Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,515 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
TxAgLaw03RW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just submitted my concern to RISD. For those of you who have never gotten involved and want to voice your opinion, here is the link to submit your thoughts: https://web.risd.org/home/letstalk/
FincAg
AG
I'm sorry you think a face mask is a muzzle. That being said, some parents might appreciate a little silence every now and then.
FincAg
AG
No it is not, no it does not, and no they won't.
planoaggie123
AG
FincAg said:

Not sure about impacts to critical thinking but muzzling kids who effectively are immune to this is just wrong. Teachers get vaccinated. Kids take masks off. We go on with life. If you let them put masks back on now you might as well staple it on because they will mandate to the end of time. Clay and politicians love the power. They love submissive people even more.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
We're not allowed to call them muzzles now, FincAg doesn't approve.
YouBet
AG
FincAg said:

Hey, feel free to dehumanize your kids with something completely unnecessary. Are you going to give us an opinion that social media is good for them next?
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2021/08/dallas-businesses-must-again-require-masks-county-judge-clay-jenkins-orders/

If anyone needed more proof - Clay would indeed "follow the science" and at minimum severely restrict bars/restaurants if the TSC doesn't do what everyone seems to expect.

"Jenkins' new order does not include the capacity limits that we saw in public health orders issued earlier in the pandemic.

That could change, he said. "Everything is being considered," he said.

"Doctors and I are looking at this daily. But this is where we are right now.""
FincAg
AG
YouBet said:

FincAg said:

Hey, feel free to dehumanize your kids with something completely unnecessary. Are you going to give us an opinion that social media is good for them next?

I am going to disagree with your opinion. But I will not tell a parent what to do with their kids. Similarly I won't tell someone to get vaccinated. That's not me.

So go get pissed and angry, fine by me.
harge57
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

harge57 said:

Hidden in this is a mask requirement for day care students over 2. That's right you 2, 3, and 4 year olds are supposed to wear a mask all day.
Meh, my 4 year old son has been required to wear a mask for a year and it's normal for him now.

No. You have allowed your son to be required to wear a mask for the last year. That's your choice to do so. My 3 girls will not wear one.
Demasiado
AG
YouBet said:

FincAg said:

This is funny cause I've read plenty of your comments and it seems like you only get your info from social media
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article253418529.html

must be weird to have a county judge who isn't interested in publicity stunts....Tarrant Co's judge on why they aren't even wasting their time:

"Where I'm at right now, in talking with the attorneys, to them it's very clear that the governor has the authority, and if you're going to follow the law he's got the authority," Whitley said in a phone interview.

"I want to talk with the cities. I feel very strongly and for the most part I have always said I'm very much in support of local control. I wish I had the local control. If I did, I would have to see what I would do, but at this point, I don't (have control)."
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
I suppose that's some good news for y'all in Tarrant County, but it's pretty clear he would impose restrictions and muzzling immediately if he could. That is disappointing.
TexasAggie008
AG
Sadly I am not in Tarrant County - but right in the middle of Clay's 4th Reich
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Ugh, same. When do we riot?
fav13andac1)c
AG
Thanks for the input! Didn't realize I was in F16 where everything is binary, right or left.

I can teach my son critical thinking skills and teach him to question things while also respecting my fellow man. But again, thanks for the input.
YouBet
AG
Demasiado said:

YouBet said:

FincAg said:

This is funny cause I've read plenty of your comments and it seems like you only get your info from social media
I'm not on social media except for this site, if it's considered such.

I almost solely pull stories from WSJ when I do so.
TexasAggie008
AG

no caveating between vaccinated vs unvaccinated here: per Clay, everyone needs to practice social distancing and avoiding large crowds
tysker
AG
FincAg said:

YouBet said:

FincAg said:

I am going to disagree with your opinion. But I will not tell a parent what to do with their kids. Similarly I won't tell someone to get vaccinated. That's not me.

So go get pissed and angry, fine by me.

Similarly Clay Jenkins and the ISDs shouldn't tell all parents what to do with their kids? The whole thing seems to be infantilizing parents and teachers.
duck79
AG
He's gonna love it in a few weeks when Cowboys stadium is sold out.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Do they not understand how this kills any desire to get vaccinated for those with hesitancy or indifference? Or do they just not care?
tysker
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Do they not understand how this kills any desire to get vaccinated for those with hesitancy or indifference? Or do they just not care?

