Rangers. But it's simply a play on where you are located. You aren't the Texas Rangers, aren't even the Dallas or Fort Worth, but Arlington.

Second, the sip A-g-g-y thing is a perfect example. But don't act like Rangers don't do it either.....off the top of my head....Asstros, Asterisks, Trashtros....None of those are clever, funny, witty, etc.

Actually, we ARE in fact the TEXAS Rangers. We ARE in TEXAS. Do you call the Diamondbacks the Phoenix Diamondbacks? Many teams don't actually play in the city they are named for. the Rangers are named for TEXAS, we could play in any city in TEXAS and it would still work. San Antonio? Yep. Dallas? Yep. Houston? Sure enough.

Double Talkin' Jive...
PlaneCrashGuy
htxag09
AG
Sigh....why do Aggies make a big deal about not calling UT the University of Texas? Not hard to grasp....
Breggy Popup
AG
The Shank Ag said:

htxag09 said:

The Shank Ag said:

Other than the Asterisks, I have seen Astro fans on this board use the same terms from like 2007-2014, and will include the DissAstros.

Honestly was more curious than anything. I don't see anyone calling the Cowboys the Arlington Cowboys. Or calling the Giants the New Jersey Giants. Or calling the Yankees the Bronx Yankees. Just seems really odd and an attempt at a dig that isn't there

The Cowboys, Giants and Yankees all have something in common that the Rangers don't. They have all won something. Several somethings.
The Porkchop Express
The Shank Ag said:

htxag09 said:

The Shank Ag said:

I h

I've called them the Arlington Cowboys every since they stopped being the IrvingCowboys.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
htxag09 said:

Sigh....why do Aggies make a big deal about not calling UT the University of Texas? Not hard to grasp....

Well because UT is the University of Tennessee. Duh.

We called ourselves the Texas Aggies for many years, not the Texas A&M Aggies as we have been rebranded. The Rangers don't call themselves "The Texas Baseball Team", but they are the Texas Rangers, named for a venerated law enforcement agency with a storied history. At least they aren't the Dallas Rangers or Ft Worth Rangers playing in Arlington.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Bigballin
AG
Okay, so they're the Arlington "Texas Rangers". Got it.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
There no game threads for these games?
Farmer1906
AG
Each year long thread is basically a game thread.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AgsWin2011
AG
(Waiting on Astros fans to come on and talk trash to piss off the baseball Gods)

Anyone?

Crickets….
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

I had that poster.
Eso si, Que es
Great catch Taveras, postseason baseball is the best time of year.
AgsWin2011
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Agreed but my God how did Yordan even hit it that far. The dude is a freakin beast.

Funny how the longer this series goes on I feel like each team is actually gaining more and more respect for each other.
Wabs
AG
LOL. Even with that horrible plate blue. Oh and 1B blue who missed an OBVIOUS swing in the 9th. LOL,
Ciboag96
We ain't dead yet!
jr15aggie
AG
Rangers feeling nervous yet? Because you should!
jkag89
Grapesoda2525 said:

Maldy hits 3 home runs tonight and dusty sets a world record for most toothpicks used over the span of 3 hours.
Thanks Grape! Butter Knife did not hit three bombs but his key hits were the difference in this one.
Harry Dunne
AgsWin2011 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Agreed but my God how did Yordan even hit it that far. The dude is a freakin beast.

Funny how the longer this series goes on I feel like each team is actually gaining more and more respect for each other.
XXXVII
The Astros have been here MANY times and know what to do to come back and win a series. Lack of experience in the post season is why the rangers will crash and burn from here on out.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
AgsWin2011
AG
Wabs said:

LOL. Even with that horrible plate blue. Oh and 1B blue who missed an OBVIOUS swing in the 9th. LOL,

And you guys didn't get any calls at home? How about that foul tip that wasn't caught and called for strike 3? Houston got more than the benefit of the doubt on ALL the calls the first two games.

Good to see you guys could finally hit some damaged arms tonight.
Wabs
AG
XXXVII said:

The Astros have been here MANY times and know what to do to come back and win a series. Lack of experience in the post season is why the rangers will crash and burn from here on out.

Oh, I thought the Astros only win when they "hack the pitch com". LOL.
AustinCountyAg
Good to see your guys get a hit finally in the fifth inning
FriscoKid
AG
jr15aggie said:

The only thing I'm nervous about is the gold chain open jersey trash look for the sport. At least wear a sport uniform properly when you take the field.
kb2001
AG
FriscoKid said:

jr15aggie said:

The only thing I'm nervous about is the gold chain open jersey trash look for the sport. At least wear a sport uniform properly when you take the field.
Maybe a bunch of plastic bead necklaces like middle-schoolers? Or is that not the cool thing for rangers anymore?
jkag89
kb2001 said:

FriscoKid said:

jr15aggie said:

Maybe a bunch of plastic bead necklaces like middle-schoolers? Or is that not the cool thing for rangers anymore?
C'mon those things were so fleek.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Could the Rangers choke?
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
agproducer
AG
Stop trying to make "fleek" a thing.
Silent For Too Long
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Could the Rangers choke?

2011 called and said, yes. Yes they are quite capable of such feats of ineptitude.
Farmer1906
AG
Rangers got a ton of help last night.

AgsWin2011
AG
So trying to make up from game 1 and 2? Rangers beat the Astros and the umpires the first two games. Our dead arms lost us game 3.
South Platte
XXXVII said:

Or it could be that both teams are flawed, prone to hot and cold extremes, and Houston can play really, really good baseball.

The difference in bullpen strength showed the past 2 games. Houston's was able to hold Texas in Game 2 and you almost came back. Texas' bullpen couldn't hold Houston in Game 3 and we couldn't come back. It could be the deciding difference.
Silent For Too Long
AgsWin2011 said:

So trying to make up from game 1 and 2? Rangers beat the Astros and the umpires the first two games. Our dead arms lost us game 3.

Proof?
htxag09
AG
Ump scorecards back his statement.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.