Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,134 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
DFWTLR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
double aught said:

Not my experience whatsoever.

I'm in North Dallas and see at most 50% only at target. Bars and restaurants are next to zero patrons and maybe 50% staff.
Phat32
AG
Costco just started requiring masks again.

Outside of that, the only places I've seen them in majority have been Uber/Lyft.
Old Buffalo
AG
Central market today was required. ~95% compliance.

They weren't enforcing it though.
riverrataggie
AG
double aught said:

Not my experience whatsoever.

Get better experiences. I just went to ace, out to eat and grocery store. Maybe 5 masks. I live in Lakewood

I'm not counting servers, they do it Bc of social media crowd. I look at patrons, etc and honestly maybe 10% if that wear them. Time to take them off. Go back to normal.

This is ****ing stupid and everyone knows it.
double aught
AG
Other people wearing masks doesn't effect my experience one way or the other. Just mentioning what I see. Target in Richardson. Kroger in east Dallas. Starbucks in Oak Cliff. Paw Patrol exhibit at Camp. Masks, masks, masks, masks. Sorry if this upsets you.
Post removed:
by user
Ol Jock 99
AG
The 7 day rolling average is finally falling off the cliff. Daily deaths have ticked up, but that's to be expected I suppose. Anecdotally, hospitals seem better.

https://urbanpolicyresearch.org/covid19/county-data-dashboard/
duck79
AG
Obviously it's because if lord clays mask mandate. He single handedly saved all of north Texas.

It is great to finally see the cases dropping. Hopefully this was the last big hill. We have had 3 kids on my sons baseball team out this year in the past month and none ever got it last year.
YouBet
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/ut-southwestern-dallas-county-covid-hospitalizations-peak-next-rise-tarrant/287-5eff5b75-cdbd-4174-94f9-8d0c25666dae

Look at the actual quotes in this article from some of UTSW's resident "experts"; its a f'king cult....

"If you ask me like a week ago where I said I said we pretty dire we are accelerating at a very fast rate in terms of specially in hospitalizations," Dr. Mujeeb Basit, the associate director of the clinical informatics center at UT Southwestern said. "What we're seeing is more people are wearing masks. More people are socially distancing, and more people are getting vaccinated."

"Stopping the transmission of that one person, can you know a month from now impact potentially a lot of people," he said. "Even small differences in terms of mask wearing that may prevent that one person from getting infected has enormous benefit to society."

"It's not saying don't do anything and stay at home, but really think about the activities that you're going to do to try to reduce that interaction and keep your loved ones safe."

"Specifically for this weekend, if you had contact with a lot of people please get tested. That can help us a lot in controlling the spread," Nandy said. "If we test and someone tests positive then we can isolate that individual early and that goes a long way in controlling the spread."
My god that is ridiculous. So much gaslighting and complete disassociation from reality.
Old Buffalo
AG
Starbucks (a liberal bastion) on Greenville today:

Masks suggested
15 non-maskers
3 maskers

Yep, Clay's mandates are driving it!!!
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Phat32
AG
If 1 more person wears a mask than before the mandate, then technically he's correct.
Texker
AG
T-Mobile store was fully masked.
Keegan99
AG
Chipotle at Greenville and Southwestern was similar.
Old Buffalo
AG
I COULD HAVE MET KEEGAN IN REAL LIFE TODAY!

But we opted for the Thai place.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
TexasAggie008
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

yep, this has been happening since the start.......the UTSW "Weekly Projection" scheme basically is:

-over-shoot projected hospitalizations by an ungodly amount

-coordinate with DMN/local media to elevate these doomsday projections and scare the hell out of the masses

-reward the scared masses whenever #s inevitably plateau / fall by providing updated quotes to the press stating that this #curveflattening is happening because of Dallas' loyal subjects' adherence to supreme leader Clay and Dr. Huang's expert guidance (masks masks and more masks!)

Example from yesterday:

Gee I wonder what we'd find if we checked in on this tweet / article from September 6th? At the time they noted:

Dallas Co hospitalizations = 1,017 people
Tarrant Co = 1,162 people.

Then got into the #sciencexpert projections from UTSW for each county:

Scientific Expert Projection:
In their latest model, forecasters at UT Southwestern Medical Center predict a modest increase in the county's hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the coming days, followed by a slight drop-off to the current level of about 1,000 by Sept. 23. A week ago, the model had forecast 1,200 hospitalizations by Sept. 16.

Actual Result:
Dallas Co's latest hospitalization data, page 10 here - https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/hhs/2019-nCoV/C-19-risklevelmgmt/093021-DallasCounty-COVID-19-Hospitalization-Data.pdf - shows the peak topped out at a hair over 1,000 around Sep 10, was in the low 900s by Sept. 16 and closer to 800 by Sep 23. As of yesterday - down to 648.

Tarrant County, however, faces a continued increase in hospitalizations for several weeks, according to the model, with 1,400 expected by Sept. 23. Last week's model predicted 1,300 hospitalized patients by Sept. 16.

