***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

258,009 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
JohnnyTexAg1995
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gigem1223 said:

tjack16 said:

gigem1223 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Its a bad day to be an Astros fan
never a bad day to be an Astro friend. Maybe all you new rangers fans this year won't understand, but we ride and die with our team. It's been up and down all year, no need to get upset now!

This is rich considering most your fanbase started following baseball in 2017. Numbers don't lie.

That happens with pretty much any sports team that wins a title. The amount of rangers fans will dramatically increase if y'all win it this year. Just like all of a sudden there are a lot more chiefs and warriors fans in America.

While true, numbers still don't lie. The rangers attendance numbers have been in the top half of the league over the last decade. That's with 100 loss seasons. Meanwhile, the Astros attendance numbers were Oakland-esque before 2017.
I do t think your data is accurate on rangers attendance…
Muy
AG
Give me the area around Globe Life and AT&T stadium over the area around MMP everyday.
Silent For Too Long
Omg it's Muy.

Fair weather fanning onto the thread up 2 to 0 in the ALCS.

You are the poster child of your fanbase, friend.
The Porkchop Express
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

gigem1223 said:

tjack16 said:

gigem1223 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

never a bad day to be an Astro friend. Maybe all you new rangers fans this year won't understand, but we ride and die with our team. It's been up and down all year, no need to get upset now!

This is rich considering most your fanbase started following baseball in 2017. Numbers don't lie.

That happens with pretty much any sports team that wins a title. The amount of rangers fans will dramatically increase if y'all win it this year. Just like all of a sudden there are a lot more chiefs and warriors fans in America.

While true, numbers still don't lie. The rangers attendance numbers have been in the top half of the league over the last decade. That's with 100 loss seasons. Meanwhile, the Astros attendance numbers were Oakland-esque before 2017.
I do t think your data is accurate on rangers attendance…
Rangers have been in the top half of average attendance at home 6 times in the past 10 years, excluding 2020.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Barnyard96
AG
Ranger fan wants this so bad. How hard you boy's gripping?
jkag89
Barnyard96 said:

Ranger fan wants this so bad. How hard you boy's gripping?
I assume they are a lot less anxious than us 'Stros fans. Hopefully that will change.
Eso si, Que es
gigem1223 said:

tjack16 said:

gigem1223 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Did y'all hang the banner "top half of league in attendance for 8 years straight (except that one year)"

I am happy we are having a lone stars matchup, this is so much more fun than listening to Yankee broadcasters lament Yankee suckage. But this is really pathetic argument. Yes, the Astros had 3 bad years of attendance, but averaging 25,000 attendance is not banner worthy. My child finished in the top half of his class (in attendance) is not a bumper sticker I would ever consider putting on my car or on a message board.
Barnyard96
AG
Why anxious? Stros pull this off and Ranger will be on suicide watch: if not, oh well we sitting on a dynasty run. Its baseball.
gigem1223
Eso si, Que es said:

gigem1223 said:

tjack16 said:

gigem1223 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Did y'all hang the banner "top half of league in attendance for 8 years straight (except that one year)"

I am happy we are having a lone stars matchup, this is so much more fun than listening to Yankee broadcasters lament Yankee suckage. But this is really pathetic argument. Yes, the Astros had 3 bad years of attendance, but averaging 25,000 attendance is not banner worthy. My child finished in the top half of his class (in attendance) is not a bumper sticker I would ever consider putting on my car or on a message board.

Context. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of Astro fan calling out "new rangers fan".
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

gigem1223 said:

tjack16 said:

gigem1223 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Context. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of Astro fan calling out "new rangers fan".

You absolutely have a bunch of New Ranger fans right now.

I literally had a fan ask to buy to Altuve jersey off my back in Arlington we beat y'all so badly. There's video of a guy in an IKF tshirt putting a Greinke one over it mid game from a few years ago.

Everyone has fair weather fans. Attendance is always highest when things are going well or expected to go well. There are a lot of people in Texas that jump back and forth. Texas is not special. Neither is Houston.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Eso si, Que es said:

gigem1223 said:

tjack16 said:

gigem1223 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

You absolutely have a bunch of New Ranger fans right now.

I literally had a fan ask to buy to Altuve jersey off my back in Arlington we beat y'all so badly. There's video of a guy in an IKF tshirt putting a Greinke one over it mid game from a few years ago.

Everyone has fair weather fans. Attendance is always highest when things are going well or expected to go well. There are a lot of people in Texas that jump back and forth. Texas is not special. Neither is Houston.

I'm not denying that. My post was calling out the hypocrisy of the claim by the Astro fan…..
Barnyard96
AG
I would defiantly hang my hat on attendance in down years.
South Platte
Good gosh, this off-day smack is absolutely bottom of the barrel. This is a 7th grade lunch table.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Reminder to not to confuse the rest of America cheering "against Houston" as an influx of new Rangers fans.

