***OFFICIAL Astros-Rangers Trash Talk Thread 2023***

299,587 Views | 3341 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by petebaker
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigem1223 said:

We don't hate Houston. We hate condescending Astros fans, who think they're baseball royalty. Don't get it twisted.

I get it. Nobody likes the king.
AgsWin2011
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

gigem1223 said:

We don't hate Houston. We hate condescending Astros fans, who think they're baseball royalty. Don't get it twisted.

I get it. Nobody likes cheaters.

FIFY
Farmer1906
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

But according to Smoltz just now, we're cross town rivals.

Similar to say Boston to Washington DC
Farmer1906
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

gigem1223 said:

FIFY

Imagine cheating and still sucking. Hint… you don't need to.
LarryFlynt
AgsWin2011 said:

SquirrellyDan said:

gigem1223 said:

FIFY

Imagine being so jealous of the Astros you have to roll with THeY CHeaTEd
jkag89
gigem1223 said:

The POW POW FPTR fans were always modest and unassuming in support of the 2010/2011 AL Pennant Winning Ranger teams. They never ever posted videos or gifs Albert Pujols going yard to ruin the Astros clinching the 2005 NL Pennant at home. Those must have been ploys by Astros fans attempting to denigrate the magnanimous and kindly folk of Dallas.
The Porkchop Express
AG
If both teams advance staff should just ban everyone who had ever posted on either thread for a week to save itself the headache.
LarryFlynt
jkag89 said:

gigem1223 said:

The POW POW FPTR fans were always modest and unassuming in support of the 2010/2011 AL Pennant Winning Ranger teams. They never ever posted videos or gifs Albert Pujols going yard in to ruin the Astros clinching the 2005 NL Pennant at home. Those must have been ploys by Astros fans attempting to denigrate the magnanimous and kindly folk of Dallas.

Don't forget antlers and claw thing how stupid and obnoxious such a corny fan base
jkag89
SquirrellyDan said:

gigem1223 said:

I get it. Nobody likes the king.
It is fun being one of if not the most hated franchise in baseball.
Mathguy64
AG
gigem1223 said:

Since 2017 we are. Royalty that is. But don't let reality get in your way.
CrawlingNo5
AG
jkag89 said:

gigem1223 said:

The POW POW FPTR fans were always modest and unassuming in support of the 2010/2011 AL Pennant Winning Ranger teams. They never ever posted videos or gifs Albert Pujols going yard to ruin the Astros clinching the 2005 NL Pennant at home. Those must have been ploys by Astros fans attempting to denigrate the magnanimous and kindly folk of Dallas.

Pujols ball STILL hasn't landed..
AgsWin2011
AG
Losing 2 World Series, winning one legitimately, and using technology and trash cans to "win" another doesn't define as Royalty.
jkag89
CrawlingNo5 said:

jkag89 said:

gigem1223 said:

Thanks for proving my point.
bearkatag15
AG
CrawlingNo5 said:

jkag89 said:

gigem1223 said:

You realize we won that NLCS right?
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
07ag
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

Losing 2 World Series, winning one legitimately, and using technology and trash cans to "win" another doesn't define as Royalty.

HEY, the astros have lost 3 world s5
https://ts.la/eric59704
Farmer1906
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

Dynasty is spelled H-O-U-S-T-O-N
agdaddy04
AG
You Rangers fans still hate Bochy?
jkag89
Only losers point such things out. I rather get to the Series and lose (swept even) and have had a chance to win it all than not make it at all.
AgsWin2011
AG
agdaddy04 said:

You Rangers fans still hate Bochy?

Don't hate him at all but he made some terrible moves late in games. I don't watch the Astros much, but I imagine it's a lot of the frustrations y'all have with Dusty.
Tobias Funke
AG
Good gosh, the Astros fanbase over the last decade has become the most insecure bunch of nerds in sports history. I used to root for Houston when they weren't playing the rangers and it's just become impossible with how your fans have morphed into the pro version of Baylor when they have a modicum of success.
RogerFurlong
Won one World Series and think they have a dynasty lol
Carlo4
AG
We did our part to meet in the ALCS…
BCSWguru
Tobias Funke said:

Good gosh, the Astros fanbase over the last decade has become the most insecure bunch of nerds in sports history. I used to root for Houston when they weren't playing the rangers and it's just become impossible with how your fans have morphed into the pro version of Baylor when they have a modicum of success.
Have you met modern day Braves fans?
agdaddy04
AG
RogerFurlong said:

One?
MelvinUdall
Has the Rangers fan base learned nothing chanting "We want Houston!" Good luck with that.
MelvinUdall
agdaddy04 said:

RogerFurlong said:

One?

He's on a roll…let him go…
AustinCountyAg
A modicum of success???

6 ALCS appearances in a row while winning four of them and winning two World Series in the same time frame is more than a modicum IMO
RogerFurlong
First one doesn't count since y'all cheated. Everyone knows that.
MelvinUdall
RogerFurlong said:

First one doesn't count since y'all cheated. Everyone knows that.

It doesn't…can I interest you in some stats and the Manfred report as well as the Frontline documentary before you say all of that…or are you just so invested in internet talk.
bearkatag15
AG

Dangerous
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
RogerFurlong
Yes prove me wrong.
Chrundle the Great
AG
You can hear it trailing off like they realized mid chant "ehh maybe this is a bad idea"
rgag12
AG
OMG THE RANGERS ARE CELEBRATING!!! ANGER!!!!
Serious Lee
agdaddy04 said:

RogerFurlong said:

One?
dallas fans always love to invent ways to marginalize houston's superiority over them. the same fanbase that brought you "rockets only won cause they werent playing against jordan". nevermind that by their parameters, they still lose.
esd19
AG
Tobias Funke said:

First ALCS appearance in over a decade and you're running to the internet to cry about the mean ole Astros? Goodness y'all are soft!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.