Astros offseason thread

339,309 Views | 2990 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spadilly
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Adderall is a banned substance by MLB...unless of course you get a therapeutic use exception for it. So yes, being banned 50 games for something that over 100 MLB players are allowed to take seems a bit ridiculous.

Of course, this is assuming it was Adderall that Forrest took.
astros4545
AG
Troy Patton, notorious Astros fan, was suspended several times for adderral
Ag_07
AG
Who the f just takes a unknown pill some friend gives them to help stay awake? Normal people don't do that much less a premiere athlete.

Sounds like an episode of Full House or something.
gigemJTH12
AG
Ag_07 said:

Who the f just takes a unknown pill some friend gives them?
someone didnt enjoy their 20's
CSWendt
I'm sure he knew what he was taking, but it sounds much better for him if he "unknowingly" took something
cc10106
AstroAggie15 said:

cc10106 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

do you guys actually wear baseball jerseys that yall buy or just have them framed and hung on the wall? I feel like only children should be wearing the jerseys, especially if you're ten years older than the guy who name is on the back
I only wear them if i am also wearing cargo shorts/pants and Crocks or some sort of open-toe shoes.

Do you live in Houston? Astros jersey, shorts, and flip flops is my go to in mid July for a baseball game.

Save your pompous jeans and tennis shoes for the Toyota Center

I do. You sound like a prepared fan. Can't do Toyota. Red makes me look fat, and basketball jerseys are hipster apparel.
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906
AG

Rough way to get 50 games.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
If that's true he's an idiot for taking a random pill. He knows the cost
BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

Who the f just takes a unknown pill some friend gives them to help stay awake? Normal people don't do that much less a premiere athlete.

Sounds like an episode of Full House or something.

Believe it or not, lots & lots of normal people and premier athletes do things like that
Ags #1
AG
How many premier athletes you hanging with ??
BMX Bandit
Enough to know they aren't exactly Rhodes scientists or rocket scholars
NotGibbs
Considering our basketball team doesn't think smoking weed in front of government buildings is a bad idea, I don't have high hopes when it comes to athletes and common sense right now
W
AG
good grief, just heard the news...he better dump the posse when he gets to the bigs. Gotta be smarter than that
MAROON
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

I'm sure he didn't take a "random pill".

I'm about 99% he took an adderall. The same pill thousands of college kids take every day to help them stay awake and get ready for tests.....not that I condone that. But there are a ton of kids and parents who do.
Ag_07
AG
tjack16
AG
I know this isn't a prediction thread... but I honestly see the NLCS/ALCS matchups this season as the exact same as last season.

Dodgers vs Cubs
Yankees vs Astros

Cubs vs Astros in the World Series
TREX01
Care to wager on that?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
MAROON said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

I'm about 99% he took an adderall. The same pill thousands of college kids take every day to help them stay awake and get ready for tests.....not that I condone that. But there are a ton of kids and parents who do.

Then he'd be even stupider for taking something he knows is banned.
iBrad
AG
MLB just needs to remove Adderall from the banned list. If it's truly a performance enhancer, then how can they justify handing out over 100 exemptions for it? Aren't they giving those players an unfair advantage?

Stimulants have long been a part of baseball. There's likely not many guys in the HOF that didn't use amphetamines. No one has ever had a problem voting for those guys, so who cares?
shano0603
AG
iBrad said:

MLB just needs to remove Adderall from the banned list. If it's truly a performance enhancer, then how can they justify handing out over 100 exemptions for it? Aren't they giving those players an unfair advantage?

Stimulants have long been a part of baseball. There's likely not many guys in the HOF that didn't use amphetamines. No one has ever had a problem voting for those guys, so who cares?
What about lasik?
iBrad
AG
How about cortisone?
MAROON
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

MAROON said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

Then he'd be even stupider for taking something he knows is banned.

Now you're assuming he knew it was banned
Mr Gigem
AG
Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a great offseason. Just wanted to swing by and let y'all know that my coupon code for discount tickets for Rangers games will be active again, just in case any of y'all wander up to Arlington this season, which I suspect a lot of you will for opening weekend.

The code this year is texags18.

As always, if you have any questions about anything ticket related, feel free to shoot me a PM or you can email me directly at jchance at texasrangers .com
AustinCountyAg
how much the discount worth?
Mr Gigem
AG
Really just depends on the game and where you sit. Discount can get up to around 30%
tjack16
AG
SIAP:
"Ryan said the Astros will relocate the division title and Wild Card banners that are currently below the lights in left field to another part of the park, keeping only the 2005 National League championship pennant and '17 World Series championship banner in that spot."

I'm interested to see where in the park the banners are being moved to.
Farmer1906
AG
tjholley17 said:

SIAP:
"Ryan said the Astros will relocate the division title and Wild Card banners that are currently below the lights in left field to another part of the park, keeping only the 2005 National League championship pennant and '17 World Series championship banner in that spot."

I'm interested to see where in the park the banners are being moved to.
They've moved them before.

tjack16
AG
I know they've moved them before... I'm just curious to see where they will put them now
CFTXAG10
AG
Just realized the end of March is going to be fantastic. March Madness Final Four, Rockets doing their thing, Easter Weekend, Houston Open, and Astros Baseball.
tjack16
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Just realized the end of March is going to be fantastic. March Madness Final Four, Rockets doing their thing, Easter Weekend, Houston Open, and Astros Baseball.
also Aggie baseball and SEC play heats up
gougler08
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Ags will be in the Final Four too right?
tjack16
AG
gougler08 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

NIT final four?
CFTXAG10
AG
gougler08 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Hopefully they have narrowed their coaching search to the Final Four by then
mAgnoliAg
AG
Parlaying all Houston teams to win championships. Millions gonna come to me

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.