When Houston loses, America wins.
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
jkag89
Barnyard96 said:

Why anxious? Stros pull this off and Ranger will be on suicide watch: if not, oh well we sitting on a dynasty run. Its baseball.
Postseason baseball always makes me anxious, I'd feel a lot less so if we were up 2-0 or even 1-1. You would think that these deep runs of late would make things easier but it has not. It was almost better on my nervous system when the Braves very quickly dashed our hopes in the late '90s and early '00s. Anyhow, I agree if the Astros fail to comeback it does not mean our window is closed and I have at least a few of postseasons of apprehension ahead of me especially with the new expanded MLB postseason.
agproducer
AG
South Platte said:

Good gosh, this off-day smack is absolutely bottom of the barrel. This is a 7th grade lunch table.
I'm just waiting for the "Yo momma" jokes to start.
agent-maroon
AG
agproducer said:

South Platte said:

I know you are so what am I?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jerry-Ag
Jerry is back, fellas. Bad news for Astro fans.
Get back or get Jerry’d
Barnyard96
AG
agproducer said:

South Platte said:

Yo momma is so fat, it takes her two trips to haul ass
South Platte
Jerry-Ag said:

I feel like I should know who you are. But I don't know who you are.

jkag89

tjack16
AG
2022 postseason: Astros started 7-0

2023 postseason: Rangers started 7-0

Bias aside … that's pretty impressive back to back years for the state of Texas
Farmer1906
AG
I love this map.

The Astros are Texas's team.

The rest hate us cause they anus.
Legal Custodian
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I love this map.

The Astros are Texas's team.

The rest hate us cause they anus.
Don't forget about Louisiana, which let's be honest Houston has more in common with Louisiana than Texas
Bigballin
AG
More in common with Louisiana as with Arlington more in common with Oklahoma.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Using this logic, the Cowboys are Texas's team
Panama Red
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Using this logic, the Cowboys are Texas's team
They are.

And America's Team.

And Mexico's Team.
Carlo4
AG
tjack16 said:

2022 postseason: Astros started 7-0

2023 postseason: Rangers started 7-0

Bias aside … that's pretty impressive back to back years for the state of Texas

Can't help but think of Star Wars killer George Lucas

Jerry-Ag
South Platte said:

Jerry-Ag said:

I feel like I should know who you are. But I don't know who you are.

That's even worse news for you then, buttcheese.
Get back or get Jerry’d
Jerry-Ag
jkag89 said:

Looks like astro fans after the first (1st) inning of game two (2). Looking like fat boy on the mound with his head cut off.
Get back or get Jerry’d
Farmer1906
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Nice fan base Houston.

Nice fan base Arlington.

The Shank Ag
I haven't contributed to this thread much, other than saying I have the utmost respect for what the Astros have been able to do the past 7 years though I wasn't going to "bend the knee". i.e. You have to beat the best to be the best.

The one thing I don't get. Why "Arlington" all the time. While the western part of DFW (mainly Ft Worth) don't claim dallas, nobody hates on Arlington up here. Yes our name is the Texas Rangers. The Astros were a team first, if they wanted to stake claim to the Texas name, they had the opportunity to do so.

If you want to call us That Team Up North, or even the DFW Rangers, I could see that iliciting a negative reaction. Calling them the Arlington does nothing. It's like how sip fans calling us A-g-g-y thinking it's an upsetting remark does nothing.
Jerry-Ag
Farmer1906 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Nice fan base Houston.

Nice fan base Arlington.

That's current 2-0 ALCS leader to you, little man. You must like getting Jerry'd huh?
Get back or get Jerry’d
htxag09
AG
The Shank Ag said:

I haven't contributed to this thread much, other than saying I have the utmost respect for what the Astros have been able to do the past 7 years though I wasn't going to "bend the knee". i.e. You have to beat the best to be the best.

The one thing I don't get. Why "Arlington" all the time. While the western part of DFW (mainly Ft Worth) don't claim dallas, nobody hates on Arlington up here. Yes our name is the Texas Rangers. The Astros were a team first, if they wanted to stake claim to the Texas name, they had the opportunity to do so.

If you want to call us That Team Up North, or even the DFW Rangers, I could see that iliciting a negative reaction. Calling them the Arlington does nothing. It's like how sip fans calling us A-g-g-y thinking it's an upsetting remark does nothing.
First, I don't call you the "Arlington" Rangers. But it's simply a play on where you are located. You aren't the Texas Rangers, aren't even the Dallas or Fort Worth, but Arlington.

Not saying it's funny, but that's why.

Second, the sip A-g-g-y thing is a perfect example. But don't act like Rangers don't do it either.....off the top of my head....Asstros, Asterisks, Trashtros....None of those are clever, funny, witty, etc.
Grapesoda2525
Maldy hits 3 home runs tonight and dusty sets a world record for most toothpicks used over the span of 3 hours.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.