Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,146 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Hood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does he know this is how you can get a low percent positive rate? This stat will have to be ignored going forward.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Hell, let's do it. Get those percent positive numbers down!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Hood said:

Does he know this is how you can get a low percent positive rate? This stat will have to be ignored going forward.

Not by epidemiologists.
agcrock2005
AG
Hood said:

Yep. I've been talking about that for weeks. Easy to find all sorts of charts except for the one and only one that matters which is Deaths as numerator and Positive Cases and denominator. It's so low that it would kill any of this stay at home non sense so they will definitely not be talking about it.
MGS
Isn't the country taking over these testing sites?

I wonder which member of the commissioners court has business connections to whoever was awarded that contract.
planoaggie123
AG
Hood said:

If the tests sites are full and even with low positivy and hospital rates he can probably claim high testing = high concern = shut it all down. They literally can take ANY metric they want and shut it down.
tysker
AG
752bro4 said:

Oh Clay.

Clay, many of us don't have the time because we're at home balancing workload and assisting our kids with their virtual schoolwork.
Rubble
AG
tysker said:

752bro4 said:

Oh Clay.

Clay, many of us don't have the time because we're at home balancing workload and assisting our kids with their virtual schoolwork.

Exactly. Why do I want to waste my time going to get tested when I DON'T HAVE ANY ****ING SYMPTOMS
YouBet
AG
Clay is just trying to hold out until flu season so he can virus bundle and REALLY lock us down.
cp2011
AG
powerbelly said:

Clay wants to run for governor. How many people in Dallas knew of Clay before covid? He needs to keep his name in the headlines.
I get the "no publicity is bad publicity" mindset, but I actually think he was doing a lot better before the general public knew who he was
powerbelly
AG
AGCP3 said:

powerbelly said:

Clay wants to run for governor. How many people in Dallas knew of Clay before covid? He needs to keep his name in the headlines.
I get the "no publicity is bad publicity" mindset, but I actually think he was doing a lot better before the general public knew who he was

He is making a lot of hay in democrat circles for "standing up to Abbott"
culdeus
AG
powerbelly said:

AGCP3 said:

powerbelly said:

What exactly has happened in Dallas that wasn't driven through the Gov. office? Anytime he tried to implement stuff over the Gov. Abbot stepped in nearly immediately.

I also don't think anyone in Dallas likes him, he was a trial lawyer that scammed his way on to the court to serve trial lawyers, not Democrats. His campaign was funded by mostly (if not entirely) Republicans contributing millions to the guy, some of them the key swift boaters including Bob Perry crafted the scheme (No relation to Rick).

His actions on the bench by and large have been to serve those interests funded entirely to get rid of Jim Foster, and this was the most expedient way to do so. I don't think for one second anyone in the Dallas legal community thinks of him as a democrat, they think of him as a piece of *****
powerbelly
AG
culdeus said:

powerbelly said:

AGCP3 said:

powerbelly said:

What exactly has happened in Dallas that wasn't driven through the Gov. office? Anytime he tried to implement stuff over the Gov. Abbot stepped in nearly immediately.

I also don't think anyone in Dallas likes him, he was a trial lawyer that scammed his way on to the court to serve trial lawyers, not Democrats. His campaign was funded by mostly (if not entirely) Republicans contributing millions to the guy, some of them the key swift boaters including Bob Perry (No relation to Rick).

His actions on the bench by and large have been to serve those interests funded entirely to get rid of Jim Foster, and this was the most expedient way to do so. I don't think for one second anyone in the Dallas legal community thinks of him as a democrat, they think of him as a piece of *****
The Dallas legal community isn't his target voter. Nothing you posted here is new information to anyone. Look around online at the usual democrat portals, they are very high on Jenkins.
double aught
AG
I don't think the state constitution allows for androids to serve in office.
752bro4
AG
double aught said:

I don't think the state constitution allows for androids to serve in office.
I don't know why not - it allowed his redheaded cyborg cousin to stay atop of the Cowboys for damn near a decade.
culdeus
AG
powerbelly said:

culdeus said:

powerbelly said:

AGCP3 said:

powerbelly said:

I also don't think anyone in Dallas likes him, he was a trial lawyer that scammed his way on to the court to serve trial lawyers, not Democrats. His campaign was funded by mostly (if not entirely) Republicans contributing millions to the guy, some of them the key swift boaters including Bob Perry (No relation to Rick).

