***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,631 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
JWinTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Houston, I'll give yall this. What yall have done in these last 7 years is amazing...and the talent you have on the ML roster is better than anyone else in baseball. Your manager seems like the regular season grind is too much for him, but he pushes the right buttons in the postseason.

My heart wants the Rangers in 6 or 7, but my head thinks its the Astros in a quick series. Reminds me of when the Mavs got good, finally, with a young Dirk, but San Antonio was waiting there and it took awhile to beat them.

But the Rangers are on the upswing, finally. Their future is bright again and we haven't felt like this since 2010.

South Platte
JWinTX said:

Houston, I'll give yall this. What yall have done in these last 7 years is amazing...and the talent you have on the ML roster is better than anyone else in baseball. Your manager seems like the regular season grind is too much for him, but he pushes the right buttons in the postseason.

My heart wants the Rangers in 6 or 7, but my head thinks its the Astros in a quick series. Reminds me of when the Mavs got good, finally, with a young Dirk, but San Antonio was waiting there and it took awhile to beat them.

But the Rangers are on the upswing, finally. Their future is bright again and we haven't felt like this since 2010.

JW with a good post! Here we go my brother! Feels good to not post about us being cursed, right??

My sentiments exactly. I think it's a quick series, 4 or 5. It will be difficult for every part of our game to continue at such a high level like it did over the last 5 games. Our best chance is to play solid baseball and hope that Houston reverts back to its regular season form of occasionally playing poor baseball. We will need a couple of role players to have career-best series.
TexasAggiesWin
S
MelvinUdall said:

Prosperdick said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

Wabs said:

7 ****ing straight. Something Arlington will never, ever know.

Class and not cheating, something the Tine will never know
Pudge, Palmerio, Juan Gonzales, Canseco...all juiced out of their minds. You're a f***ing hypocrite.

He wasn't a fan then, he just became a fan in 2023…
I still believe I have indentions on my backside and legs from the bleachers at Arlington Stadium and 3rd degree burns watching afternoon games at the Ballpark in Arlington. Now, there were years were I wish I wasn't a fan (something even Astros fans can sympathize with) but no, I didn't buy a City Connect hat this year and just become a fan.
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

JWinTX said:

JW with a good post! Here we go my brother! Feels good to not post about us being cursed, right??

My sentiments exactly. I think it's a quick series, 4 or 5. It will be difficult for every part of our game to continue at such a high level like it did over the last 5 games. Our best chance is to play solid baseball and hope that Houston reverts back to its regular season form of occasionally playing poor baseball. We will need a couple of role players to have career-best series.
Houston will probably continue the Baltimore strategy of not giving Seager anything to hit. Going to need garver, Garcia, and Carter to continue to get Seager around to score when they walk him.
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

JWinTX said:

Houston will probably continue the Baltimore strategy of not giving Seager anything to hit. Going to need garver, Garcia, and Carter to continue to get Seager around to score when they walk him.

Generally, our pitchers challenge the best hitters.

See Judge in 2022. He walked just once in 17 PA during the CS.
Grapesoda2525
Farmer1906 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

JWinTX said:

Yeah but look at Seager's stats and he missed 40 games. I was thinking he might be a rare exception and dusty would want to avoid him.

I wouldn't blame our pitchers for wanting to pitch around Alvarez.
fullback44
AG
I think it will be a great series, this is why they play the games, anything can happen, the Rangers are playing really well, the Astro's have all the PO experience…. As an Astro's fan, I would say there is a fairly even chance either team could win, it depends who shows up and makes the plays. Both of these teams have played well and both have played pretty bad at times…. It's gonna go to 6-7 games IMO
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

JWinTX said:

I'm trying to remember... I'm probably missing some, but I struggle to recall a single intentional walk from the Astros pitching staff this year. Update- I just checked. 6 on the year, none by starters. For comparison, the Rangers issued 19. No way to check unintentional intentional.
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

South Platte said:

JWinTX said:

I'm trying to remember... I'm probably missing some, but I struggle to recall a single intentional walk from the Astros pitching staff this year. Update- I just checked. 6 on the year, none by starters. For comparison, the Rangers issued 19. No way to check unintentional intentional.

We walk our fair share because that's baseball, but generally we challenge big hitters. Good or bad. Lewis, Harper, Judge, Julio, Freddie, Devers, etc.
Furlock Bones
AG
I will say it's pretty damned funny that 2 of the 3 teams in the AL west that tried as hard as possible to throw away their post season spots are now facing each other in the ALCS.
Barnyard96
AG
If the Astros win 4 games, there's no way the Rangers will catch them.
Mose Schrute
AG
Barnyard96 said:

If the Astros win 4 games, there's no way the Rangers will catch them.

