Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,539 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Comeby!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Comeby! said:

I run 3 small businesses. If you're doing it right you'll be ok.

A bit preachy to state that every single person that losses their job and every single business that goes under is doing it wrong, don't you think? I'm glad you are so happy about financial hardships for others.

I did not say that. What I'm saying is that there will be short term difficulties and there are ways to get creative unless you were already running on fumes. Some businesses will shutter and not be back. The vast majority will make it out ok.
agcrock2005
AG
Comeby! said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Comeby! said:

A bit preachy to state that every single person that losses their job and every single business that goes under is doing it wrong, don't you think? I'm glad you are so happy about financial hardships for others.
I did not say that. What I'm saying is that there will be short term difficulties and there are ways to get creative unless you were already running on fumes. Some businesses will shutter and not be back. The vast majority will make it out ok.
What's short term? Like a decade, or you think we can just hit pause on the economy for several months and then every employer will hire back every employee that was laid off and then we can all sing Kumbaya (6' apart) as a country with a 3% unemployment rate and roaring economy?
riverrataggie
AG
Fitch said:

IHME Data:

I don't know. The to-date data looks pretty close. Magnitude of the peaks has swung a lot, but models are only as good as their assumptions, right? Would rather be lucky than good in this case.

I'd personally rather not produce models where you know the assumptions aren't good. We need to turn this thread back into bashing Jenkins versus each other. He should know better than to insight fear and panic in times that are not.
FincAg
AG
Then take your personal opinions of Jenkins to the "Clay Jenkins" thread.
hatchback
AG
riverrataggie said:

I'd personally rather not produce models where you know the assumptions aren't good. We need to turn this thread back into bashing Jenkins versus each other. He should know better than to insight fear and panic in times that are not.

No. We don't. For the most part, this thread has been for information about Covid-19 in the DFW metroplex.

If you have beef with Clay Jenkins take it to the "Clay Jenkins" thread. Or you could even go as far to contact his office and let him know your issues. Even though they might act like they rule from an ivory tower, local officials are some of the easiest to engage with.
webgem08
AG
Dallas County has been referencing projections from https://www.covidactnow.org/us/tx/county/dallas_county
Comeby!
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Comeby! said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Comeby! said:

What's short term? Like a decade, or you think we can just hit pause on the economy for several months and then every employer will hire back every employee that was laid off and then we can all sing Kumbaya (6' apart) as a country with a 3% unemployment rate and roaring economy?

You sound like a Democrat, speaking in absolutes to support your narrative.
riverrataggie
AG
hatchback said:

riverrataggie said:

No. We don't. For the most part, this thread has been for information about Covid-19 in the DFW metroplex.

If you have beef with Clay Jenkins take it to the "Clay Jenkins" thread. Or you could even go as far to contact his office and let him know your issues. Even though they might act like they rule from an ivory tower, local officials are some of the easiest to engage with.

My bad. Apologies for being an ass. But I have actually taken your advice late last week. Including my council person who lives couple streets down.

I'll go back to my normal bashing on the appropriate thread.
Hood
AG
Robert C. Christian
AG
Thanks for posting and for the guy who is visualizing the data. Much better than the singular data point. Would be great if we had the "average" numbers to compare against.
Hood
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Thanks for posting and for the guy who is visualizing the data. Much better than the singular data point. Would be great if we had the "average" numbers to compare against.

There's been a consistent responder to Mayor Johnson's posts asking that question. No one ever answers him and I think that's only because the data do not exist.
Phat32
AG
124 cases Friday, 134 cases Saturday. Not going to help King Jenkins relax.
Hood
AG
Today's update. One hospital didn't report but the numbers are still generally very flat.

hatchback
AG
agcrock2005
AG
Oil lowest it's been since they started keeping track. Economy may have irreparable damage. **** the virus. Get back to work!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Too late now. Hello Great Depression 2.0
Robert C. Christian
AG
Your missing two key parties from your anger statement, Russia and Saudi Arabia.
agcrock2005
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Your missing two key parties from your anger statement, Russia and Saudi Arabia.
It was generic statement. I understand the price war creating enormous supply coupled with incredibly low demand due to virus. We need to get back to work.
DFWTLR
AG
Collin and Denton Counties are reporting more recoveries per day than new cases, and for some reason Dallas county isn't tracking recoveries. Still really low numbers, restrictions need to loosen up soon:

YouBet
AG
DFWTLR said:

Collin and Denton Counties are reporting more recoveries per day than new cases, and for some reason Dallas county isn't tracking recoveries. Still really low numbers, restrictions need to loosen up soon:

Deep blue government. Stats are reported accordingly.
Hood
AG
DFWTLR said:

The recoveries metric will always be bunk because an overwhelming majority of COVID cases are not hospitalized and are just counted as a positive test. So they never go into an ER or need a bed and are never discharged and can be counted as recovered.

So Dallas can count discharged COVID patients but it will never match the number of cases. And that applies globally.
OKC~Ag
I know most expert don't believe temperature will have significant impact.on corona spread..

i am hoping for heat wave...I think it will have net beneficial impact and limit spread.
DFWTLR
AG
The only numbers that are being reported are positive cases, Dallas hasn't reported how many are hospitalized, etc. The daily hospital report is how many beds, ICU beds, and ventilators are in use, they don't specify how many are for Covid patients. At least with recovered patients you get an idea of how many active cases are in the county, the 2,428 numbers include patients from the first part of March.

Collin County has done the best job of reporting their numbers, 190 active cases and only 16 in the hospital currently.
TexasAggie008
AG
https://t.co/PcLlmTVgT5

F*** you city of dallas
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
What a bunch of idiots. Completely unenforceable and I expect mass noncompliance.
TexasAggie008
AG
I will proudly walk my a** on it all 4 days and encourage everyone else to as well
Ol Jock 99
AG
Y'all do realize that if this doesn't work, they shut it down completely, right?
hatchback
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

https://t.co/PcLlmTVgT5

F*** you city of dallas

I haven't had too many problems with the city's response thus far, but this is pretty stupid. Enforcement is going to be next to impossible. They should just shut it down.

Edit to add: shut down the Katy Trail but close streets to allow more space for people to move freely outdoors.

Edited again: okay, closing the Katy Trail is a bad idea. Maybe to alleviate overcrowding, the City should close certain streets to vehicular in the uptown neighborhood. Although, they tried this in Bishop Arts and everyone lost their frickin minds.
TexasAggie008
AG
No they shouldn't

They should do absolutely nothing and we should end this insanity
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
I think the public reaction to that will be much worse. People are getting desperate and their reactions will only get worse the longer this goes on, especially if they try to tighten the screws more.

You are free to exercise your freedoms only on the days the government allows, some of us will do so every day.

Also, flattening the curve does not mean eliminating the virus.
hatchback
AG
Okay, I agree. I was too quick on the reply.

If the city was truly concerned about temporarily relieving overcrowding on the Katy Trail then they should close some streets in the uptown area to vehicular traffic. But they won't actually do this because they tried to in Bishop Arts and everyone lost their minds.
TexasAggie008
AG
Yep

The curve is flat...hospitals aren't overwhelmed

But yeah MORE rules are needed
powerbelly
AG
We have lost our ****ing minds. The curve has been flattened. Time to get back to work
Phat32
AG
City of Dallas just jumped the shark. Who's ready for a good civil disobedience?
FincAg
AG
This reads like a Nextdoor thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.