Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

384,642 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
752bro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Thanks to the heroes at DISD for their unwavering support and service to educate the children of dallas county and keep them safe by enforcing masking at all times. Despite GovAbbott and TexasGOP trying to murder these educators, the science has shown these masks saved 4,909 lives in dallas county alone. Remember parents, just because masking is no longer required at DISD schools, please encourage your children to wear theirs anytime they are indoors. Get boosted, mask up, vote for me.

~ Judge Clay J, probably, soon
aggielostinETX
AG
752bro4 said:

Quote:

Thanks to the heroes at DISD for their unwavering support and service to educate the children of dallas county and keep them safe by enforcing masking at all times. Despite GovAbbott and TexasGOP trying to murder these educators, the science has shown these masks saved 4,909 lives in dallas county alone. Remember parents, just because masking is no longer required at DISD schools, please encourage your children to wear theirs anytime they are indoors. Get boosted, mask up, vote for me.

~ Judge Clay J, probably, soon

SCIENCE!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Rolling 7 Day new cases....oldest in months and months. And trending down.

Dallas County Thread Level....Red. The highest.

No one is listening Clay.
YouBet
AG
It's patently absurd we are still at the highest threat level. Talk about a completely irrelevant and non-credible person. He sucks and is a moron.
riverrataggie
AG
Nobody cares about threat levels. People are licking door knobs and raw dawging in public on Knox/Henderson.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

Nobody cares about threat levels. People are licking door knobs and raw dawging in public on Knox/Henderson.

I know where I'm going next weekend.
752bro4
AG
Whew, good news, everyone! We can now go outside and enjoy these newfound freedoms!

aggielostinETX
AG
That MFer must be reading this thread.
Stive
AG
AggieLostinDallas said:

Ok…fess up. Which one of you is Clay?
Old Buffalo
AG
Stive said:

AggieLostinDallas said:

Ol Jock.
MGS
We believes?
riverrataggie
AG
Stive said:

AggieLostinDallas said:

Here.
YouBet
AG
There is no need for masking and boosting. Masks have never worked, and the boosters don't work for Omicron.

Completely fake news, Clay.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Everyone go get your 2019-2020 season flu shot while you are at it
GAC06
AG
YouBet said:

There is no need for masking and boosting. Masks have never worked, and the boosters don't work for Omicron.

Completely fake news, Clay.

Boosters worked so well for people 18-49, the CDC kept the data to themselves to prevent "vaccine hesitancy"
TexasAggie008
AG
Anyone still vax hesitant - what more convincing do you need? Imagine only needing to wear a mask at large events like say weddings, graduations, sporting events, concerts, and dallas st patty's day …. It will be like going back to 2019 in a time machine (except for the masks I mean)

Spaceship
AG
I'd think Clay was trolling at this point if I didn't know how clueless he actually is. Give it up man.
ExpressAg11
AG
I'll give Clay props. This multi-year long SNL skit he's doing shows some real dedication. How else can you explain it? Either that or Ashton Kutcher is about to pop out and tell us we are being Punk'd.
riverrataggie
AG
F*** Clay Jenkins.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Hey gang, Clay here. Despite new cases averaging under 250 a day, the percent positive rate being less under 5%, and the hospitals and schools in fine shape, Dallas County remains under a Level Orange Threat. Y'all stay safe out there.
tysker
AG
I'm pretty I wrote earlier on this thread that there is no mechanism for going back to pre-pandemic lives. Even Green is 'New Normal Risk for COVID-19 Transmission.' There was never an intention that these standards would be unwound

From the DALLAS COUNTY COVID-19 RELATED HEALTH GUIDANCE FOR THE PUBLIC:
Quote:

Restaurant: Indoor and outdoor dining options at restaurants operating under proper safety precautions for staff and customers. Wear facial coverings and practice physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene.

Travel/Tourism: Non-essential travel may be considered if there is no high or medium COVID-19 community spread. Minimize time spent in group settings. Continue personal protective measures. Wear facial coverings and practice physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene

Visiting outdoor entertainment (zoos, arboretums, concerts, parks): Attending events with larger groups can be considered. Minimize time spent in group settings. Continue personal protective measures. Wear facial coverings and practice good physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene. Staff and other patrons should do the same. Staff should demonstrate appropriate cleaning practices. Limit food and beverage consumption from concession stands if good hand hygiene, cleaning practices, and physical distancing cannot be maintained

Attending small gatherings (BBQs, neighborhood or family gatherings, parties, Showers (bridal, baby)): If possible, continue to sit well spaced from other attendees and practice good personal protective measures. Exclude those who are ill or had a known exposure. Clean solid surfaces frequently. Wear facial coverings and practice physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene.

