Astros offseason thread

343,271 Views | 2990 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spadilly
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr.Bond said:

Amazon delayed my world series DVD

Mine too
Mr.Ackar07
Killing time perusing my "best hits" on TexAgs; gentlemen, I give you the birth of #TOFA:

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/2611962/replies/43331137
iBrad
AG
Well done! Does your wife know she's been posted on here? That's always my hesitation with following rule #1.

Who was the guy that posted pics of his wife in the bikini?
DVC2010
AG
This is amazing. I think I was still finding my way back to TexAgs in 2015, so I wasn't on that season thread. The Beltran comments right below your post are outstanding.
DVC2010
AG
And the Singleton ones! It's amazing that this was only 2 years ago.
irish pete ag06
AG
iBrad said:

Well done! Does your wife know she's been posted on here? That's always my hesitation with following rule #1.

Who was the guy that posted pics of his wife in the bikini?
I don't know, but I would be willing to post some "dancer days" pics of my wife in college if he would post em again.

And no, she does not know she's been posted here and let's keep it that way. hahahaha
titanmaster_race
Yo Pete, do Julia and your wife have any single dancer friends interested in dating an astronaut?
farmer95
AG
Anybody know of any prints or cool graphics from Game 5? Got to go to that most epic of all baseball games and would love to have something from that game hangng in my downtown Dallas office
irish pete ag06
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Yo Pete, do Julia and your wife have any single dancer friends interested in dating an astronaut?

Rule 1?
titanmaster_race
irish pete ag06 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Rule 1?

Please. I would love to see pictures of your wife's dancer friends.
irish pete ag06
AG
titanmaster_race said:

irish pete ag06 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Rule 1?

I was meaning rule 1 of you in outer space.
jkag89
titanmaster_race said:

Yo Pete, do Julia and your wife have any single dancer friends interested in dating an Astros nut?
FIFY
titanmaster_race
irish pete ag06 said:

titanmaster_race said:

irish pete ag06 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Rule 1?

I was meaning rule 1 of you in outer space.

I haven't gone up yet. Ask me again in about 10 years when I've finally been accepted to the program and make my debut in space. Until then, I am relegated to wearing blue flight suits to work at JSC and trying to trick Space Center Houston tram tours into asking me for an autograph.
titanmaster_race
Speaking of space center Houston, if any of you fellow Astros nuts have an interest in going sometime, let me know. I can help you get discount tickets. They just finished redoing a ton of exhibits, and they have the Apollo 11 capsule on loan from the Smithsonian until mid-March, so now is a great time to go!
07ag
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Speaking of space center Houston, if any of you fellow Astros nuts have an interest in going sometime, let me know. I can help you get discount tickets. They just finished redoing a ton of exhibits, and they have the Apollo 11 capsule on loan from the Smithsonian until mid-March, so now is a great time to go!
would love some discount tickets, need to get there to see apollo 11 capsule before it goes. is the level 9 tour worth it?
titanmaster_race
Level 9 tour?
Mr.Bond
AG
Would definitely love tickets. Lived in NASA/League City for 6 years and never been. Kids would enjoy it
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

titanmaster_race
RE: SCH tickets

If you buy the tickets from SCH they'll cost you $30 at the door. But if you go the NASA gym, they sell tickets for $20. You dont have to be an employee to get in the gym or buy tickets from them.

NASA Gilruth Gym
2101 East NASA Parkway
Houston, TX 77058

Tickets will get you in the door and give you access to everything at SCH, including the tram tour where they take you on site at NASA and tour the old Apollo mission control, Astronaut training facilities, and Saturn V rocket.

