Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,520 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Hincemm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8 weeks imo...we shall see.
752bro4
AG
https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/richardson/coronavirus/2020/03/23/breaking-richardson-issues-mandatory-shelter-in-place-order-through-april-30/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Community_Impact_Richardson

April 30 for Richardson
Agnzona
These dates they keep making have nothing to do with an end date but are when legal authorizations expire. They will just be continuously renewed.
wangus12
AG
yukmonkey said:

No ****ing way. For a 1% killer? Go **** yourself Clay.

My favorite was how he understands the economical impact. Pretty sure he is still drawing a paycheck while I'm waiting to hear if were getting paid right now since our clinic is closed
Fannie Luddite
AG
Jenkins should not get re-elected for no other reason than being extremely boring during pressers.
GarryowenAg
AG
Looks like Fort Worth will be under a shelter-in-place soon. Betsy Price just posted an awful "teaser" about an announcement tomorrow at 9am.
agcrock2005
AG
752bro4 said:

https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/richardson/coronavirus/2020/03/23/breaking-richardson-issues-mandatory-shelter-in-place-order-through-april-30/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Community_Impact_Richardson

April 30 for Richardson
That's crazy...this is what happens when people have aspirations to BE in politics rather than working and then thinking they could better their community by SERVING in politics. I better be back working in 5 weeks. Love the elderly but nobody is dying (very small percentage compared to population) and it's insane to collapse our economy for such a miniscule population.
culdeus
AG
Tell the olds to stay home and out of the way. Problem 99.8% solved.

Richardson city council was run by a stay at home mom turned felon. How do they have any real authorization to do anything?
TexasAggie008
AG
Soon there will be rioting and it will all take care of itself

People are starting to wake up
agcrock2005
AG
And now Tarrant County...
AG
Seemed normalish this morning. I guess everyone is an essential employee somewhere?
AgBQ-00
AG
Goes into effect tonight midnight. With the amount of essential businesses not sure how effective it will be
agcrock2005
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Goes into effect tonight midnight. With the amount of essential businesses not sure how effective it will be
True. Just asked my buddy who owns landscape company what it was going to do to them and he said they were essential. People like me that can't stand sitting at home are going to go to the grocery store about 14 times a day too so not sure how helpful that's going to be either.
nai06
AG
seems like the only place that isn't considered essential is a clothing or retail store that doesn't sell groceries. Everything else is essential.
walton91
Did anyone watch the Collin County press conference? I had it on in the background while working but wasn't really paying attention. Did they say that all businesses are essential and they will leave it up to the individual businesses to determine if they can remain open? That would seem to be a departure from other declarations, but I may have heard incorrectly
Ol Jock 99
AG
nai06 said:

seems like the only place that isn't considered essential is a clothing or retail store that doesn't sell groceries. Everything else is essential.

Manufacturing isn't.
The Collective
AG
Depends on what you manufacture.
nai06
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

nai06 said:

Manufacturing isn't.
From the Dallas County order

Quote:

essential manufacturing operations provided that they carry out those services or that work in compliance with social distancing requirements of six feet, to the extent possible.
Seems like you could make the arguement that whatever you are manufacturing is essential. Hell, even my Father in Law is going to work and he's a fiance manager at a car dealership. They are open because they have an attached service dept.

WeWork could even stay open because it functions as a center where businesses or individuals receive mail.

The order doesn't prevent you from going outside for a walk, run, hike, or bike ride as long as you keep 6ft from others.

Im not trying to argue with you, it just seems like just about any business can make a case that they are essential.
tysker
AG
nai06 said:

Salons are not essential. I guess hygiene is no longer required or desired.
AggieFrog
AG
I Have Spoken said:

Depends on what you manufacture.

Correct. If you support the DoD for example (Lockheed for example).
double aught
AG
Personally, I'm able to practice good hygiene without the aid of a salon.
tysker
AG
double aught said:

Personally, I'm able to practice good hygiene without the aid of a salon.
Me too but many jobs require clean haircuts. And there are lots of old and unhealthy people don't have the ability to cut their own nails, especially toe nails. There are medical benefits from some salon services.

I would argue (as others have stated) there is no such thing as an 'unessential job.'
TexasAggie008
AG
Pretty comical that you can't get a flippin haircut

At least Colin county is still in business for that right
Objective Aggie
AG
Friend has a brother in law in Dallas who took a turn for the worse with COVID19. Not sure how old. I would guess 50. Says he was in good health.
The Collective
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Eh....

1) It's pretty easy to give up (we all like looking nice, but a haircut is certainly not a necessity)
2) It's about as intimate a setting as any service out there given you have somebody hovering over you for 15 minutes (or, if you're my wife - an hour)
3) Who are you trying to impress - we're all locked down at home for the most part....
fav13andac1)c
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

My wife cut both my hair and our son's this weekend. Not perfect, but it gets the job done for Zoom meetings.
AggieFrog
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

TexasAggie008 said:

My wife cut both my hair and our son's this weekend. Not perfect, but it gets the job done for Zoom meetings.

We've been doing most all of our haircuts at home for years. Between myself and sons, saves $60/month.
Agnzona
AggieFrog said:

fav13andac1)c said:

TexasAggie008 said:

We've been doing most all of our haircuts at home for years. Between myself and sons, saves $60/month.
I'm doing the Movember not shaving thing now, my first day back at work will be whatever I look like and then I will get a shave and haircut!
fav13andac1)c
AG
AggieFrog said:

fav13andac1)c said:

TexasAggie008 said:

Thinking about moving to this as well.
tysker
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

TexasAggie008 said:

My brother and his friends used a Flowbee back in high school. Apparently they're still around and made in Kerrville!
Bones08
AG
Quinn
AG
Hincemm said:

8 weeks imo...we shall see.

I agree. I think we're doing this through April. We really need super expanded testing so that those who were asymptomatic can get past it and get back to work/normal life, but it seems unlikely that will happen.
Comeby!
AG
Saw it. When the questions got dicey I could tell where it was going. I guess they thought they could hide the pea.

Either way, no haircut or shaving here.

I had to provide an "Critical Infrastructure Identification" document for our personnel. Unique to each person with QR code that links to DHS documentation. We are an oil and gas producer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The kids and I drove to pick up WB for lunch. While traffic was much lighter, looks like the only "non-essential" businesses were the strip club and a pool building company.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.