Shows how weak the rest of the AL was lol. Seattle could easily have been another wild card team and competed well.
jkag89
It is so cute that some of you Arlington fans think MM will be less than full Monday afternoon.
Dr. Doctor
AG
Philip J Fry
AG

gigem1223
Feel pretty confident that the winner of the ALCS will win the World Series.
Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Don't sleep on Philly.
jetch17
AG
Fck philly
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Don't sleep on Philly.

Not sleeping on 'em. Just feel like both Houston and Texas are better.
Farmer1906
AG
Texas A&M
The Ranger thread is pretty amusing when they talk about the arrogance of Astros fans. I'm guessing that 90% of Ranger fans are also Cowboy fans. And as we all know, the Cowboy fans are some arrogant SOBs. At least the Astros have won something in the last 30 years.
jkag89
Texas A&M said:

The Ranger thread is pretty amusing when they talk about the arrogance of Astros fans. I'm guessing that 90% of Ranger fans are also Cowboy fans. And as we all know, the Cowboy fans are some arrogant SOBs. At least the Astros have won something in the last 30 years.
But, but . . . The Pokes were a "real" dynasty!
JWinTX
Texas A&M said:

I'll agree and I'm a Cowboy fan. In this state, spoiled and arrogant fanbases are:
Cowboys
Sips
Astros
Spurs

I feel like Rangers fans, Texans fans, and Aggie fans all
Understand each other's frustrations.

Whiniest/Dumb:
Anything Baylor
Anything Tech
Mavericks
JABQ04
AG
I wish we could be arrogant and spoiled about being Aggie Football fans.
Farmer1906
AG
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That's actually not too bad if they had it not in predominantly Astros colors, but I get why they don't. Of course, it's also one of those situations where by the time you get it you'll either never want to wear it again or the series will be over.
Farmer1906
AG
Preview from Fangraphs

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-alcs-is-baseballs-first-postseason-battle-of-texas/

kb2001
AG
Dr. Doctor said:

That's a good one
Eso si, Que es
A lot more Aggies shielded from bad Aggie football with good October baseball this year, and that is a good thing.

After 21 and 22, I thought Rangers were throwing good money after bad with some of their moves, but credit to their FO for finding a winning combination. Here's to a great series and a Texas representative in the fall classic, I damn sure hope it's the Astros, but I will congratulate you if it's not.
Eso si, Que es
JWinTX said:

Texas A&M said:

I'll agree and I'm a Cowboy fan. In this state, spoiled and arrogant fanbases are:
Cowboys
Sips
Astros
Spurs
As an Astros fan, I will concede the arrogance claim starting in about 2019 when we had gone to 2 World Series and 3 ALCS' in 3 years. But Astros were solidly in your 2nd group for the first 50 years, Battered Astros Syndrome. And while we may be arrogant over confident now, I can guarantee to you I will not be proclaiming "We're back" in 2029 with a .500 record after sweeping the Las Vegas A's in a random June weekday series. I know the villainization of the organization was warranted, but as an Aggie fan of the rangers, surely y'all can admit that when A&M went down in the 90's for recruiting violations that merely leveled the playing field with what our rivals were doing, it only forced us as Aggies to become tighter as a community in an "us against the world" mentality.

I am not saying what A&M did was right, nor what the Astros did was right. But when you watch the likes of the Yankees and Red Sox get super secret letters asking them to please curtail their cheating ways, you gotta expect the Astros fan base to galvanize. You shouldn't respect us if we didn't. So $u@% the haters, we have an incredible organization right now committed to working hard and are in the midst of a dominating period that will seem like a distant memory soon enough. I am going to enjoy every minute of it while it lasts. This season was definitely a reminder that dominance is fleeting and the competition will catch up.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
South Platte
Texas A&M said:

I'm from DFW but not a cowboys fan. It's not the same thing. The Cowboys brilliantly marketed themselves successfully 50 years ago as America's team and still have a national fanbase because of it. Cowboys fans spend time bathing in the superiority of their team but don't look for every opportunity to talk bad about other teams ….. That's what the Astros fanbase does. It solidifies the fanbase as "everyone hates us" but doesn't grow the base like the Cowboys did. There's a difference.
Silent For Too Long
Astros fans don't look for opportunities to talk **** about other teams, they just capitalize on the opportunities that present themselves, as the good City of Arlington has provided in abundance these last 7 or so years.

But yall finally got a legit team for the second time in your franchise history. Should be a fun week.
fc2112
Silent For Too Long said:

But yall finally got a legit team for the second time in your franchise history. Should be a fun week.
Math not your strong suit, huh?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.