Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,536 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
ftworthag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 yr old Daughter is better now. I went to get tested Wednesday and got results yesterday that I'm positive. Have to check temp & oxygen levels 3x a day for 6 days. Oxygen has to be above 95% and no fevers 101 or higher. So far I'm at 98% oxygen and no fever since Wednesday night. Have to wear a mask when I'm out of my room.
My wife took our 8mo old daughter to be tested and will get results tomorrow. My wife took rapid test this morning and she was negative.

Stay safe!
Ol Jock 99
AG
I think this was the main RONA thread. Since the winter surge started up, I've been curious where the deaths are. Well, they're here. Today set a Dallas County record at 50.

New cases are falling, so that's good.
ftworthag02
AG
50? Wow thats terrible. Prayers for anyone that has lost someone due to this terrible pandemic.
Old Buffalo
AG
50 *reported*

Right now Dallas has recognized 2,320. The state of Texas is reporting 2,885.

Clay is selectively reporting for fear mongering.
Robert C. Christian
AG
What are the two numbers? Both total deaths for Dallas from different sources? Or for Dallas and Texas respectively?
Old Buffalo
AG
Both totals for Dallas from different sources. Clay's office has still not been able to answer why they a reporting differently.

So Clay's office is ~500 deaths behind state reporting. Further, because of the lag in death certificate validation by the state, there's likely another 600 deaths that haven't been reported yet (i.e., if we were to solve COVID today, we would still be reporting deaths for the next 4-5 weeks).

Don't get me wrong. There are days that are certainly deadly and exceeded 50 deaths per day, but the most deadly day to date is January 6th, not February 3rd.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Ol Jock 99
AG
Dallas County

Jan 5-7 was 20, 17, 20 respectively

Feb 1-3 was 40, 39, 50 respectively

I've never accused Clay of being the most competent, but he's not making those numbers up out of thin air.
752bro4
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Dallas County

Jan 5-7 was 20, 17, 20 respectively

Feb 1-3 was 40, 39, 50 respectively

I've never accused Clay of being the most competent, but he's not making those numbers up out of thin air.
I still think we need some clarity of "from covid" and "with covid" - and distinguish if they were in the hospital because of CV or somethin else. Almost all of them say "had been critically ill and in an area hospital and had underlying conditions."

Of those 50 deaths reports, 9 were in their 90s and 100s, all of whom were listed as LTC facility or hospice.
10 in their 80s, 7 in LTC or hospice
7 in their 70s
17 in their 60s
34/50 aged 60+
45/50 with underlying conditions or no mention of conditions

I don't mean to sound insensitive, losing a loved one due to any reason sucks. The reporting of raw numbers with limited or no context is what is driving so much fear. I wish, just for once, we could have a day or two of nothing but good news stories from the media/Clay/overlords. I saw a story on the Chick-Fil-A manager who got a call to come assist with lines in South Carolina after a software failure. Things like that need to be circulated to give some hope and positivity to some of these people who are cradled in fear in the corners of their living rooms (masked up, of course).

Instead, Clay will just get into twitter pissing contests with Abbott or fellate any DNC story in hopes of getting appointed to some sort of national gig.
Old Buffalo
AG
I'm not saying he's making the numbers up, but its disingenuous to represent to the populace we actually lost 50 people in one day when it's comprised of reported deaths over many weeks.

We will be into May with 10% of peak hospitalization and Clay will still be reporting extreme death numbers.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
JDL 96
If you test positive for covid, get over it, and 6 months later you die, how do you think that death is reported?
Ol Jock 99
AG
JDL 96 said:

If you test positive for covid, get over it, and 6 months later you die, how do you think that death is reported?
Considering most of the folks dying are dying in hospitals on vents, I'm going with "not covid".
harge57
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

JDL 96 said:

Considering most of the folks dying are dying in hospitals on vents, I'm going with "not covid".

There is definitely over counting going on. Not sure what the incentive is. Plus the deaths with covid vs from covid is just ignored.

Someone was digging in to youth deaths since there are basically none. I think it was in FL but there were two deaths reported under 18 from covid. Turns out one died in a motorcycle wreck and the other has leukemia.

