Astros offseason thread

337,116 Views | 2990 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by spadilly
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Parlaying all Houston teams to win championships. Millions gonna come to me

I know which one will ruin that parlay
The Milkman
AG
tjholley17 said:

SIAP:
"Ryan said the Astros will relocate the division title and Wild Card banners that are currently below the lights in left field to another part of the park, keeping only the 2005 National League championship pennant and '17 World Series championship banner in that spot."

I'm interested to see where in the park the banners are being moved to.
I like this move. The Wild Cards and Division titles are nice and all... but those are B league banners now. Keep the prime location clear for league and world champion banners
Wabs
AG
The Milkman said:

tjholley17 said:

SIAP:
"Ryan said the Astros will relocate the division title and Wild Card banners that are currently below the lights in left field to another part of the park, keeping only the 2005 National League championship pennant and '17 World Series championship banner in that spot."

I like this move. The Wild Cards and Division titles are nice and all... but those are B league banners now. Keep the prime location clear for league and world champion banners
And leave alot of room for multiple banners....
Farmer1906
AG
I want something small and tasteful like this.

Farmer1906
AG

The Cards do it well. When you get a few more I think something like this would be nice.
Wabs
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The Cards do it well. When you get a few more I think something like this would be nice.
I'd have no problem stealing ideas (or anything) from STL.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I like the year you picked for the Cards...
TREX01
The Astros are the only team with a legit chance. Harden will quit in the playoffs again when things get hard.
Farmer1906
AG
Simmer down on the Harden hate.
BowSowy
AG
I'd also be in favor of putting "HOUSTON ASTROS WORLD CHAMPIONS" on a billboard right outside that stadium in Arlington.
zgood10
AG
Ag_07
AG
So the more I hear about this Whitley situation the more questions I have.

Apparently based on the MiLB drug protocol the only way you can get 50 for a stimulant is if you fail 2 tests. Apparently the first failed test is a freebie but you're entered into a sampling program. After the 2nd one you get 50 games.

So if this was a one off accidental situation what happened the first time? And if he knew he was in a testing program then he's a bigger idiot for taking some unknown stimulant.

Just starting to not add up.
TREX01
Guess we are grooming White for 2B so he will ready when we trade Tuve.
Ag_07
AG
Hinch said yesterday that Yuli will be getting PT at all four infield positions this Spring.

We'll go to a middle infield of Altuve and Correa to White and Gurriel.

At that point TEX may stand a chance to win the division.
TREX01
I think we could play Fisher at 2B and the Rangers still wouldn't have a chance.
3B Paul 97
AG
AccidentProne said:

Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a great offseason. Just wanted to swing by and let y'all know that my coupon code for discount tickets for Rangers games will be active again, just in case any of y'all wander up to Arlington this season, which I suspect a lot of you will for opening weekend.

The code this year is texags18.

As always, if you have any questions about anything ticket related, feel free to shoot me a PM or you can email me directly at jchance at texasrangers .com

Good Bull, AP. See ya on the trash talk thread.
iBrad
AG
Ag_07 said:

So the more I hear about this Whitley situation the more questions I have.

Apparently based on the MiLB drug protocol the only way you can get 50 for a stimulant is if you fail 2 tests. Apparently the first failed test is a freebie but you're entered into a sampling program. After the 2nd one you get 50 games.

So if this was a one off accidental situation what happened the first time? And if he knew he was in a testing program then he's a bigger idiot for taking some unknown stimulant.

Just starting to not add up.
That's only for drugs of abuse. PEDs, stimulants, and other violations (possession of a syringe, etc.) are disciplined after one failed test or violation.

The wording in the MLB release still seems a little strange, though. Almost always they'll say what the suspension is for (second failed test for drug of abuse, stimulant, PED, etc.). Because they didn't, I wonder if it's something else and the tweets about the stimulant are just total BS.

If you test positive for a drug of abuse, you are required to comply with a mandatory evaluation or treatment program. If you fail to comply, it's a a 50-game suspension. It seems like that scenario would be appropriate to describe simply as "a violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program."

It's unlikely that we'll ever get the actual story, so it's all guessing at this point.
The Milkman
AG
zgood10 said:

So Verlander lost his ace spot to Rogelio Armenteros. Clearly clubhouse turmoil. We are done. Pack it up. Season is over.
shano0603
AG
tjholley17 said:

SIAP:

Gotta make more room for all the new banners coming over the next few years.
Ag_07
AG
Then it sounds like I what heard isn't completely accurate.

Either way the point being that the more we hear the more this doesn't sound like a cut and dry random one time slip up.

Hope it's something both he and the club have under control and can nip before it turns into a real issue.
irish pete ag06
AG
AccidentProne said:

Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a great offseason. Just wanted to swing by and let y'all know that my coupon code for discount tickets for Rangers games will be active again, just in case any of y'all wander up to Arlington this season, which I suspect a lot of you will for opening weekend.

The code this year is texags18.

As always, if you have any questions about anything ticket related, feel free to shoot me a PM or you can email me directly at jchance at texasrangers .com
Thanks AP
zgood10
AG
Game is on ATTSN and MLB Network tomorrow -

Anyone know if we can still watch on the At Bat app using cable provider info? The ATTSN app doesn't have Uverse listed.
college of AG
AG
Is it on mlb.tv?
spadilly
S
klsmith89
AG
Can't wait for Spring ball to start, and certainly can't wait until Opening day
Mathguy64
AG
That picture cracks me up. 4 guys worth millions, 4 hot chicks including maybe the most recognized model on the planet. In tuxedos and evening dresses and in a private jet. And there are two pizza boxes on the tables.
zgood10
maca1028
Just noticed there are guys in that pic. Who's the dude behind verlander? Why isn't Mrs. Gerrit Cole there?
Mathguy64
AG
Lance. Dude. Smile.
Bobcat-Ag
When will Tony Kemp be free to get some playing time in the MLB? I think he could translate and be a solid contributor. Probably won't be in Houston, so what do you think will happen? Will we trade him? Will he just leave via free agency? How does he get a real chance?
Mr.Ackar07
Bobcat-Ag said:

When will Tony Kemp be free to get some playing time in the MLB? I think he could translate and be a solid contributor. Probably won't be in Houston, so what do you think will happen? Will we trade him? Will he just leave via free agency? How does he get a real chance?
When we let Altuve walk as a FA
NotGibbs
We've got baseball today, gentlemen
zgood10
AG
NotGibbs said:

AustinCountyAg
1,3,...aw **** it. wood, wood, wood, wood
CFTXAG10
AG
NotGibbs said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.