***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,614 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
ElCheAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jet Black said:

RogerFurlong said:

Remember when the Astros cheated. I do and so does every baseball fan. Congrats on cheating deserving players and teams at their shot. Some guys only get 1 shot at a title and y'all stole that by cheating. Cheaters.

Were you crying when you typed this?

That had me rolling.
Wabs
AG
RogerFurlong said:

Remember when the Astros cheated. I do and so does every baseball fan. Congrats on cheating deserving players and teams at their shot. Some guys only get 1 shot at a title and y'all stole that by cheating. Cheaters.

Remember when Arlington couldn't win a championship with a juiced up Ivan Rodriguez and Juan Gonzales?
RogerFurlong
We really don't care about Houston sports. Just don't like cheaters. You won in 22 fair and square.
Ag_07
AG
RogerFurlong said:

We really don't care about Houston sports.

Apparently you do

Either that or this is just your go-to response when your argument is ripped to shreds.

Which is it?
Grapesoda2525
What makes this thread lame is everytime a ranger fan lands a good blow, the Astro fans always fall back on "championship". It's predictable as hell.
Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

What makes this thread lame is everytime a ranger fan lands a good blow, the Astro fans always fall back on "championship". It's predictable as hell.

Sorry you brought a BB gun to a nuke fight.
RogerFurlong
Like I said I just don't like cheaters with one championship walking around like they're the Yankees. It's the same thing with Texans fans talking about the Cowboys.
Wabs
AG
RogerFurlong said:

Like I said I just don't like cheaters with one championship walking around like they're the Yankees. It's the same thing with Texans fans talking about the Cowboys.

Do they still teach math in Arlington? Seems you can't do simple addition.
Harry Dunne
RogerFurlong said:

So are cheaters only cheaters if they win? Or do they stop being considered cheaters after a certain amount of time?

Because based on that photo it looks to me that the Rangers were just about the biggest cheaters of the 90s

Oh, what's that you say? Everyone was doing it?

RogerFurlong
Think about it a little harder. You'll get there.
Wabs
AG
RogerFurlong said:

Think about it a little harder. You'll get there.

1 + 1 = 2. I know it's not as easy as 0 + 0, but I think both are considered simple addition.
RogerFurlong
1 + * =1
Ciboag96
RogerFurlong said:

1 + * =1

bearkatag15
AG
How we doing in here?
Farmer1906
AG
Daddy is great. Thanks for asking.
Silent For Too Long
Just woke up. How things going down in Arlington?
Ciboag96
Go back to sleep
Mathguy64
AG
That's gonna leave a mark.
Furlock Bones
AG
Never a doubt
Harry Dunne
That was a really good try though guys. We are real proud of you guys for making it competitive.

Congratulations also on the first 4-game sell out in the history of the team. It should be all the more enjoyable to you since we probably bought half of those tickets and so you can still claim to not care about Houston.
annie88
AG
RogerFurlong said:

It's 2023 MFer
Chrundle the Great
AG
Harry Dunne said:

That was a really good try though guys. We are real proud of you guys for making it competitive.

Congratulations also on the first 4-game sell out in the history of the team. It should be all the more enjoyable to you since we probably bought half of those tickets and so you can still claim to not care about Houston.

Oh and don't forget the all stars! So many, much cool.
Chef Elko
AG
RogerFurlong said:

Yu Darvish? The guy we shelled to win it all and went 0-2 in the WS?
zoneag
annie88 said:

RogerFurlong said:

It's 2023 MFer
I think this Roger guy was sitting behind me at the game yesterday. His reflexive response to the Astros asserting their fatherhood over Arlington was "cheaters".
Silent For Too Long
It all seriousness, you guys have put together one hell of a lineup.

If you could find some legit pitching you might be able to challenge Big Bro someday.

See you after the All Star break. Hope ya'll rest up.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG

gigem1223
Silent For Too Long said:

If you could find some legit pitching you might be able to challenge Big Bro someday.

That's big talk from a team that's still 3 games back and battling their own pitching issues. Good series.
Prosperdick
AG
gigem1223 said:

That's big talk from a team that's still 3 games back and battling their own pitching issues. Good series.
Without our biggest bat and pitching two AAA pitchers against y'all and still take 3 of 4. Enjoy the All-Star game!
Harry Dunne
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I'd like to echo what he said to all you Rangers fans out there.
gigem1223
Prosperdick said:

gigem1223 said:

Without our biggest bat and pitching two AAA pitchers against y'all and still take 3 of 4. Enjoy the All-Star game!

Weird how the rangers took 2 of 3 in houston against your top 3 with your biggest bat. I expect both GMs to address some things at the deadline. Neither of these teams are going anywhere from what I can tell. Should be a fun 2nd half.
jkag89
annie88 said:

RogerFurlong said:

It's 2023 MFer
It is all they have. They'll beat that dead horse for as long as the current Astros run lasts.
Legal Custodian
AG
These guys get out of Arlington by the skin of their teeth and you'd think they just clinched the division.
Silent For Too Long
3 Ws. 1 L.

That's all that matters.
jkag89
Legal Custodian said:

These guys get out of Arlington by the skin of their teeth and you'd think they just clinched the division.
Five straight full season Western Division Titles. I think Astro fans know what it takes to win a division title. It might be a little foggy for Ranger fan.

Oh, and considering the Astros erratic play in June, entering the weekend I would have been OK with a series split.
Jet Black
Got out winning 3 out of 4 and shaving 2 games off the lead. Enjoy first while you can.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.