Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,537 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
riverrataggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
culdeus said:

duck79 said:

We just got a call that my 2nd grade daughter had direct exposure and must stay home for 14 days. However my 4th grade son can go to school.
Contact of contact has never been required to quarantine per CDC.

Hospitals nurses aren't even required to quarantine after being exposed. The whole thing is a sham and likely the major super spreaders are hospitals themselves.
Hood
AG
A lot of tut-tutting from the Party of Unity(TM) calling out Texas for being the first to one million cases.

Not to throw water on the celebration, but our hospital census still looks better than it did in the summer and appears to be shallowing in slope. This, of course, could change.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Hospitals in the more remote cities are not good at all. "Your local epidemiologist" had a good post on it earlier today.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.com/congratulations-texas/
Hood
AG
Thanks, Jock.

This makes sense if the rural areas avoided the summer peak but are surging now, thus straining their health networks while the state, overall, appears to be in better shape (more "normal" case rates in high population areas).
Post removed:
by user
Robert C. Christian
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Have you heard the latest from Supreme Leader Clay? No talking at Thanksgiving table to stay safe.

I think I will enforce this at my house. Totally unrelated, we are hosting my wife's extended family.
Post removed:
by user
duck79
AG
I can't wait to suggest a "quiet game competition" at thanksgiving. Wow
Tree Hugger
AG
I just moved to western Oregon and I was watching to local news this morning and they said one of the local school districts was closing because the spouse of a district employee had been diagnosed with COVID. The employee themselves works a position that doesn't involve contact with students.

A little overkill perhaps? They didn't mention the duration of the closing, but made it seem like it would be longer than it took just to sanitize the building(s).
Tree Hugger
AG
I will also add that I went to get some food from a place without ordering ahead. They had a table set up a few feet from the counter with chairs in front of the table to increase distance. When I presented my card to pay, I was asked to place my card on a specific part of the table and then back away.

When food was ready I was asked to remain behind the line until the employee had placed the bag on the table and then backed the counter until I should cross the line to retrieve my food.
cc_ag92
AG
The school thing definitely seems like overkill based on what you shared. Surely there's more to that story. If not, I don't understand that decision at all.

As for the restaurant, I've experienced that in Collin County. I don't think it's a bad idea. Maybe not necessary, but didn't really impact my experience, so it didn't bother me at all.
TexasAggie008
AG
https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/11/13/rising-covid-19-cases-dallas-county-judge-clay-jenkins-governor-greg-abbott-scaling-back-openings/

Clay = domestic terrorist
riverrataggie
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/11/13/rising-covid-19-cases-dallas-county-judge-clay-jenkins-governor-greg-abbott-scaling-back-openings/

Clay = domestic terrorist

Clay along with his modelers should be fired. They are more of a danger to the Dallas population than Covid.

Clay and his modelers need to read their own data.

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/covid-19/hhs-summary/COVID-19-DCHHS-Summary-111020.pdf
LisaMarie
AG
I really enjoy the suggestion to wait til the room is empty to blow out any candles, so one's disgusting Covid germs don't ricochet and kill everyone in the room
duck79
AG
My neighborhood is having a karaoke night tonight at the amenity center. Lord Clay would pass out if he saw it.
DFWTLR
AG
He'd have a stroke if he knew what went down at Gilley's last night, lol:

https://instagr.am/p/CHlGE3ojBHg
Post removed:
by user
Gil Renard
AG
Claytlin Jenner
Ag CPA
AG
Tree Hugger said:

I will also add that I went to get some food from a place without ordering ahead. They had a table set up a few feet from the counter with chairs in front of the table to increase distance. When I presented my card to pay, I was asked to place my card on a specific part of the table and then back away.

When food was ready I was asked to remain behind the line until the employee had placed the bag on the table and then backed the counter until I should cross the line to retrieve my food.
I've dealt with that in FW several times as well, usually smaller restaurants.
JR Ewingford
If Jenkins was my dad Id smash his head into a wall. Complete BS now.
FincAg
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Actually Clay is probably a rules for thee and not for me kind of guy. I bet he follows none of his own advice.

He and his staff are following the suggestions their office makes for the county. We live next to someone on his staff. I asked about this a while back and they are all completely aware that if they were to not follow their own guidelines, Jenkins and his staff would be ridiculed locally.

The way many of you all write, it is like reading quotes posted the Tears thread on Premium. Obsessed with twisted fan fiction to fir your line of thinking.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I can't stand Lord Clay, but this is 100% spot on.
YouBet
AG
FincAg said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Actually Clay is probably a rules for thee and not for me kind of guy. I bet he follows none of his own advice.

He and his staff are following the suggestions their office makes for the county. We live next to someone on his staff. I asked about this a while back and they are all completely aware that if they were to not follow their own guidelines, Jenkins and his staff would be ridiculed locally.

The way many of you all write, it is like reading quotes posted the Tears thread on Premium. Obsessed with twisted fan fiction to fir your line of thinking.
Can you ask your neighbor to ask Clay to make better suggestions in the first place?
Post removed:
by user
FincAg
AG
I have and I'm guessing that is why they have been following their own guidelines.
tysker
AG
What type of mask was your neighbor wearing when you spoke? Dallas country orders says cloth masks, scarfs and bandanas are adequate (against current CDC guidelines, and somewhat counter to this language noted later in the order "All people should follow CDC recommendations for how to wear and take off a mask.") and citizens should not purchase N95 or medical masks. There is also no family member expectation when out in public. By language of the order, anyone over ten should be wearing a mask when they cannot be more than 6 feet away from others, including family.

People are still more likely to get infected by having friends and family over indoors or in the backyard than out in the general public but yet all the rules and standards are written to protect people from random encounters. There are no rules about in home mask usage but it is still the location where most transmissions is occurring. It's bassackwards.

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/covid-19/orders-media/august/080420-Amended-SupplementalOrderonFaceMasking.pdf
Post removed:
by user
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Not getting caught is exponentially easier when the media is on your side.
JDL 96
FincAg said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

BS. CLay Jenkins tweeted a pic of him and his daughter at an EAR PIERCING SALON in late October, when he had Dallas County on max Red level: only leave home for absolute essentials, if absolutely necessary.
Ol Jock 99
AG
This are starting to get dicey at the big hospitals.
DFWTLR
AG
Numbers are obviously going up, but there seems to still be a lot of bed capacity in Tarrant County (1,168 beds available) and City of Dallas (1,547 available).

tysker
AG
Is the Ventilator in Use figure of significant importance anymore?
Ol Jock 99
AG
tysker said:

Is the Ventilator in Use figure of significant importance anymore?
Probably in some locations, but generally sure seems like not.
Phat32
AG
Without context (how many are usually used for other purposes), it is worthless.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.