Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,597 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
aggiesherpa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not very well versed in the local politics, what does Jenkins have to gain by keeping the "doom and gloom" narrative going?
TexasAggie008
AG

"In college at Baylor, Jenkins continued to distinguish himself dubiously. He was arrested twice, once for reckless driving after he led Baylor security and Waco police on a car chase he'd planned and a second time for criminal trespassing in a women's dorm during a panty raid. Strangely enough, he was never arrested for his role as the famous Baylor Pie Man, a hit man for a student-organized ring that offered to throw pies in people's facesprofessors, ex-boyfriendsfor a fee."
TexasAggie008
AG
Alleged blood on Abbots hands - he thinks he's going to be governor

Cute right
Phat32
AG
Clay Jenkins will never have even a sniff of governor. What a dumbass.
Trucker 96
He's been milking the fear and publicity for all its worth. Maybe eyeballing a run at governor, but even if not gov, there are a lot more options to milk a higher Dem office out of this thing. I will be completely shocked if we dont see him running for something higher soon.
aggiesherpa
AG
Thanks!
Bob Knights Paper Hands

We can discuss his possible motives, but it's clear he is trying to make it look worse than it is. Here he tries to spin this to make people assume the number of positive tests is up without an increase in the number of testing.
Trucker 96
Yeah, his capacity spin is utter nonsense. That is straight up fearmongering and hoping this blows up on the governor when a real leader would be trying to instill a combo of confidence and caution
hph6203
AG
Some people just have a face that screams "Dunning Kruger Effect" and Clay Jenkins has the prototype.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Capacity only matters if you are running at it. I tweeted him back, asking, politely, what percentage of capacity we're at. No reply.
Hood
AG
Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Here's a COVID dashboard for Texas only.

One of the pages has Trauma Service Area (TSA) Hospital Data. We are all in TSA E. TSA E has 7.8 million people within it. The number of active COVID patients in TSA E is 611.

611 active COVID patients in North Central Texas.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83
Yesterday's active COVID patient number is 636.
Yesterday's active COVD patient number is 530!

That's a day over day drop of 106 people. I would not have expected a drop that big. I would expect phase II to begin on time two Friday/Mondays from now - whenever it was originally scheduled.
TSA E (7,888,098 Texans) latest number is 513 COVID patients.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Appears that the Blue Angels will do a flyover of Dallas and Fort Worth either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Looks like this was all worth it.
Fitch
AG
Data as of 4/3/20, as published by the Texas DSHS. One point to note, it takes at least a day for the counties to report their stats and for those to be posted to the state website

double aught
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Appears that the Blue Angels will do a flyover of Dallas and Fort Worth either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Looks like this was all worth it.
Thunderbirds too!

Edit: Just kidding. News reports that it's just Blue Angels. Thunderbirds flew with them in previous cities.
Hood
AG
Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

One of the pages has Trauma Service Area (TSA) Hospital Data. We are all in TSA E. TSA E has 7.8 million people within it. The number of active COVID patients in TSA E is 611.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83

That's a day over day drop of 106 people. I would not have expected a drop that big. I would expect phase II to begin on time two Friday/Mondays from now - whenever it was originally scheduled.
TSA E (7,888,098 Texans) latest number is 674 COVID patients. Welp, T&Ps to all of you who crowded into all of those TexMex restaurants. I HOPE YOUR DELICIOUS MARGARITAS ON THE ROCKS WAS WORTH IT.
DFWTLR
AG
That's a huge jump in one day, almost a third of the previous day, wonder if there's an error? The Mayors report had an error over the weekend, they reported 370 vents when it should have only been 317. He corrected it yesterday on twitter.
powerbelly
AG
Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

TSA E (7,888,098 Texans) latest number is 674 COVID patients. Welp, T&Ps to all of you who crowded into all of those TexMex restaurants. I HOPE YOUR DELICIOUS MARGARITAS ON THE ROCKS WAS WORTH IT.
They were.
TexasAggie008
AG
powerbelly said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

They were.

Hitting rustic this pm
2wealfth Man
AG
Can someone in Dallas Co. please tell us the number of tests the new cases resulted from. That is the only meaningful context for those numbers. Testing surely has got to be ramping up with the new testing centers opening (in spite of what Dr. Huang says).
Hood
AG
The rate is pretty close to what it was on 5/2. It could be weekend reporting, for sure.

The whole point of reporting that is that it's small relative to the population and well below what we can handle in the area.
John Francis Donaghy
DFWTLR said:

That's a huge jump in one day, almost a third of the previous day, wonder if there's an error? The Mayors report had an error over the weekend, they reported 370 vents when it should have only been 317. He corrected it yesterday on twitter.

Low weekend numbers have been catching up on Tuesdays all along.
DFWTLR
AG
The County is only reporting that there has not been an increase in their testing (AAC, Ellis Fieldhouse, Mobile Units) which are 1,000 per day. On the link below under additional data you can see tests per county and check daily to determine the daily testing if you were bored, but as of today Dallas County has tested over 30,000. you would still be guessing at which day the positives came from though since there's a 4-7 day lag in results.

I had a video conference with my Dr and they are screening just about anyone with a fever if the patients wants to go through with the test, so there doesn't seem to be a shortage of testing locally.
agcrock2005
AG
Coronavirus death toll in US projected to double as restrictions ease, key model predicts

Another stupid ass model to look back on and think "why the F#&$ did we pay attention to that"? Someone tag me in August when we're at 135,000 deaths. I know everyone that tests positive to this and dies of something else is going into the numbers but that's still going to be inflated.

Time to go back to work before too late.
FincAg
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

powerbelly said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

Hood said:

They were.

Hitting rustic this pm

Such a badass renegade.
Phat32
AG
3rd day of record numbers.
Trucker 96
because we're testing more than ever. hospital numbers, that's what I want to see
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Thread on politics board, but the salon owner we talked about got 7 days in jail for defying the restraining order
Trucker 96
Wozlaw said:

Thread on politics board, but the salon owner we talked about got 7 days in jail for defying the restraining order
Just saw this on the news. Total BS. He would have let her go if she said she was selfish, which is a bull**** ask. Her response is I'm not saying I'm selfish for trying to make sure I can feed my kids.
752bro4
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Wozlaw said:

Just saw this on the news. Total BS. He would have let her go if she said she was selfish, which is a bull**** ask. Her response is I'm not saying I'm selfish for trying to make sure I can feed my kids.
She was doing this more for attention and to be a martyr than to put food on her table.
Trucker 96
Don't care. Fine her more if you want. Putting her in jail is about the most counterproductive thing I could imagine if he's concerned about "safety". I'd argue the judge is guilty of plenty of prideful posturing himself.
John Francis Donaghy
Quote:

I'd argue the judge is guilty of plenty of prideful posturing himself.

First time seeing a judge in action, eh?
Trucker 96
Obviously not, but if this particular one ends up coughing his lungs up in the coming months, let's just say I won't be shedding a tear.
2wealfth Man
AG
Jail, WTH. They are letting folks out of jail down in Harris County plus that is a COVID ripe environment. . How about house arrest maybe?
Trucker 96
That would be the levelheaded approach. We're embracing a touch of our inner tyrant these days
Ag CPA
AG
Wozlaw said:

Let me guess, they were upset by it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.