***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,616 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jkag89 said:

Have you read the Rangers game thread? Astros fans are hardly the only fan base that use 'we" or "us" when talking about the team they follow.

No I haven't. Rangers fans annoy me.
MelvinUdall
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Be sure and say "Howdy" when you do. I'm still waiting on your answer.

You're trying too hard on this…I guess this is all you have left, using we as a fan doesn't distinguish you are a part of the team, but you do you.
JohnnyTexAg1995
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Silent For Too Long said:

Considering you attended a university that considers itself "the home of the 12th man" you are making an incredibly inane point right now.

In all my time at TAMU I never met someone who considered themselves part of the team w/o playing. Perhaps it is you who doesn't know what that means.
wait… so you have a degree from Texas A&M and can say you never met a single person at A&M now or then even that considers themselves a part of the team…. So did you sit by yourself underground and watch football games on you CRT TV. An Alabama fan who has been to college station 1 time has met someone who considers themself a part of the team. That's literally the main thing about our school lol
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Considering you attended a university that considers itself "the home of the 12th man" you are making an incredibly inane point right now.

In all my time at TAMU I never met someone who considered themselves part of the team w/o playing. Perhaps it is you who doesn't know what that means.
wait… so you have a degree from Texas A&M and can say you never met a single person at A&M now or then even that considers themselves a part of the team…. So did you sit by yourself underground and watch football games on you CRT TV. An Alabama fan who has been to college station 1 time has met someone who considers themself a part of the team. That's literally the main thing about our school lol

Lets pump the breaks on "our school" until you get your AgTag.

BTW you know what the 12th man means. Watching the games, yelling loud, standing all game, doesn't mean fans are on the team.
South Platte
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I'm not sure you wording this correctly. All fans think they are part of the team. The Astros fans act like they are the ones making diving catches and hitting tape measure shots of Will Smith. These players play for our teams because they are contractually obligated to. They would be just as happy to represent other teams if it was financially rewarding to do so. College sports, at least it used to be, is represented by athletes that made a conscious decision to play for a school, so the bond is closer.

I do know the noise coming from the Houston side of this board has ratcheted up a few notches over the past 2 days. My Facebook feed has exploded with my Houston friends' obnoxious posts. Somebody needs to shut the bully up.
jkag89
PlaneCrashGuy said:

jkag89 said:

Have you read the Rangers game thread? Astros fans are hardly the only fan base that use 'we" or "us" when talking about the team they follow.

No I haven't. Rangers fans annoy me.
So why did you single out Astros fans in your little rant?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Us/We/The Rangers had to make sure us/we/they made it a series!

Best of 3 now - Hope Verlander had a terrible night sleep and the Astros bullpen forgets how to pitch
AustinCountyAg
this thread got stupid fast arguing about "we" and "us".....**** the Dallas Rangers. will be fun to watch them crawl back in there little hole after they lose the next two games.
Silent For Too Long
For the record, a lot of us posted here after going down 0 to 2, but the only Arlingtonians I see right now are you and Mensa "their's no I in We" over here.

But I'll bookmark this page to remind myself that fans apparently aren't suppose to boast about their team's success on a trash talking thread. Noted.
JohnnyTexAg1995
PlaneCrashGuy said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Lets pump the breaks on "our school" until you get your AgTag.

BTW you know what the 12th man means. Watching the games, yelling loud, standing all game, doesn't mean fans are on the team.
my entire family went to A&M and I played CBB at another school, but based on how you are talking I've probably spent more time at A&M then you and probably even give more and support A&M more than you. So hide being you "Ag Tag" while basically denouncing the main tradition at the school you went to lol
Daddy-O5
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

Us/We/The Rangers had to make sure us/we/they made it a series!

Best of 3 now - Hope Verlander had a terrible night sleep and the Astros bullpen forgets how to pitch
Thanks for getting us back on track. This thread started to suck for a minute.
JohnnyTexAg1995
South Platte said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

I'm not sure you wording this correctly. All fans think they are part of the team. The Astros fans act like they are the ones making diving catches and hitting tape measure shots of Will Smith. These players play for our teams because they are contractually obligated to. They would be just as happy to represent other teams if it was financially rewarding to do so. College sports, at least it used to be, is represented by athletes that made a conscious decision to play for a school, so the bond is closer.

I do know the noise coming from the Houston side of this board has ratcheted up a few notches over the past 2 days. My Facebook feed has exploded with my Houston friends' obnoxious posts. Somebody needs to shut the bully up.
wait what about the posts on here make you think Astros fans think they are hitting home runs and making diving catches haha

Seriously give me one example. Astros fans talk about their team no different than any other fan base haha y'all are coping hard right now
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

Fans are more visible and obnoxious when good things are happening?

