***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

299,574 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
Jerry-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the_batman26 said:

I'll take one asterisk WS and one without over your 0.
Don't forget the Space Center too!!!
Get back or get Jerry’d
the_batman26
AG
Better than a school book depository.
Jerry-Ag
You know you're beat when your comeback after getting knocked out of the playoffs is that your city has a Space Center. Truly something to hang your hat on while sitting on your couch.
Get back or get Jerry’d
the_batman26
AG
I hate to break it to you, but no one's going to be watching the WS without Houston. You can fire up those Cowboys Superbowl-VHS tapes to experience viewership like that again though.
Ihatefallscounty
AG
Does this mean the astros are truly americas team, because like the cowboys we didn't make it to the big game at the end?

I hope everybody loses, because win the Rangers win, A demon gets its horns. also F%#@ Harper.
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
Jerry-Ag
the_batman26 said:

I hate to break it to you, but no one's going to be watching the WS without Houston. You can fire up those Cowboys Superbowl-VHS tapes to experience viewership like that again though.
Don't worry I'll be watching. Something tells me you will too decked out in Philly/Arizona gear.
Get back or get Jerry’d
PatriotAg02
AG
the_batman26 said:

Delusion IS real.
Jerry-Ag
Jerry-Ag said:

the_batman26 said:

Don't worry I'll be watching. Something tells me you will too decked out in Philly/Arizona gear.
***Sorry - I meant Philly/Phoenix gear
Get back or get Jerry’d
the_batman26
AG
What else is there to do up there, afterall? And you can't say beat the Astros in the post season, because you didn't win at home either.
Jerry-Ag
the_batman26 said:

What else is there to do up there, afterall?
Not go to the space center
Get back or get Jerry’d
My Dad Earl
AG
Jerry-Ag said:

You know you're beat when your comeback after getting knocked out of the playoffs is that your city has a Space Center. Truly something to hang your hat on while sitting on your couch.
Don't be too hard on them. When you City is mostly known for record obesity rates, sweltering humidity, and sizzurp, you can't blame them for grasping for straws to find something to take pride in.
the_batman26
AG
Houston has 2 WS. And one you'll never get over because of "cheating."
rgag12
AG
the_batman26 said:

I guess y'all need this, it's something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.

Which one of the sad astronauts was you?

Wow
the_batman26
AG
I'm just saying lol, both areas are known for very different things to the world at large. At least the Rangers are making yours relevant again, for now.
TefIon Don
AG
This thread is cringe af. Mods please delete.
JWinTX
Yeah, this thing is not good reading over the last few pages
the_batman26
AG
Feel free to delete, I wasn't serious lol. It's just baseball after all.
AgEng06
AG
the_batman26 said:

Holy ***** Yeah, dude, going on for pages with junior high trash talking means you aren't "serious".
the_batman26
AG
That's exactly what trashtalk is. We're not having serious debates.
M.C. Swag
AG
jkag89
fc2112 said:

The Astros doing the Lord's work.

Even as an Astros fan I laughed. Of course the Bee brought better smack than most TexAgs Rangers fans.
Hamburger Dan
Not just stealing signs. That is what the non starters are supposed to be doing -while on the bench. Using surveillance cameras, slow motion footage, cameras, and props (trash cans) is not just stealing signs . 2017 has an asterisk by it. Forever. If they ALL weren't doing it- they were still complicit. They cheated
the_batman26
AG
To be fair: cheating is a part of the game. The Federal 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals said as much (1) (2). Also why I don't take this sport too seriously.
Jack Ruby
Good grief the copium in this thread is off the charts unreal.
the_batman26
AG
Gotta give the geriatrics here something fun to read in the nursing home, when they're not dooming on the football team.
Jerry-Ag
the_batman26 said:

I'd ask the mods to delete my responses if I were you too.
Get back or get Jerry’d
tjack16
AG
This thread used to be nothing but the baseball regulars back in April - August. It was much better banter.

All these new people coming in and having the worst trash talk
RogerFurlong
the_batman26 said:

Better than a school book depository.

Haha I think that ends the thread.
the_batman26
AG
No one takes the zoo seriously. Especially a trash talk thread that may be pointless if the NL wins out. If you truly need internet affirmation, I'm sorry.
the_batman26
AG
Good, anything to inject some life in this sport.
Jerry-Ag
the_batman26 said:

No one takes the zoo seriously. Especially a trash talk thread that may be pointless if the NL wins out.
Looks like someone is a little lost then. This isn't the zoo.
Get back or get Jerry’d
the_batman26
AG
It's very much the same sad bunch. Just wearing different hats.
jkag89
tjack16 said:

This thread used to be nothing but the baseball regulars back in April - August. It was much better banter.

All these new people coming in and having the worst trash talk
With most of it having nothing to do with baseball.
the_batman26
AG
God forbid. I must have missed that in the "Rules and Regulations of Trash Talk" 8th edition.
FriscoKid
AG
the_batman26 said:

This is something a sip would say. "Nobody cares about football unless Texas is in the mix."

That right there is some unbelievable arrogance. There is life outside of Houston and some people consider Houston an afterthought in their daily lives.

Wow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.