Alternatively, if all you want to see is the rocket, you can drive up to the main gate at NASA and tell the guards you came to see the Saturn V, and they will wave you through. It's open to the public, so no need to go on a tram tour just to see it.
DVC2010
AG
My other NASA guy got me in free and included a behind-the-scenes tour.
07ag
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Level 9 tour?
https://spacecenter.org/attractions/level-9-tour/
Ag_07
AG
This thread a perfect indicator of how incredibly slow and boring this "hot stove" season has been.
W
AG
nobody is jumping on that insane Giancarlo contract.

maybe that's what's holding things up.

quick comparison to last year...Reddick, McCann, and Beltran were already in the fold by this time last offseason
Schrute
Giancarlo and that contract is the next Pujols situation. GMs are saying no thanks.
NotGibbs
Reading through some old posts, and I stumbled upon the Astros drinking game we played back in 2015. We'll definitely need to bring this back sometime next season

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/2611962/697#discussion

Quote:

texasaggie20158:43p, 9/30/15
*drumroll*

And here we go.....

1. Jose Altuve (aggie1906)
2. George Springer (texasaggie2015)
3. Carlos Correa (McGibblets)
4. Evan Gattis (Ag_07)
5. Colby Rasmus (shano0603)
6. Carlos Gomez (JABQ04)
7. Luis Valbuena (mAgnoliAg)
8. Chris Carter (Houston Summit)
9. Jason Castro (coop-aero-06)

Astros Race for the Pennant Drinking Game Rules:

One shot for each base your player reaches. If at any point in the game an Astros player who isn't your assigned player hits a home run, you chug a beer. If it's a pinch hit home run, shotgun the beer.

Take a BIG drink for every strikeout by Kazmir.

Finish your drink every time the Astros turn a double play.

If Hinch wins a review, finish your drink.

After the win, keep drinking until each player has shaken every hand and returned back to the dugout. Have multiple beers ready for this.

Let's do this, fellas! What are y'all drinking?
rosco511
AG
This is a great article. Love the story about the wager on who would be first to get to .320.

https://www.si.com/sportsperson/2017/12/05/jose-altuve-2017-sportsperson-of-the-year-houston-astros
iBrad
AG
Ag_07 said:

This thread a perfect indicator of how incredibly slow and boring this "hot stove" season has been.
The Rangers have been busy trying to rebuild their team back to a .500 club. Outside of that, there's been very little movement. I think there are some high-priced free agents looking to land with a contender, but not a lot of contenders looking to add high-priced free agents. At this rate, it does get the feel of a market that favors the clubs.
Farmer1906
AG
Quote:

One shot for each base your player reaches. If at any point in the game an Astros player who isn't your assigned player hits a home run, you chug a beer. If it's a pinch hit home run, shotgun the beer.

Altuve had 323 bases this year. Are you trying to get me killed?
shano0603
AG
NotGibbs said:

Reading through some old posts, and I stumbled upon the Astros drinking game we played back in 2015. We'll definitely need to bring this back sometime next season

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/2611962/697#discussion

Quote:

texasaggie20158:43p, 9/30/15
*drumroll*

And here we go.....

2. George Springer (texasaggie2015)
3. Carlos Correa (McGibblets)
4. Evan Gattis (Ag_07)
5. Colby Rasmus (shano0603)
6. Carlos Gomez (JABQ04)
7. Luis Valbuena (mAgnoliAg)
8. Chris Carter (Houston Summit)
9. Jason Castro (coop-aero-06)

Take a BIG drink for every strikeout by Kazmir.

Finish your drink every time the Astros turn a double play.

If Hinch wins a review, finish your drink.

After the win, keep drinking until each player has shaken every hand and returned back to the dugout. Have multiple beers ready for this.

Let's do this, fellas! What are y'all drinking?

It was a simpler time
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
Bring it
bearkatag15
AG
MLB.com now reporting it as well..

DVC2010
AG
I really like Stanton. I don't want anything to do with his contract, but how fun would it be to have a pregame MVP award ceremony for both 2017 MVPs?
Mr.Bond
AG
Only downside is as stated, how would it affect our future negotiations with our core group. Plus I'm assuming Kyle Tucker would be the focal piece in the deal?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

agdaddy04
AG
Man I'm not sure my wallet could handle another World Series run.

Ah hell. Let's do it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.