***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

257,615 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by petebaker
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Some of y'all didn't watch baseball in 2020 and it shows.
Are you still seeing straight after getting a massive swirly by Bobby Witt jr?

I get we got swept by the royals … but this is the 3rd time you've mentioned Bobby Witt Jr killing us. This was his series
We got beat by the other 8 guys in their lineup. He sucked

Farmer1906
AG
gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Weird how you weren't saying this 2 weeks ago….
Weird how you were curled up in the fetal position 2 weeks ago.
Bag
AG
FriscoKid said:

Bag said:

The Rangers season went south when they lost the stud third baseman, it can be mapping almost directly to that, was a huge loss

Bump
Is this some kind of burn?

you can do better. At least throw in something about buzzers or trash cans.
gigem1223
Farmer1906 said:

gigem1223 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Weird how you weren't saying this 2 weeks ago….
Weird how you were curled up in the fetal position 2 weeks ago.

Not me. I called out y'all's premature division title and death of the rangers several times on this thread.
Grapesoda2525
My favorite Astros game recently was the game in which the Astros lost 3-2.

Royals first run was mainly due to Diaz throwing the ball into center field on a stolen base attempt.

Royals 3rd run was due to a passed ball.

Maldy would've caught that pitch and not thrown the ball into the outfiekd
htxag09
AG
I wish I had as much time as some of y'all.....

I mean for a group that doesn't care at all about the Astros, and apparantly some don't care at all about baseball, y'all sure do post a lot, keep up with our posts, and watch a lot of our games....
BMX Bandit
Grapesoda2525 said:

Royals first run was mainly due to Diaz throwing the ball into center field on a stolen base attempt.

Thanks for showing you don't know Maldondos fielding stats this year
Mr Gigem
AG
htxag09 said:

I mean for a group that doesn't care at all about the Astros Rangers, and apparantly some don't care at all about baseball, y'all sure do post a lot, keep up with our posts, and watch a lot of our games....
Switched the team and it's still a valid argument.

Both fan bases browse the other thread, especially win one is winning and the other is losing
Farmer1906
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

You know enough to try and get under the skin, but the execution fails. Altuve could have knocked it down. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you know what a wild pitch and passed ball are. This is just a trolling gimmick. Look where this bounced.

Yainer is 90% in Blocks, 84% in Caught Stealing, while offensively he has a 89% xwOBA, 94%xBA, & 96% xSLG. He's the best catcher in the division.
Mr Gigem
AG
Purely out of curiosity, can you post the same advanced stats for Jonah Heim?
Farmer1906
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Purely out of curiosity, can you post the same advanced stats for Jonah Heim?

I am going to assume you don't know where they are. Baseball Savant. Search any player.

51% Blocks Above Avg
90% Caught Stealing Above Avg
50% xwOBA
52% xBA
64% xSLG

But he excels where Yainer does not. Framing. 97%.
Mr Gigem
AG
Thanks. And yeah I didn't know where to look
htxag09
AG
Mr Gigem said:

htxag09 said:

I mean for a group that doesn't care at all about the Astros Rangers, and apparantly some don't care at all about baseball, y'all sure do post a lot, keep up with our posts, and watch a lot of our games....

Both fan bases browse the other thread, especially win one is winning and the other is losing
Not disagreeing there.

But one fan base makes it a point to say they don't care about the other every chance they get.
Mr Gigem
AG
htxag09 said:

Mr Gigem said:

htxag09 said:

Not disagreeing there.

But one fan base makes it a point to say they don't care about the other every chance they get.

Not disagreeing with that. I've never really understood it, but maybe I'm just not old enough. I only started disliking Houston once the Astros joined the AL West, but I guess the hatred goes further back than that.

Definitely wasn't ever something I noticed at A&M, but never went out of my way to trash talk my Houston buddies, or vice versa

I've also never been the biggest NFL fan either. I follow the Cowboys but I don't make it a point to block out time on Sundays to watch the games.
tjack16
AG
I only dislike the rangers because they are the division and in-state rival. Simple as that

Has nothing to do with DFW. Don't really care one way or the other about the Cowboys. As a Texans fan nothing they do really effects us since we are in different conferences.

But as AL West rivals, I don't like the Rangers.

DFW is fine though. Fun city to visit
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

DFW is fine though. Fun city to visit

Agreed, but it has become incredibly crowded to the northeast, which is where my favorite places are. it's getting to be more trouble than it's worth... like going to the Hill Country through Austin.
Grapesoda2525
htxag09 said:

I mean for a group that doesn't care at all about the Astros, and apparantly some don't care at all about baseball, y'all sure do post a lot, keep up with our posts, and watch a lot of our games....
After you guys swept us, it was all over the baseball board, premium board, and probably several other boards I don't even browse.

1-5 against the royals is woefully terrible and you guys deserve to be ridiculed for it. Especially when they went into your park and pushed you around for 3 straight days. The royals aren't going to win 60 games total for the season so yes….. it is that bad.
frenchtoast
The cheaters still have a chance to win the division, so trash talk seems a bit premature at the moment.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
frenchtoast said:

The cheaters still have a chance to win the division, so trash talk seems a bit premature at the moment.