The beatings will continue until morale improves
riverrataggie
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

They don't care. They will find another element to throw at us soon.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
oldag941 said:

Walk and chewing gum. Trust me, they are working feverishly on starting school. Convocation rehearsal is going on now. Our junior high "roundup" is this afternoon (meet teachers, get schedules, swag etc). Things are cruising along with the top administrators absorbing a lot of the political / COVID stuff so their schools can maintain focus.

I bet they are!

+1 to the poster that said remember the administrators and most teachers are only following orders. Don't blow up on them! Any anger needs to go to those making the decisions.
wangus12
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

no caveating between vaccinated vs unvaccinated here: per Clay, everyone needs to practice social distancing and avoiding large crowds
What's is annoying to me is how they've hand picked Drs who only agree with them. The clinic I work for has nearly 2 dozen physicians and they're just as opinionated as the rest of the planet 50:50 on how everything is handled. There is no right answer, but damn sure the politicians choose the one that gives them power. One thing most of the our docs agree is Covid isn't going anywhere. It'll always be around in some form or fashion and people are just gonna have to suck it up and get on with their lives.
2wealfth Man
AG
wangus12 said:

TexasAggie008 said:

What's is annoying to me is how they've hand picked Drs who only agree with them. The clinic I work for has nearly 2 dozen physicians and they're just as opinionated as the rest of the planet 50:50 on how everything is handled. There is no right answer, but damn sure the politicians choose the one that gives them power. One thing most of the our docs agree is Covid isn't going anywhere. It'll always be around in some form or fashion and people are just gonna have to suck it up and get on with their lives.
Nah, Clay J wants to freak out and impose his will on us every time there is a variant and associated spike in hospitalizations.
planoaggie123
AG
Never miss a moment to fundraise....

tylercsbn9
AG
One of my friends teaches in a district impacted by the mandate. District sent an email saying wear them. Only 25% showed up with them today.
BoomGoesThe
Good on those parents/kids. Mind if I ask what district?
GAC06
AG
I can confirm that my local Whole Foods, once a bastion of masking, didn't give a **** today. They had some kind of sign up I didn't read but plenty of bare faces inside and not a word was said.

Hopefully most businesses will just blow off this nonsense. Fool me once
double aught
AG
harge57 said:

CDC reports that for the week of July 31 the rate of hospitalization with Covid for children 5 to 17 was 0.5 per 100,000,

The hospitalization rate for school aged kids looks just like it did during the last peak. Basically nonexistent.

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/covid19_3.html

So how does this article jibe with the CDC data? It says pediatric hospitalizations are at their peak. When I see stories like this, I get why some parents are worried.

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-numbers/dallas-fort-worth-icu-beds-are-dwindling-and-doctors-say-get-covid-19-vaccine/287-ede9a1ca-a086-468a-9bd2-7c3d1bc78f00
planoaggie123
AG
I think there is an increase. That seems to be true...however....we are hearing rumblings that many of these hospitalized kids have RSV + COVID. Last year we did not have the RSV issue. I am speculating that after a year of masks, isolation and lathering up in sanitizer kids have weaker immune systems are being hit over the head by RSV.....

Within Texas Children's, more than 45 children were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Wednesday, and hospital staff members have diagnosed over 1,600 cases of RSV. Around 90% of the hospital's COVID-19 positive patients all children and adolescents contracted the delta variant.

Approximately half of Texas Children's RSV and COVID-19 patients are infants.

The influx of RSV cases during the summer came as a surprise to physicians, who normally see the spread later in the year. Versalovic said southern states are experiencing the surge of RSV, while children's hospitals in other regions are reacting to increased hospitalizations from COVID-19.

What's worse, Versalovic said his hospital has identified 25 children who have both RSV and COVID-19. While he's confident that his hospital system can effectively treat these cases, it's a new phenomenon, and doctors are unsure of what to expect. Over half of those diagnosed with both viruses have been hospitalized a hospitalization rate much higher than for either virus alone.
ExpressAg11
AG
Well as someone who was at a hospital in Dallas with my 1 month old this week in the pediatric wing, there is a shortage of beds. But it is because of staffing, not a lack of beds. A little over half the rooms on that floor had kids in them. All the nurses we talked to said it is 95% RSV cases, and rarely any COVID. Take it for what it is worth.
fav13andac1)c
AG
I work in SaaS, so no mask requirements for us!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Any of y'all out and about tonight?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Love to see it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.