***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,625 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
LarryElder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
htxag09 said:

I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or really just obnoxious...and this is coming from an Astros fan....

In general, all sports fans are pretty damn delusional. How can anyone truly believe that the general population of people who root for your team are somehow "better" than others who happen to root for a different team....

You realize all the crap Rangers fans say about Astros fans...Astros fans also say about Rangers fans, right? And the crap Aggies say about Longhorns....Longhorns probably say about Aggies?

And this will be really hard to grasp.....but you probably also claim some kind of superiority over the Longhorns because our fan base when....wait for it....probably the largest percent of the fan base are Houstonions or at least Astros fans....

All fan bases have asshats, is what it is.
are you lost its the trash talking thread relax nancy

Been going to the Astros for years starting at the astrodome saw them in Wrigley field only asshat wearing astros gear in center field so save your troll talk.
Farmer1906
AG
I am so confused here. Sure, daddy won last night. La Grasa threw the no-no, facing the min, only 93 pitches, etc. Yet Arlington got a dub too. What else could have happened to give the nerds over at FanGraphs the idea that somehow the 2nd place Astros are pulling away from Arlington?

Furlock Bones
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Your pitcher threw a no hitter last night, against Cleveland, and y'all immediately came to the trash talk thread. What does that say about Astros fans?
you should be happy. means the rangers are finally relevant to the discussion. enjoy it. doesn't last long for most teams. ask the phillies and mariners.
Mr Gigem
AG
Yordan and Altuve are back while Seager, Heim, Eovaldi, and Gray are on the shelf
Legal Custodian
AG
Have no idea, good point. The only thing I can think of is the remaining SOS? Rangers played a worst team so one bad game goes off the remaining schedule making the Rangers remaining schedule tougher? That's a big stretch though and wouldn't account for that sharp of a drop after one game.
Farmer1906
AG
Anything else happen?
Mr Gigem
AG
Both teams bolstered their starting rotation. What am I missing?
Farmer1906
AG
Apparently the nerd think the guy on the right makes a bigger impact.

BadAggie
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I am so confused here. Sure, daddy won last night. La Grasa threw the no-no, facing the min, only 93 pitches, etc. Yet Arlington got a dub too. What else could have happened to give the nerds over at FanGraphs the idea that somehow the 2nd place Astros are pulling away from Arlington?

Alvarez, Altuve, and JV back.
Legal Custodian
AG
Honest question, who does JV replace on your rotation? Or are y'all moving to a 6 man rotation?
Furlock Bones
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Honest question, who does JV replace on your rotation? Or are y'all moving to a 6 man rotation?
that's the question. a 6 man would be nice to keep our bullpen a bit fresher. but, JV does not like a 6 man rotation.
htxag09
AG
Legal Custodian said:

We aren't silly enough to just expect all our rookies that have stepped up will maintain elite levels of pitching for the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

We can go to a 6 man rotation giving guys more rest, especially younger guys who've never pitched this much.

We can move a starter to the BP to bolster that, especially in the playoffs.
Legal Custodian
AG
Thanks for the response
Mr Gigem
AG
Rangers are 12-5 all-time vs Verlander
gigem1223
On the flip side, Max Scherzer is 5-1 with an ERA of 2.98 and 77 strikeouts in 9 appearances against the Astros in his career.
Mr Gigem
AG
Marvin
AG
Nothing to worry about, then!

Should be a fun fall, regardless prior results.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Daddy-O5
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Ummm....year old article but it pretty much jives with what I'm seeing everywhere else on google. What am I missing here?

Justin Verlander leads Astros into tilt vs. Rangers - CBSSports.com

Quote:

Verlander is 20-8 with a 2.59 ERA in 33 career starts against the Rangers, including a 2-0 record and 0.69 ERA in two starts this season. Verlander has 16 strikeouts and zero walks against Texas in 2022.
BadAggie
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Ummm....year old article but it pretty much jives with what I'm seeing everywhere else on google. What am I missing here?

Justin Verlander leads Astros into tilt vs. Rangers - CBSSports.com

Quote:

Verlander is 20-8 with a 2.59 ERA in 33 career starts against the Rangers, including a 2-0 record and 0.69 ERA in two starts this season. Verlander has 16 strikeouts and zero walks against Texas in 2022.

Lol Dallasite loose with the truth go figure
dvldog
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I think you read this page backwards (first one that came up in google but matches 12-5...just the other way).

https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask/verlander-vs-rangers-including-game-logs-since-2014
Daddy-O5
AG
It doesn't get much better when you break it down even further by team. Verlander 10-2 against the Rangers while with the Astros.

Verlander Vs Rangers Including Game Logs Since 2014 | StatMuse

BadAggie
AG
L to the ol

How do you think JV had a losing record vs the Rangers?
Daddy-O5
AG
dvldog said:

Mr Gigem said:

I think you read this page backwards (first one that came up in google but matches 12-5...just the other way).

https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask/verlander-vs-rangers-including-game-logs-since-2014

You misspelled "wishful thinking".
Mr Gigem
AG
Ok I'll eat that one lmao

And don't ever call me a dallasite again. I despise that city
Farmer1906
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Ok I'll eat that one lmao

And don't ever call me a dallasite again. I despise that city
He's an Arlingtonian! or is Arlingtonite? Arlingtonianite?
Mr Gigem
AG
Fort Worth born and raised
CampingAg
AG
Astros fans love the fact that the Rangers play in Arlington...as do most Rangers fans, including me also living in Fort Worth.
LarryElder
Now they are pissy because an Astros fan is posting on their thread what a bunch thin skinned losers rangers fan are ! Embarrassing they are aggies
gigem1223
LarryElder said:

Now they are pissy because an Astros fan is posting on their thread what a bunch thin skinned losers rangers fan are ! Embarrassing they are aggies

I'd be embarrassed if you were a Rangers fan. Some of you guys talk like you're a 14 year old girl.
Legal Custodian
AG
LarryElder said:

You're embarrassed an Aggie is thin-skinned?
frenchtoast
Marvin said:

frenchtoast said:

htxag09 said:

I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or really just obnoxious...and this is coming from an Astros fan....

In general, all sports fans are pretty damn delusional. How can anyone truly believe that the general population of people who root for your team are somehow "better" than others who happen to root for a different team....

You realize all the crap Rangers fans say about Astros fans...Astros fans also say about Rangers fans, right? And the crap Aggies say about Longhorns....Longhorns probably say about Aggies?

And this will be really hard to grasp.....but you probably also claim some kind of superiority over the Longhorns because our fan base when....wait for it....probably the largest percent of the fan base are Houstonions or at least Astros fans....

All fan bases have asshats, is what it is.
Nailed it. Sports fans are pretty much the same everywhere. Except those garbage Astros fans.

And to REALLY not care about Astros team or fans, you guys sure do discuss them a lot.

What are you talking about? I am obsessed with the Astros.
AustinCountyAg
During the fall are Friday home games for the rangers scheduled to start at 1pm? I'm assuming there multi use facility is also hosting high school football games in the evening?
Mr Gigem
AG
No
LarryElder
gigem1223 said:

LarryElder said:

Now they are pissy because an Astros fan is posting on their thread what a bunch thin skinned losers rangers' fan are ! Embarrassing they are aggies

I'd be embarrassed if you were a Rangers fan. Some of you guys talk like you're a 14 year old girl.
lol your fans can't take an astro fan posting civilly on your thread...no way I could be a Ranger fans I have balls.
Legal Custodian
AG
Just stop man, you're embarrassing yourself

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.