Astros offseason thread

337,182 Views | 2990 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spadilly
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
spadilly said:

So I'd not only put our rotation up against any in the league, but GD they're SOs have to be best 4-5 in the league as well.

Between Upton, Keuchel's SO, Mrs. McCullers, and the not pictured above Mrs. Cole that's a stacked (pun intended) rotation.

Well done gentlemen! TOFA!!

And for reference here's Mrs. Cole

astros4545
AG
Don't you dare leave out Allie Laforce Smith
Andyzipp
AG
Don't forget Mrs. Joe Smith...

CFTXAG10
AG
Don't forget Miss Texas aka the soon to be Mrs. Correa

AstroAggie15
AG
Guys.

We haven't won yet. Save the #TOFA for when it's needed.

Ag_07
AG
Oh I know. I was just looking at starting rotation.

Like if you made a starting rotation of all the WAGs from each teams starting rotation I'm pretty sure we'd be the team to beat.
CFTXAG10
AG
coastalAg
AG
Submitted without comment

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/unnecessary-post-the-astros-look-amazing/
Mathguy64
AG
Not sure what's got me chubbier. The plane pic of the smoking hot women and 4 random dudes or that article.
Ag_07
AG
He sums it up perfectly

Quote:

I don't know how the Astros feel. And of course the Astros could be toppled. They're not baseball's only great team, and a handful of unfortunate injuries could knock them down several pegs. That's why, as they say, they play the games. I just wanted to shed some light on this particular moment in time. Right now, at this moment, the Astros are not only the league's defending champions. They also appear to be a juggernaut. Relative to these Astros, even the Yankees are an underdog.
Thriller
AG
Agnzona
That's some cool stuff.

A thought I had is what are the April record trends of the teams off a world series? Is their any hangover effect for either the winner or loser?

I am really hoping for a fast start to set the narrative for the whole year....

Thriller
AG
Ag_07 said:

He sums it up perfectly

Quote:

I don't know how the Astros feel. And of course the Astros could be toppled. They're not baseball's only great team, and a handful of unfortunate injuries could knock them down several pegs. That's why, as they say, they play the games. I just wanted to shed some light on this particular moment in time. Right now, at this moment, the Astros are not only the league's defending champions. They also appear to be a juggernaut. Relative to these Astros, even the Yankees are an underdog.

I was with him right up to his last phrase. I know he may be comparing the Astros to the 2007 Yankees, but that's not how the snippet reads. It's that slight nod of the head to the almighty Yankees, Pats, Tide that gets me. Screw the Yankees. We are on top
dshedd41
S
Article I wrote about today's spring opener:
http://houseofhouston.com/2018/02/22/houston-astros-star-pitching-prospect-start-spring-training-opener/
Gig’em Aggies!
BowSowy
AG
I'm going to enjoy the ever-lovin hell out of this media storm we'll get leading up to the year.
irish pete ag06
AG
maca1028 said:

Just noticed there are guys in that pic. Who's the dude behind verlander? Why isn't Mrs. Gerrit Cole there?
Have we figured out who the guy is behind Verlander?
Thriller
AG
That's been bothering me all night.
irish pete ag06
AG
Thriller said:

That's been bothering me all night.
It's wearing me out also.
Ag_07
AG
Someone commented on the original Instagram post that 'Look even mark is there'.

So I'm assuming his name is Mark.
Mathguy64
AG
Whoever he is his SO is fitting right in.
The Milkman
AG

Maybe his hot wife is friends with one of the other hot wives and now hes the luckiest guy on earth having inherited a very cool friend circle
Farmer1906
AG
Maybe he owns the plane.
zgood10
AG
Any idea if this will still work?

http://m.mlb.com/hou/root/live?mso_id=null

Page says ATT Sports Net even though ROOT is in the URL
The Milkman
AG

Maybe Alan Thicke didnt really die
NotGibbs
coastalAg said:

Submitted without comment

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/unnecessary-post-the-astros-look-amazing/

From the comments:

Quote:

The biggest super team fail in the same time period was a 12-loss difference from their preseason prediction in a previous Sullivan article. So if the Astros fail as bad as any other super team has failed in this period relative to their talent, they should still make the playoffs with 89 wins.
NotGibbs
Just a heads up, if any of you have MLB tv and are stuck at work, I was able to pull up the pregame screen on my phone. Hopefully that means you can watch today without a blackout
Farmer1906
AG
This is probably blasphemous, but I have very little desire to watch Spring Training baseball. I put almost no stock in anything that happens short of an injury.

I will be watching A&M-Cornell over Astros.
NotGibbs
Astros start in 5 minutes, Aggies don't start until 3.

Good thing it's a slow day at work
zgood10
AG
Gonna check the ATT stream again at 12, not working now

Hopefully MLB Network isn't blacked out
Thriller
AG
I don't care if it's a pickup game on a sandlot. It's not basketball.
Farmer1906
AG
Well, then I will be mostly working instead of watching.
Teddy Perkins
AG
For those wanting to watch the game today. I'm having luck with the streambotall link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/

I do not feel bad streaming the game considering I pay for DirecTV.
astros4545
AG
Radio stream at work
astros4545
AG
Armenteros, Armenteros

CoachRTM
AG
This comment is just absolutely frustrating. We just won the World Series and you still have that crappy mentality?

Quote:

As a long time Houston fan I must say I'm scared of all the accolades given that it's natural to assume the worst when it comes to my sports teams. I've been searching all offseason for regression and injury potential while wondering if our title was Fluky given that we won two game 7s. Not to mention the title cost the city DeShaun Watson's season.

I think if the team truly is as good as projections all think, we gotta treat everyone with kids gloves. All our starters should have innings limits and hitters have rotating days off. I also think there's still room to grab a legit DH/mediocre fielder guy either in FA or trade to shore up on Gurriel/Gattis combo.

But even then I'm still dreading something bad will happen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.