***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

299,504 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
the_batman26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I clearly have an Ag tag, but I'm not wrong. It will make for a very boring series with teams no one has any incentive to see win, or lose. Your own celebration last night was upstaged by Fox promoting the KU/OU game. The Big 12 matters more to Fox lol.
FriscoKid
AG
the_batman26 said:

I clearly have an Ag tag, but I'm not wrong. It will make for a very boring series with teams no one has any incentive to see win, or lose. Your own celebration last night was upstaged by Fox promoting the KU/OU game. The Big 12 matters more to Fox lol.

So because Houston isn't in the WS then nobody cares about it?

The Astros are not the Yankees. Houston has won 2 titles and that's great, but let's not act like Houston is the only baseball team that viewers in this big country care about. It's the team that you and your friends care about.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I'll watch.
AgsWin2011
AG
Houston got screwed and should have beat Texas!…. In football.
the_batman26
AG
Well, yes. You want people who don't usually watch baseball to tune in. They're not the Yankees, but we both cannot deny that the headlines surrounding them, good or bad, and their roster draw in viewers outside those who usually watch. No one's talking about the Rangers…at all lol.
CavitationAG
AG
I'm sorry, I can't not post this when the numbers are easy to look up. The only teams that have moved the needle for ratings in recent history (skimmed briefly) have been the Dodgers and Cubs. The Astros have been involved in 2 of the 3 least watched World Series in history according to this.

But please, carry on.
the_batman26
AG
And how will the little ole Rangers do? Considering it's the first time since 2016 that neither the Dodgers nor Astros are in it?

Also, only maxing at 13 million? Yellowstone did 12.1 million with its season 5 premiere. The Super Bowl did 115.1 last year. We have to accept those who care enough about baseball will watch, and unfortunately, the Rangers don't carry enough reason to.
CavitationAG
AG
the_batman26 said:

And how will the little ole Rangers do? Considering it's the first time since 2016 neither the Dodgers or Astros aren't in it?
I'm not worried about the ratings to be honest. Just happy to be there again after getting my baseball heart literally ripped out in 2011.

I'm glad you've had a good run as an Astros fan. I have a lot of friends/family that are Stros fans. I just find the trash talk on this board in general a little dumb.
the_batman26
AG
To be honest, I didn't really watch much baseball this year outside of managing my fantasy team. It's hard to watch it like I do the Redzone channel.

I saw a trash talk thread and ran with it, considering Houston and the DFW don't have many opportunities to do so. I know my DFW friends are happy with their success, and I can't blame them. It's an amazing feeling to watch unfold live.
My Dad Earl
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Wait. Is spending money supposed to diminish our success or something? Do other teams use volunteers for their players?
M.C. Swag
AG
Maybe the As?
tjack16
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Any Astros fans making fun of the rangers for "buying" players are dumb and don't speak for the majority of us. Just like any Astros fans saying nobody will care about the WS if we aren't in it are also dumb
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

M.C. Swag said:

Any Astros fans making fun of the rangers for "buying" players are dumb and don't speak for the majority of us. Just like any Astros fans saying nobody will care about the WS if we aren't in it are also dumb
You've got to be kidding me. Are people really trying to trash talk the rangers for signing free agents?

The rangers should be commended for stepping up to the plate and signing Corey Seager. He looks to be worth every single penny with what he's done.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
As history shows though….
Grapesoda2525
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

As history shows though….

It's not funny because Altuve's game 5 home run ended up being inconsequential. If you guys won the series, that would be funny.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
My Dad Earl said:

M.C. Swag said:

Wait. Is spending money supposed to diminish our success or something? Do other teams use volunteers for their players?

No. You're supposed to be historically bad for at least 5 years and field a team full of minor leaguers that aren't competitive at all.
tjack16
AG
Some salty casual Astros fans have claimed y'all "bought" the team. But most of us who actually pay attention know y'all made smart moves on top of a lot of homegrown talent.
Grapesoda2525
tjack16 said:

Some salty casual Astros fans have claimed y'all "bought" the team. But most of us who actually pay attention know y'all made smart moves on top of a lot of homegrown talent.
Adolis = waiver pick up

Jung - draft pick

Carter- draft pick

Lowe- trade

Taveras- draft

Heim- trade

Leclerc- homegrown

Don't blame the rangers for "throwing down" to get Semien and Seager when we had to have a middle infield of Elvis / Odor for 6-8 years. Huge weakness.

I know you probably knew some of the above. I was just spelling them out for the ignorant Astro fans who think every single player was a FA.
FriscoKid
AG
Semien and Seager have been a huge letdown so far in the post season. Our strength has come from the other guys in the lineup.

Chapman was supposed to be a great trade with lots of excitement, but Jose is the one we can count on to make the outs.

The Rangers spent a lot of money, but the players making the plays in the post season have not been those guys.
Grapesoda2525
FriscoKid said:

Semien and Seager have been a huge letdown so far in the post season. Our strength has come from the other guys in the lineup.

Chapman was supposed to be a great trade with lots of excitement, but Jose is the one we can count on to make the outs.

The Rangers spent a lot of money, but the players making the plays in the post season have not been those guys.
Semien has been awful, but Seager has been decent.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

FriscoKid said:

Semien has been awful, but Seager has been decent.

Semien was starting to come around in games 6 and 7. Seager went off last night so hopefully he's found his stroke again.
Double Talkin' Jive...
rangerdanger
AG
tjack16 said:

Man, if Jimbo could only figure out half of what Bochy has.
OutdoorAg
AG
the_batman26 said:

Well, yes. You want people who don't usually watch baseball to tune in. They're not the Yankees, but we both cannot deny that the headlines surrounding them, good or bad, and their roster draw in viewers outside those who usually watch. No one's talking about the Rangers…at all lol.
Really? All I've seen on the sports stations the last two days is how the Rangers beat up on the Cheaters.
the_batman26
AG
It's already old news
Florida Aggie
AG
the_batman26 said:

It's already old news

I hate the "bought a team" take. It's only funny if you "buy a team" and lose.
the_batman26
AG
That's still to be determined.
Legal Custodian
AG
Spending $800m to beat the Astros? Damn, I thought Adolis only cost us $700k
agent-maroon
AG
the_batman26 said:

I guess y'all need this, it's something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.

Cool that you have the Space Center. Going to have to get down there to see one of the Shuttles that are certain to be on display.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jack Ruby
The strange inferiority complex Houston has for Dallas reminds me of this:

fc2112
South Platte
Jack Ruby said:

Is that your usual username?
justnobody79
FriscoKid said:

fair enough on Semien, but Seager leads the team in batting avg. and .obp and ops. what else do you want from him?

Chapman was not supposed to be a great trade he was just a big name from years ago, many were very skeptical about him and still are but he was better than the other bullpen trash options
justnobody79
Grapesoda2525 said:

tjack16 said:

M.C. Swag said:

You've got to be kidding me. Are people really trying to trash talk the rangers for signing free agents?

The rangers should be commended for stepping up to the plate and signing Corey Seager. He looks to be worth every single penny with what he's done.
they should have done it the old fashioned way and intentionally tanked for multiple years to collect high draft picks
cc10106
Jack Ruby said:

This is how lots of Astros fans feel about the Rangers and even still.
MrCoachEricTaylor
cc10106 said:

Jack Ruby said:

This is how lots of Astros fans feel about the Rangers and even still.

Sure doesn't seem like it with how often Astro fans would come onto the Rangers thread talking crap.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.