Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,149 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not to mention using vaccines on American kids while people in other countries at literally 1000x the risk go unvaccinated.

Then there is this...

aggielostinETX
AG
We should be shipping every vaccine we don't need to India right now.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AggieLostinDallas said:

Yes. If all adults have been vaccinated we need to get them elsewhere that they could be useful.
Robert C. Christian
AG
culdeus said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

culdeus said:

Methodist is taking appointments for 12-15yos on 5/11 or later.

What a joke.

With all due respect. **** you.

[With all due respect. You are banned for a week. -Staff]

That escalated quckly.

Culdeus response, not staff's.
riverrataggie
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

AggieLostinDallas said:

Yes. If all adults have been vaccinated we need to get them elsewhere that they could be useful.

I'm sure Jenkins has ordered to throw away anything that can benefit others.
Rubble
AG
riverrataggie said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

AggieLostinDallas said:

I haven't checked Leroy's Twitter lately, is Dallas still orange?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Oh course we are.
Rubble
AG
Holy Baby Jesus with a tuxedo t-shirt cause he likes to party

What happens when the air quality is orange too? Is everyone gonna die?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Comrade Hidalgo still has Harris County at Red.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

AggieLostinDallas said:

I bet Clay pours vaccine into his bath every night and bathes in it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
riverrataggie said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

AggieLostinDallas said:

Regardless of Jenkins actions, I meant that in response to beginning to vaccinate children.
Rubble
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Comrade Hidalgo still has Harris County at Red.

And as we all know, Houston still sucks
Phat32
AG
Vaccinating your child is as useful as waving a wand over them.

If you're that worried about a 0.02% of them dying from COVID, you might not want to do that next school drop off. Cars be tricky.
FincAg
AG
Telling someone how to raise their child is ignorant. Whether it be vaccinations, corporal punishment, screen time, sports, ect.
GAC06
AG
yukmonkey said:

Vaccinating your child is as useful as waving a wand over them.

If you're that worried about a 0.02% of them dying from COVID, you might not want to do that next school drop off. Cars be tricky.

Off by a decimal place.

" The estimated age-specific IFR is very low for children and younger adults (e.g., 0.002% at age 10 and 0.01% at age 25)"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33289900/
Ol Jock 99
AG
The rolling 7 new cases has been down double digits (percentage) the past several days. Dallas County hasn't hit sub 100 new cases for a day yet, but if this trend continues, we will soon.
752bro4
AG
159 cases reported yesterday
2,636,000 people in Dallas County
0.006%
51% of eligible people in Dallas County have been vaccinated
15% (guessing) have antibodies from getting it already
In Texas, more than 75% of seniors are vaccinated
Covid is over.

beerad12man
AG
15% is way low. Even the cdc is estimating closer to 35-40% have had this thing, and Texas has been one of the most open places on earth. I'd say 35% Is a conservative estimate, with 40+% naturally being immune is entirely possible
aggielostinETX
AG
beerad12man said:

15% is way low. Even the cdc is estimating closer to 35-40% have had this thing, and Texas has been one of the most open places on earth. I'd say 35% Is a conservative estimate, with 40+% naturally being immune is entirely possible

I don't know many that haven't had it or the vaccine. Like closer to 5-10%.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Post removed:
by user
beerad12man
AG
AggieLostinDallas said:

beerad12man said:

I don't know many that haven't had it or the vaccine. Like closer to 5-10%.
That's because nearly many who had it didn't even know themselves. They were either asymptomatic, or had symptoms hard to distinguish from allergies. The estimated case rate is anywhere from 3 to 5 times higher than the confirmed positive tests.

If you assume only Texas had 5-10% of their population infected, then you assume this thing had a death rate of nearly 2-4%. The highest death rates estimate 0.7%, and most in the 0.2% to 0.6% range.

As for the vaccine, not sure. Maybe people just don't talk about it? I know of a ton who got the vaccine.
beerad12man
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

752bro4 said:

159 cases reported yesterday
2,636,000 people in Dallas County
0.006%
51% of eligible people in Dallas County have been vaccinated
15% (guessing) have antibodies from getting it already
In Texas, more than 75% of seniors are vaccinated
Covid is over.

Agreed. The Twitter comments are pathetic.
They hate good news. they hate that we didn't fail after doing this. They would love nothing more than to have had more deaths and cases in texas to say I told you so to a republican.
Rubble
AG
The fact that a lot of the comments about how many have died "from covid" is their response tells a lot
beerad12man
AG
Yes, they are stuck in May of 2020. they are stuck in we don't have any population immunity. They feel helpless if we aren't wearing masks and following all the protocols. Despite the fact that data is suggesting it's highly unnecessary.
LSB_2002
AG
beerad12man said:

Yes, they are stuck in May of 2020. they are stuck in we don't have any population immunity. They feel helpless if we aren't wearing masks and following all the protocols. Despite the fact that data is suggesting it's highly unnecessary.
Yep.......they are pu$$ies!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Yesterday was the first day in months Dallas County had under 100 new cases. I'm honestly surprised that we haven't seen a bump like the east coast and Michigan, but I'll definitely take it.
Keegan99
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Yesterday was the first day in months Dallas County had under 100 new cases. I'm honestly surprised that we haven't seen a bump like the east coast and Michigan, but I'll definitely take it.

I'm not.

If there's anything left, it will happen with a seasonal stimulus starting in mid-to-late June, though it would be heavily dampened by vaccines and infection-acquired immunity.
DFWTLR
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Not true, the Monday report that included Sunday and Monday was around 180. And new cases per day haven't mattered since the start and definitely don't now.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
DFWTLR said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Not true, the Monday report that included Sunday and Monday was around 180. And new cases per day haven't mattered since the start and definitely don't now.

What metric do you suggest as a better gauge of covid activity in the county? Hospitalizations? Deaths? We've been so incompetent in recording data that I get what you're saying, but at some point you run out of better options to use as an indicator.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Sorry. This is the first report I've seen with it under 100. ClayJay isn't as regular with them as he used to be and the mayor isn't updating at all, so I may have missed one earlier.

Claiming new cases don't matter was and is dumb. A spike in cases leads to a spike in hospitalizations which leads to a spike in deaths. Happily, new cases have been low for some time and are continuing to fall. Very good news.
harge57
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Sorry. This is the first report I've seen with it under 100. ClayJay isn't as regular with them as he used to be and the mayor isn't updating at all, so I may have missed one earlier.

Claiming new cases don't matter was and is dumb. A spike in cases leads to a spike in hospitalizations which leads to a spike in deaths. Happily, new cases have been low for some time and are continuing to fall. Very good news.

Unless adjusted for the amount of testing total cases can be very misleading. Positivity rate is likely a better metric, but even that sample gets skewed. I wish they had put some significant random sampling in place to have a more controlled sample, but even that would have selection bias.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Full agreement. Have a ton that can be analyzed and learned now how to handle better next time.
DFWTLR
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Not all cases are the same, when TCU was reporting daily cases and got up to several thousand they had zero hospitalizations. But a nursing home would be opposite, unless you have more info on the cases it's pretty worthless.
Bonfire1996
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Factually incorrect since winter.
Ol Jock 99
AG
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/texas?view=daily-deaths&tab=trend

Follow the bumps. There are even in convenient picture form for you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.