I agree on both counts, I stated as much yesterday when Astro fans were coming here to take their medicine. But, they started the thread and have kept it alive so I have no problem with Rangers fans talking general "got swept by KC" smack but otherwise, we shouldn't count our chickens just yet.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Grapesoda2525
frenchtoast said:

It's just "royals own you" and "you are Bobby Witt's *****" trash talk.

Look… the rangers won 68 games last year. We have a pretty good chance of winning 90+ this year. I'm just enjoying the team being relevant in September for the first time in a long time. I know the Astros can still win the division, if they did, I wouldn't like it, but I'd come here and congratulate them on their continued success.

The Astros series was our low point of the season. We still had tons of guys hurt, lost Garcia, and lost Scherzer shortly after. To be honest, the rangers making the postseason in any capacity is good enough for me. A 20+ game improvement and getting this team some needed playoff experience will be great. With young players like Evan Carter and Wyatt Langford, the window should be open for awhile as long as all of our pitchers arms don't fall off.
South Platte
It's been a war of attrition this season. Grueling on fans . . . and this **** could still turn on a dime. No lead is safe, no winning/losing streak can't be followed up with an immediate streak the other direction. I'd literally give my left arm to just play .500 ball this week.
South Platte
Grapesoda2525 said:

The Astros series was our low point of the season.
Season? I'd argue it was up there close to Game 6. Seriously.
tjack16
AG
Let's see the pulse of everybody on here

October 7th is the Bama game and Day 1 of the ALDS. (RIP to our livers)

Here's my question to rangers and Astros fans alike. Will that ALDS be Astros vs Rangers?
#2 vs #3/6 matchup

I say yes it will
Mr Gigem
AG
I think that is the most likely scenario.

The Twins have lost 17 consecutive postseason games. Astros are still a team with lots of postseason experience and therefore should be considered a favorite in any postseason matchup they are in

I think the Astros go 4-2 on this road trip a secure the final WC spot
South Platte
tjack16 said:

Here's my question to rangers and Astros fans alike. Will that ALDS be Astros vs Rangers?
#2 vs #3/6 matchup

I say yes it will
Between this race and the 4-team for 2 slots wildcard race in the NL, it's going to be an out of control week. I hate that we're playing west coast. So long reasonable bed times.

I say Texas vs. Minnesota.
tjack16
AG
South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

#2 vs #3/6 matchup

I say yes it will
Between this race and the 4-team for 2 slots wildcard race in the NL, it's going to be an out of control week. I hate that we're playing west coast. So long reasonable bed times.

I think I'd favor Houston over Minnesota in that wild card (even without bias).

Toronto is likely locking down the 5 seed barring a collapse. So it'll be Houston/Seattle for the 6 seed to face Minnesota. I'd take either one of them over Minnesota
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

#2 vs #3/6 matchup

I say yes it will

Toronto is likely locking down the 5 seed barring a collapse. So it'll be Houston/Seattle for the 6 seed to face Minnesota. I'd take either one of them over Minnesota
Is everyone just assuming the rangers will sweep the angels? We let out a massive turd against the guardians after our best series of the year against the blue jays.

Anything can happen. Although I do feel a lot better about facing the angels with no trout / Ohtani.
BMX Bandit

Quote:

yes, yes they do and yes we are. Witt is to Astros as Astros are to Rangers.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Rangers won't lose again this year!
tjack16
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

#2 vs #3/6 matchup

I say yes it will

Is everyone just assuming the rangers will sweep the angels? We let out a massive turd against the guardians after our best series of the year against the blue jays.

Anything can happen. Although I do feel a lot better about facing the angels with no trout / Ohtani.

I think if my math is right for us to have a shot at winning the division, we have to finish 5-1 or win out 6-0 and y'all have to go 4-3 or worse.

My prediction is the Astros finish 4-2, and y'all finish 4-3 to win the division while we get the last wild card spot
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

South Platte said:

tjack16 said:

#2 vs #3/6 matchup

I say yes it will

I think if my math is right for us to have a shot at winning the division, we have to finish 5-1 or win out 6-0 and y'all have to go 4-3 or worse.

My prediction is the Astros finish 4-2, and y'all finish 4-3 to win the division while we get the last wild card spot
If we stumble against the Angels, it gets dicey because the Mariners would be hungry and motivated. We would also have to face Castillo, Kirby, Gilbert in that series too.
Mathguy64
AG
You rangers kiddies better look out. Dusty had Maldonado back behind the plate tonight. The best offensive and defensive catcher in the majors is going to lead us to victory!

Who am I kidding. We are ****ed. Big Brain Baker will be personally delivering your AL West trophy any day now.
BMX Bandit
Cry less.
Adam87inSA
AG
Would like to see the Ms channel their inner Royals and beat the asstros twice, w the Rangers finishing a sweep vs halos. Then Rangers could win exactly once in Sea, win the West, and Ms take last WC. Houston would sit home w their silver boot.
AustinCountyAg
seems that Daddy has ruffled the Rangers feathers this morning. A supposed racial slur was used? It appears our friends up north in southern Oklahoma might want to refresh on the Spanish slang and not believe every liberal out there trying to cancel culture everything in sight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.