Actual Result:
Tarrant Co data - https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/public-health/disease-control---prevention/COVID-19.html - shows that instead of "a continued increase in hospitalizations for several weeks", the peak actually occurred the same week this article was written - topping out right over 1,200. Sept. 16 was around 1,150, and Sep 23 was around 1,000. As of yesterday - down to 830.
TexasAggie008
AG

riverrataggie
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

TexasAggie008 said:

yep, this has been happening since the start.......the UTSW "Weekly Projection" scheme basically is:

-over-shoot projected hospitalizations by an ungodly amount

-coordinate with DMN/local media to elevate these doomsday projections and scare the hell out of the masses

-reward the scared masses whenever #s inevitably plateau / fall by providing updated quotes to the press stating that this #curveflattening is happening because of Dallas' loyal subjects' adherence to supreme leader Clay and Dr. Huang's expert guidance (masks masks and more masks!)

Example from yesterday:

Gee I wonder what we'd find if we checked in on this tweet / article from September 6th? At the time they noted:

Dallas Co hospitalizations = 1,017 people
Tarrant Co = 1,162 people.

Then got into the #sciencexpert projections from UTSW for each county:

In their latest model, forecasters at UT Southwestern Medical Center predict a modest increase in the county's hospitalized COVID-19 patients in the coming days, followed by a slight drop-off to the current level of about 1,000 by Sept. 23. A week ago, the model had forecast 1,200 hospitalizations by Sept. 16.

Actual Result:
Dallas Co's latest hospitalization data, page 10 here - https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/hhs/2019-nCoV/C-19-risklevelmgmt/093021-DallasCounty-COVID-19-Hospitalization-Data.pdf - shows the peak topped out at a hair over 1,000 around Sep 10, was in the low 900s by Sept. 16 and closer to 800 by Sep 23. As of yesterday - down to 648.

Tarrant County, however, faces a continued increase in hospitalizations for several weeks, according to the model, with 1,400 expected by Sept. 23. Last week's model predicted 1,300 hospitalized patients by Sept. 16.

Actual Result:
Tarrant Co data - https://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/public-health/disease-control---prevention/COVID-19.html - shows that instead of "a continued increase in hospitalizations for several weeks", the peak actually occurred the same week this article was written - topping out right over 1,200. Sept. 16 was around 1,150, and Sep 23 was around 1,000. As of yesterday - down to 830.

They have been and will continue to be wrong. I can't even count anymore how many times they have been wrong. Every time I hear the word model even at work, I just shut down and don't believe anything. These people are a disgrace and have completely lied so many times that I fear if anything is important in the future nobody will listen.

They brought this on themselves.
DFWTLR
AG
They don't care, they have people believing them and covid is now their religion.
FincAg
AG
Do you all get this upset when meteorologists are wrong?
Ol Jock 99
AG
FincAg said:

Speaking of!

https://www.lhofest.net/
FincAg
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

FincAg said:

Speaking of!

https://www.lhofest.net/

EXACTLY!
riverrataggie
AG
FincAg said:

No because they don't shut down businesses
Phat32
AG
riverrataggie said:

FincAg said:

No because they don't shut down businesses

Or make people lose their jobs
YouBet
AG
FincAg said:

Apples and Moose.
FincAg
AG
Well pardon me for not following the hysteria as closely as others. I hadn't heard of mass layoffs, forced shutdowns, etc due to something Jenkins or UTSW recently tweeted.
DFWTLR
AG
Restaurants, bars, gyms, movie theaters, etc would disagree.

Elected officials and what should be a trusted medical institution should be held to a standard. ISD's, governments, and businesses are making idiotic rules because of these garbage models and opinions of a county judge. But keep voting for him.
FincAg
AG
I never voted for him.
YouBet
AG
SWA has jumped on the vaccine mandate bandwagon. Get vaxxed or get fired by Dec8.
planoaggie123
AG
YouBet said:

SWA has jumped on the vaccine mandate bandwagon. Get vaxxed or get fired by Dec8.

You can just go find a new job...
The Collective
AG
YouBet said:

Start your own airline.
Phat32
AG
Based on the date, my guess is they got wrapped into the federal contractor nonsense.
AggieFactor
AG
Good news for the data watchers, the testing labs have started to catch back up and these daily reports are going to be a lot more accurate going forward .Bad news for Daddy Clay because he is not going to have his large daily totals to report anymore and try to scare everyone. Daily average is almost back to the beginning of July and probably in the next few weeks be back below 100. All the covid testing sites I would drive by that had 1/4 mile lines a month ago are empty again.

planoaggie123
AG
I drive by a testing site on my way home....vacant restaurant parking lot....about a month ago you could not squeeze another car in the lot and there was a back up on the road (worst on Mondays/Tuesdays).

Lately, less than 10 cars each day.

Good sign!
Quinn
AG
I noticed the same thing about the drive through testing sites. The one at NW Hwy and Abrams in Dallas was packed all the time for two months, but for the last week or two it's been pretty slow. Good to see.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Delta is done. Anecdotally, I know more folks that lost family to it than the rest combined, which is a bit odd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.