Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,133 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Hood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Italy's 2nd wave cases vs. deaths is stark, too.

Cases about half of their March peak while deaths are a tiny, tiny fraction of this wave.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/
Ol Jock 99
AG
Simple hypothesis is that it got those most likely to die in Wave 1. Need more data to confirm though.

Being at either extreme (shut everything and no big deal) isn't useful. Truth, as normally is the case, is in the middle.
John Francis Donaghy
Better hypothesis is doctors have learned more about the disease and have developed better treatment protcols. Many people forget that the reason for "flattening the curve" was to buy time to learn and prepare, and in that sense it does seem to have been successful.

I recall one of the docs on the Carona Board saying their average length of hospital stay had decreased from something lime 2 weeks in the early stages to just a handful of days as treatments improved and docs learned more about how to prevent severe course. Much easier to handle large influxes in hospitals when the patients are in and out in a few days vs. Staying in beds for multiple weeks at a time.
TexasAggie008
AG
Per Clay's daily science update, "there were 276 covid-19 patients in acute care in Dallas County for the period ending on Monday, Oct 5"

That daily total has generally been in the 300s since late August, after being as high as the 800s each day during the July spike - but today marks the second reporting-day in a row that its in the 200s. Hasn't happened since...May maybe?

But nope, can't point that out, instead we get this:

Phat32
AG
I'd like to know which of these ridiculous recommendations that Clay does at his own him. My guess is none.
YouBet
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Per Clay's daily science update, "there were 276 covid-19 patients in acute care in Dallas County for the period ending on Monday, Oct 5"

That daily total has generally been in the 300s since late August, after being as high as the 800s each day during the July spike - but today marks the second reporting-day in a row that its in the 200s. Hasn't happened since...May maybe?

But nope, can't point that out, instead we get this:

Clay,
Consider going to f^ck yourself.
Hood
AG
Here's about a dozen or so graphs of cases vs. mask ordinance declarations.

Follow the science, Clay.

752bro4
AG

Stay Inside Outside?
riverrataggie
AG
Ole Clay is just not a smart man.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
So, poor ventilation is any building? Is that how you're supposed to read that one, Clay?
TexasAggie008
AG
We read ya loud and clear, Clay - the "science" basically says to watch football at katy trail ice house etc on their life-saving outdoor tv's as much as possible, so in the interest of public health, thats what we'll do

Think how many more lives can be saved when all outdoor bars are opened at full capacity...better get on that
Bottlerocket
AG
I hope everyone remembers all this when that moron runs for governor
Bottlerocket said:

I hope everyone remembers all this when that moron runs for governor

He shouldn't be holding any elected position.
TSUAggie
If you can catch this stupid virus due to poor ventilation, then wearing a flimsy piece of fabric isn't going to give you any protection. End this bull**** now and get on with life.
YouBet
AG
752bro4 said:

Stay Inside Outside?

Our next steps are clear then. Burn down all buildings and we all live in tent cities instead.

Cholera and dysentery are not as severe as COVID anyway.
Phat32
AG
I'm glad our dear leaders are keeping us from ever getting sick from anything again at the cost of all of our livelihoods. We'll be miserably poor but damnit if we won't be slightly likelier to avoid illness.
riverrataggie
AG
yukmonkey said:

I'm glad our dear leaders are keeping us from ever getting sick from anything again at the cost of all of our livelihoods. We'll be miserably poor but damnit if we won't be slightly likelier to avoid illness.

Yeah, increasing poverty to increase health Is such a strong case.
YouBet
AG
It's pretty incredible. And then you read about what California is rolling out to effectively keep their state locked down in perpetuity and you see the real agenda here.....tyranny and absolute control over the populace.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Agreed, which makes me even more skeptical of political polls when one candidate has a hard on for more lockdowns, yet is somehow ahead by double digits. I did a quick search, but couldn't find much on recent public support for lockdowns, but saw some articles from May showing support had declined quite a bit. I can only imagine the polls in favor of lockdowns is dramatically lower now, which is probably a better indicator of election outcome.
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Agreed, which makes me even more skeptical of political polls when one candidate has a hard on for more lockdowns, yet is somehow ahead by double digits. I did a quick search, but couldn't find much on recent public support for lockdowns, but saw some articles from May showing support had declined quite a bit. I can only imagine the polls in favor of lockdowns is dramatically lower now, which is probably a better indicator of election outcome.
They'll magically NOT talk about this however in the next debate...if there is one.
Ol Jock 99
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Can't waiting for Clay's next tweet responding to Abbott who is letting bars open if the County Judge approves. Good luck with that Dallas. I'm sure Collin and Denton judges will approve it.
Wait no longer!

Phat32
AG
Get ****ed Clay
tysker
AG
What is moderate risk? Will there ever be a less than moderate risk?
TSUAggie
Except you're not following any science at all you doofus. Can't believe how one stinking virus has exposed so much stupidity and so many people just follow along to idiots like him blindly.
Post removed:
by user
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Quote:

I will listen to everyone but will follow the science do what I want and call it the science.
Ag CPA
AG
So Dallas bars will remain closed, Denton will open and Tarrant and Collin are undecided. I think Collin will ultimately reopen but I could see Tarrant going either way.
YouBet
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

Can't waiting for Clay's next tweet responding to Abbott who is letting bars open if the County Judge approves. Good luck with that Dallas. I'm sure Collin and Denton judges will approve it.
Wait no longer!

Burn in hell, Clay.
riverrataggie
AG
Bars are open Clay. They paid 800 bucks to the TABC so they could sell some popcorn and you get a beer. He's not very smart.
Rubble
AG
riverrataggie said:

Bars are open Clay. They paid 800 bucks to the TABC so they could sell some popcorn and you get a beer. He's not very smart.

Are there any "bars" that are actually closed and didn't take advantage of this loophole?
oldag941
AG
What's never discussed is that people DON"T have to go to the bar. Whatever is opened is simply that....opened. Clay Jenkins and others act like this is a mandate that everyone must now go to a bar, risking life and health. It's up to you and your risk threshold. But it does give these business owners at least a chance to keep their businesses afloat.
culdeus
AG
Rubble said:

riverrataggie said:

Are there any "bars" that are actually closed and didn't take advantage of this loophole?

Every bar I know of in the area is open as usual under the loophole. This entire open/close thing for bars is settled and anything else is just political posturing (on both sides) or the owners simply not seeing it as worth it to open to a reduced client base.

I was discussing with wife how we used to go out to restaurants a lot. We've basically quit, saving a ton of money in the process and have cut back hugely on even doing takeout. I imagine we are absolutely not alone here.

I tried to use software to estimate this but we've cut back on more than 250 a month in dining out, and that doesn't cover babysitter costs and ubers. Between that and eliminating TAMU football forever from life, going to be able to afford a new car or wife when this is done.
Phat32
AG
culdeus said:

Rubble said:

riverrataggie said:

or wife

Birdbear
AG
I'm so effing tired of the phrase "follow the science" that every politician uses these days. I know first hand that scientific conclusions are rarely definitive and are usually very malleable depending on how you slice and dice the data. Science is meant to play a role in decision making, and should NEVER be trusted blindly.

Cherry-picking data that supports your agenda (lock down forever and keep Clay in the news) in the name of "following the science" to total bull*****

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.