YouBet
AG
tysker said:

I'm pretty I wrote earlier on this thread that there is no mechanism for going back to pre-pandemic lives. Even Green is 'New Normal Risk for COVID-19 Transmission.' There was never an intention that these standards would be unwound

From the DALLAS COUNTY COVID-19 RELATED HEALTH GUIDANCE FOR THE PUBLIC:
Quote:

Restaurant: Indoor and outdoor dining options at restaurants operating under proper safety precautions for staff and customers. Wear facial coverings and practice physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene.

Travel/Tourism: Non-essential travel may be considered if there is no high or medium COVID-19 community spread. Minimize time spent in group settings. Continue personal protective measures. Wear facial coverings and practice physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene

Visiting outdoor entertainment (zoos, arboretums, concerts, parks): Attending events with larger groups can be considered. Minimize time spent in group settings. Continue personal protective measures. Wear facial coverings and practice good physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene. Staff and other patrons should do the same. Staff should demonstrate appropriate cleaning practices. Limit food and beverage consumption from concession stands if good hand hygiene, cleaning practices, and physical distancing cannot be maintained

Attending small gatherings (BBQs, neighborhood or family gatherings, parties, Showers (bridal, baby)): If possible, continue to sit well spaced from other attendees and practice good personal protective measures. Exclude those who are ill or had a known exposure. Clean solid surfaces frequently. Wear facial coverings and practice physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene.

Insanity.
tysker
AG
also
Quote:

Visiting Public Swimming Pools: Staff and clients wear facial coverings when not in pool
I was going to wear a mask while in the pool until I read your notice, thanks for that
Phat32
AG
People just won't do this stuff.
TexasAggie008
AG
Don't look now, but theres an argument to be made that of every leftist leader in every deep blue city in the US - Clay is truly #1 in terms of *REALLY* caring about #flatteningthecurve-culture actually being the #newnormal for all eternity, even if cases flatline at 0.

Lucky for us he has 0 real enforcement ability and its more symbolic than anything...but cheers to being #1 I guess
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/2022/04/08/a-7-foot-tall-robot-at-dallas-love-field-is-watching-for-unmasked-travelers-and-curbside-loiterers/
riverrataggie
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Don't look now, but theres an argument to be made that of every leftist leader in every deep blue city in the US - Clay is truly #1 in terms of *REALLY* caring about #flatteningthecurve-culture actually being the #newnormal for all eternity, even if cases flatline at 0.

Lucky for us he has 0 real enforcement ability and its more symbolic than anything...but cheers to being #1 I guess

If we work together and think of others we can get cases below 0.
MGS
TexasAggie008 said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/2022/04/08/a-7-foot-tall-robot-at-dallas-love-field-is-watching-for-unmasked-travelers-and-curbside-loiterers/
I wonder which city council member has part-ownership in the company that makes those robots.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Oh hi.

Case numbers in North Texas remain extremely low and stable. Lord Clay has us at yellow, meaning we'll never see green again. There is a lot of noise about a new wave in Europe and Asia, but countries that were hit hard by Omicron appear (key word) to be faring much better. We'll see.

Rumor has it masks on planes will be gone soon. Hope so. The Jock clan is wheels up for Namibia less than a month.
YouBet
AG
Baylor just sent out email that all patients and visitors are now required to wear masks which means I have to do my PT in a f'ing mask.

Here we go.
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/public-health/2022/09/20/price-calls-out-county-health-department-over-monkeypox-poster/

Give em hell, JWP!

Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price condemned the health department on Tuesday for using a picture of a Black man on a poster about a monkeypox vaccination effort.

Posters in both English and Spanish on a free monkeypox pop-up clinic included an illustration of a Black man. Price called the poster "unacceptable" in the regular Dallas County Commissioners Court meeting.

"This flyer was out there, and I wanna know why this was published by health and human services," Price said.
Dr. Philip Huang, director of the county's Health and Human Services, agreed that the poster needed to be removed.

"It was an error and we replaced it as soon as it became apparent," Huang told commissioners. "As soon as we became aware of it, we pulled it."

Marketing for the single clinic was done quickly a day or two before to publicize the event, Huang said.

Price asked why the poster did not include a white man, and Huang responded by saying the team did not want people to assume the virus was affecting only the white population.

"Then why didn't you put a collective out there?" Price asked the health director.

"I totally agree. I think they were looking at a space issue," Huang said.

Huang apologized and took responsibility for the poster.

"I'm not buying it. I got complaints. I contacted you. You didn't even know it was out there. You said you take responsibility," Price said to Huang.

TexasAggie008
AG
Unfortunately I just don't see how Dr. Huang and the County Judge that he reports to can keep their jobs after this deeply offensive incident.....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.