The Dallas legal community isn't his target voter. Nothing you posted here is new information to anyone. Look around online at the usual democrat portals, they are very high on Jenkins.
That might be true, but the Dallas legal community at the time (and perhaps still to this day) poured in something on the order of 4x the amount of money into a campaign for a judge than had ever been done to that point, could be higher it's hard to find this out exactly.

The same people that backed him backed tea party types and still do. And the same republicans will prop up another "democrat" the next time his office is free. It is the way. Whether "usual democratic portals" are all about this guy for statewide office is irrelevant to me. He's at worst YD and for sure owned by the people that turned tea party on the issues that matter, not him flapping his arms on the virus.
duck79
AG
It is absolutely sickening how Jenkins is burying the big picture. On his daily count release today he waited until the last sentence to add "260 cases should be considered new". The guy needs to go.

Ol Jock 99
AG
See, I guess I'm a "glass is half full" guy. I was amazed he included that in his tweet instead buried in the text like normal.
duck79
AG
Ha yea that's a good way to look at it too.
BoomGoesThe
culdeus said:

powerbelly said:

AGCP3 said:

powerbelly said:

I also don't think anyone in Dallas likes him, he was a trial lawyer that scammed his way on to the court to serve trial lawyers, not Democrats. His campaign was funded by mostly (if not entirely) Republicans contributing millions to the guy, some of them the key swift boaters including Bob Perry crafted the scheme (No relation to Rick).

Everything Clay orders has to be approved by the county commissioners, correct?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Revisiting the positive percentage test discussion seems appropriate after reading through the Covid board. It seems likely that as backlogged cases get reported the number of tests is not counted, since it was previously counted on the day the person was tested. That the positive percentage rate is being calculated as positive/ total tests. So any backlogged positives are inflating that positive test rate, since they are included in the numerator but not in the denominator. As total tests decline this poorly thought out adjustment would further inflate the positive test percentage.

That would be a likely explanation for the positive percentage to appear terrible and increasing while all of the other metrics are looking better and better. In short it's bad data.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Pretty frank and fair words from everyone's favorite judge. He deserves the frequent criticism he gets, so it's only fair to give props when they are occasionally earned.
DFWTLR
AG
And it only took 7 consecutive days of people calling him out on the BS he was tweeting, what a Saint!
agcrock2005
AG
I bet this is isolated just to professional sports...

All of NFL's positive coronavirus tests from the weekend return negative
Trucker 96
yeah, these tests results seem so unreliable that I'm still not sure that I'll even bother to get tested if I have symptoms. Just going to assume that I have it, isolate myself, treat it like a cold, and keep an eye on my oxygen levels with the meter we have from a few years ago.
riverrataggie
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I bet this is isolated just to professional sports...

All of NFL's positive coronavirus tests from the weekend return negative

Patriots odds of winning super bowl just went up?
riverrataggie
AG
Serious question... what's the end game here?

Lockdown forever? Our supreme leaders are already saying a vaccine won't allow us to go back how things were.

First it was flatten curve, then get steady down tick of cases, now it's % positivity rate, what's next?
Hood
AG
riverrataggie said:

Lockdown forever? Our supreme leaders are already saying a vaccine won't allow us to go back how things were.

First it was flatten curve, then get steady down tick of cases, now it's % positivity rate, what's next?
I'll field this question.

Hood
AG
So, to answer your question, whichever comes first:

• Permanent lockdown causes massive blowback on Democrats for president and down ballot
  • Cases = 0
752bro4
AG
98 & 0
7-day is 256

CDC no longer recommends testing just because
riverrataggie
AG
752bro4 said:

98 & 0
7-day is 256

CDC no longer recommends testing just because

Nice!
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

Yes. Biden has already said he will lock down whole country if the "scientists" request it.
Phat32
AG
riverrataggie said:

Get Trump out
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Sounds like protests are firing up again downtown, expect a case spike again.
752bro4
AG
154 & 8 (7/8 underlying)

217 & 24 yesterday... reporting of deaths catching up with July spike

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.