Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

406,488 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasAggie008
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The problem is he is on team virus.
Goose
AG
riverrataggie said:

Nah, he's on team Clay. He's a personal injury attorney and a politician; can't get much more all-about-me than that.
riverrataggie
AG
Goose said:

riverrataggie said:

Nah, he's on team Clay. He's a personal injury attorney and a politician; can't get much more all-about-me than that.

Good point.
TexasAggie008
AG
FYI:

Ol Jock 99
AG
https://urbanpolicyresearch.org/covid19/county-data-dashboard/

Delta is done and buried.
TexasAggie008
AG
But but … holiday gatherings ! New variants !
Carlo4
AG
Drove from SW Fort Worth to Addison for some errands and ate lunch at a Wing Stop… or at least I tried.

Inside dining still banned. Really surprised me.
TexasAggie008
AG

Clay says f restaurants and businesses during the holiday season even though we're down to 200 cases a day

What a complete and utter failure of a human being
riverrataggie
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Clay says f restaurants and businesses during the holiday season even though we're down to 200 cases a day

What a complete and utter failure of a human being

What do the holidays have to do with anything. It's been shown they really don't impact much of anything.

FCJ
BIMS O1
AG
Carlo4 said:

Drove from SW Fort Worth to Addison for some errands and ate lunch at a Wing Stop… or at least I tried.

I think that is code for we can't hire enough people to staff the place.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GAC06
AG
Or they realize that the dining room isn't as profitable as just doing takeout and delivery
TexasAggie008
AG

All he asks is that you CONSIDER masking in private indoor settings this Thanksgiving weekend

See, he's a reasonable guy after all
Carlo4
AG
BIMS O1 said:

Carlo4 said:

I think that is code for we can't hire enough people to staff the place.

Agree at a true sit down restaurant, but this is a "fast food" type experience. There is no wait staff at a place like that. I think they realize they make as much money without it and simply don't give a crap anymore.
The Collective
AG
Mixing vaccines? Eff that, I'll limit my risk to the one I rolled the dice with already.
YouBet
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

All he asks is that you CONSIDER masking in private indoor settings this Thanksgiving weekend

See, he's a reasonable guy after all
Consider kissing my ass, Clay!
BoomGoesThe
TexasAggie008 said:

Who are the people that still listen to and follow this guy's advice?
double aught
AG
I think there are fewer and fewer of them as time goes on.
Phat32
AG
There's not a chance that Clay does this in his own household.
Ol Jock 99
AG
double aught said:

He's up for re-election, so I guess we'll see. I'm not hopeful.
YouBet
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

double aught said:

He's up for re-election, so I guess we'll see. I'm not hopeful.
He's a Democrat incumbent in a county that is solid blue. He will win bigly.
double aught
AG
Why is judge a partisan (or even elected) position anyway?
TexasAggie008
AG
Our best bet is that another democratic candidate is put forth...maybe one who more closely reflects the make up of the community...so someone whose, I dunno- not a lily-white HP lawyer that went to Baylor?

Maybe JWP owes someone a favor who he could throw his support behind...Literally anyone will do as long as they've tweeted about masks less than 500 times since March 2020.

ChipFTAC01
AG
double aught said:

Why is judge a partisan (or even elected) position anyway?

Because he's not a judge in a typical black robe judicial sense. He's just the chief executive for Dallas County like a mayor or governor.
TexasAggie008
AG
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view

Hey, look at that - Dallas County is now only "moderate" spread (below the CDC threshold for #maskingup). Any moment now I'm guessing the County will align with the scientific guidelines.
YouBet
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Our best bet is that another democratic candidate is put forth...maybe one who more closely reflects the make up of the community...so someone whose, I dunno- not a lily-white HP lawyer that went to Baylor?

Maybe JWP owes someone a favor who he could throw his support behind...Literally anyone will do as long as they've tweeted about masks less than 500 times since March 2020.

A little surprised he's not running for governor.
riverrataggie
AG
YouBet said:

TexasAggie008 said:

A little surprised he's not running for governor.

You shut your mouth. This is how hard working stupid people get bad ideas.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well, it appears that the latest bump is starting. The % positive as jumped back up over the 5% mark for the first time in a month+ and cases are rising. Much more of an annoyance than a risk, but I'm ready for this BS to be over. Oh well.

https://urbanpolicyresearch.org/covid19/county-data-dashboard/
Bonfire1996
AG
It's over when you decide to return to normal life. It's been over for 18 months here in the hill country
LSB_2002
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

It's over when you decide to return to normal life. It's been over for 18 months here in the hill country
IT IS FINISHED!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well see, up here in the Metroplex (double checks to make sure we're on that board....and we are), there are still lots of places that require masks. Not to mention travel and such. I'm looking forward to it being done-done. And it isn't.
Phat32
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Well see, up here in the Metroplex (double checks to make sure we're on that board....and we are), there are still lots of places that require masks. Not to mention travel and such. I'm looking forward to it being done-done. And it isn't.
Who requires masks? I have not been anywhere in the Metroplex in months that cares.
Bonfire1996
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Your compliance is optional. They either want your money or don't. If you were truly ready for it to be done, you'd already be done.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Dallas "Summer" Musicals
DSO
Museums (big and small)
A few restaurants (which is silly, but whatever)

Airlines of course. We have several flights coming up and I'd LOVE to do done with that thing.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Your compliance is optional. They either want your money or don't. If you were truly ready for it to be done, you'd already be done.
My participation is optional. If I choose to participate, and the place requires it, I will comply. And I will not live in fear of a mask to change my participation in certain things.
Phat32
AG
Which restaurants? I have not been to one in months that requires them. Just because they have a posted sign does not mean the employees give a ****.

The first 3 are chock full of soft liberals, so that's to be expected. However, we went to the Perot and I walked around without a mask the entire time. You do not have to comply.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.