Woww. That's quite a revelation!
DrZ
AG
The problem with Ranger fans is that they are a subset of Cowboy fans. Not all Cowboy fans root for the Rangers but all Ranger fans root for the Cowboys. They take the worst traits of CFB and apply it to their team. Cowboy fans might be delusional and arrogant, but they have a history they can fall back on (albeit quite a while ago). They have things to be proud of. The Rangers have nothing so their arrogance seems premature and childish.

I went to dinner with a big Yankee fan in Chicago last year. Talking baseball. He said "you guys are all new to this hate stuff" We only hate the Astros because you beat us every year. We only hate Altuve because he is the most clutch playoff guy we ever faced. Him and David Ortiz. Nobody hates the crappy teams like the Rangers.

South Platte
DrZ said:

The problem with Ranger fans is that they are a subset of Cowboy fans. Not all Cowboy fans root for the Rangers but all Ranger fans root for the Cowboys. They take the worst traits of CFB and apply it to their team. Cowboy fans might be delusional and arrogant, but they have a history they can fall back on (albeit quite a while ago). They have things to be proud of. The Rangers have nothing so their arrogance seems premature and childish.

I went to dinner with a big Yankee fan in Chicago last year. Talking baseball. He said "you guys are all new to this hate stuff" We only hate the Astros because you beat us every year. We only hate Altuve because he is the most clutch playoff guy we ever faced. Him and David Ortiz. Nobody hates the crappy teams like the Rangers.

This is a fair observation. Nobody hates the Texas Rangers except Astros fans. I'd say Cowboys and Astros fans are similar, with Astros fans leading the charge right now.

Oh, I'm a Rangers fan that's not a Cowboys fan. Far from it.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Anyone know if the roof is open today?
Cromagnum
AG
Wabs said:

Pretty cool shirt

I get what they were going for, but my OCD prevents me from buying something where Houston is on the western half of the state. They should have split it North / South (or NW / SE).
htxag09
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I feel like you're just trolling at this point......

But, nobody on this message board thinks they're part of the team.

Yes, people say things like "We need to win this one." That's not unique to the Astros fanbase. I guarantee you that you can find a post saying "We suck" on the Football board.
RogerFurlong
DrZ said:

Nobody hates the crappy teams like the Rangers.

Except Astros Fans. Y'all should hate New York and Boston. They're the ones who siced the MLB on y'all for cheating. I don't get the hate for the Rangers. It was weird going to College Station and hearing from Astros fans how they hated us. Like why do y'all care about us at all.
htxag09
AG
Y'all really run out of all **** talking points and are recycling "only Astros fans hate Rangers fans"?

Good grief.
DrZ
AG
Cowboy fans and Astro fans are nothing alike. One lives in past one in present.
Cowboy fans are like Yankee fans. Living in past.

JohnnyTexAg1995
Cause we are playing against you to make the World Series…. And are a division rival. Before the Astros were in the AL west I honestly didn't think twice about the rangers, even were rooting for them against the cardinals (who were a division rival at the time). Now I don't think twice about the cardinals. That's the way sports work lol
DrZ
AG
NY and Boston got caught as well.
htxag09
AG
I figured y'all would be hanging your hat on 1) mental framber still having to pitch and 2) having to win one at MMP.

2 solid **** talking points for you. Yet here we are.
AustinCountyAg
Past 10 seasons, 8 playoff appearances.
7 ALCS appearances. in a row. a record
4 World Series Appearances (so far)
2 World Series Wins (so far)

reading that makes smile

Suck it Oklahoma
RogerFurlong
This was when y'all were in the NL.
Daddy-O5
AG
AgTag Smack, and "who is obsessed with who" smack are on about the same level to me. It usually gets brought after getting your ass beat and have nothing better to offer.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Let's talk about which stadium is uglier instead.
esd19
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Let's talk about which stadium is uglier instead.

The one that has artificial turf.
Coach_Fran
AgsWin2011 said:

Yes I'm new to baseball.
BarnacleBill
AG
DrZ said:

Rangers and the rest of MLB....

PetroleumAg
AG
You are so soft jesus.
JohnnyTexAg1995
RogerFurlong said:

dude Astros fans were not obsessed with the rangers when we were in the NL, maybe the couple that you knew that live around you in DFW cause they are stuck around it all the time, but I guarantee you 90%+ of Houston fans didn't care less. Like I said a lot of us even rooted for y'all to beat the cardinals… (which was when we were in the NL numb nuts)
Farmer1906
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

RogerFurlong said:

dude Astros fans were not obsessed with the rangers when we were in the NL, maybe the couple that you knew that live around you in DFW cause they are stuck around it all the time, but I guarantee you 90%+ of Houston fans didn't care less. Like I said a lot of us even rooted for y'all to beat the cardinals… (which was when we were in the NL numb nuts)
100%. Cards and Braves were #1 & #2 on the **** list.
aggiedata
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.