I have a cousin that was 5' 9" and about 600lbs. Never really left the house as he had to sit in the back seat of a van. Died in his sleep 5 days after Christmas. Someone in the coroner office called his parents as he lived in Illinois. They were told he died of a heart attack and tested negative for Covid. They got a call back about 15 minutes later and they said based on his conditions/symptoms that they were considering him positive for Covid. I was told it was very obvious someone told him to change it.
TexasAggie008
AG
Overstating deaths (counting any that could even kinda sorta maybe be tagged with covid) is a win win in the eyes of the "public health" sh*tbag:

A) more deaths = more scared people = more people deciding to continue sheltering in place. Anything to save lives!

B) more deaths = more evidence that lockdowns/travel bans/masks and double masks were (and still are) justified and necessary. Continuing to listen to the experts is essential guys!
culdeus
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Overstating deaths (counting any that could even kinda sorta maybe be tagged with covid) is a win win in the eyes of the "public health" sh*tbag:

A) more deaths = more scared people = more people deciding to continue sheltering in place. Anything to save lives!

B) more deaths = more evidence that lockdowns/travel bans/masks and double masks were (and still are) justified and necessary. Continuing to listen to the experts is essential guys!

Since the beginning, the key metric has been available beds to drive nearly imperceptible changes to lifestyles. Death counting has always been inexact and not tied to any metric of consequence. Even when we blew thru bed metrics like nothing, we all went on as usual. Not a thing changed.

Ol Jock 99
AG
Today is the first day in quite some time with under 1k new cases reported.
ftworthag02
Quinn
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Today is the first day in quite some time with under 1k new cases reported.
Wow, first they fudge the numbers to produce too many cases; now they're messing with them to have too few. SMDH
Ol Jock 99
AG
Go on?
Quinn
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Go on?

Bad sarcasm
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quinn said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Go on?

Bad sarcasm
TexasAggie008
AG
Dallas Co & Tarrant Co hospitalizations are at lowest points since Dec 10-12

Region's covid hospitalization % has been hovering around 15-16% the last few days...We need 7 days in a row below 15% for retail capacity to be back to 75%, which at this rate we'll have by the end of next week or so
Robert C. Christian
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Dallas Co & Tarrant Co hospitalizations are at lowest points since Dec 10-12

Region's covid hospitalization % has been hovering around 15-16% the last few days...We need 7 days in a row below 15% for retail capacity to be back to 75%, which at this rate we'll have by the end of next week or so

UTSW forecasts over the last week have been really rosey too. Here is the latest:

https://utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/about-virus-and-testing/forecasting-model.html
TexasAggie008
AG
Absolute joke that they're closing down vax sites tomorrow due to some upper 20s with freezing drizzle

COVID either is or is not the clear and present danger .... which is it, county health "experts" ?
BoomGoesThe
It's almost as if they're saying that driving with "possible" ice on the road is more dangerous than this scary Corona Virus. So weird.
TexasAggie008
AG
Clay "doesn't think covid is a big deal" Jenkins

He'll never be able to shake the nickname
FincAg
Rubble
AG
BoomGoesThe said:

It's almost as if they're saying that driving with "possible" ice on the road is more dangerous than this scary Corona Virus. So weird.

I35 in FW says hi...
FincAg
AG
Yeah that was an ice cold take
Put some whiskey in your water, sugar in your tea.
TexasAggie008
AG
So COVID deaths are less important ?
Phat32
AG
Driving in a terrible winter storm is more likely to kill you than COVID. I don't think that is an extremely hot take.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Seems like one silver lining of the atrocious weather last week would be an even steeper decrease in COVID cases/hospitalizations/deaths. What are the stats we have to hit for the next level of reopening?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well, I'm one of the new cases in the positive numbers. No clue how I got in the snowpaloza, but I did. Not terrible symptomes happily, but definitely have it.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I attempted to answer my own question, but the data is hard to find. Per Judge Jenkins tweet in December, its based on DSHS numbers. I went to their dashboard (https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0d8bdf9be927459d9cb11b9eaef6101f) and based on the numbers I see there I think we are at 11% or 12% hospital bed utilization right now (not sure if they use total staffed hospital beds or total staffed inpatient hospital beds). If we remain under 15% for 7 days the orders restricting bars, restaurants to 50%, and (most importantly imo) elective surgeries are lifted. I can't find historical data to see how long we've been under 15% though. Also that data is regional, not by county, which may mean that Dallas County itself is still above 15%. Not very easy to find this information.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
DFWTLR
AG
Isn't it the region? We're in E and have been under 15% for a couple weeks now I believe.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I wasnt sure if he is basing his decisions for the county on regional data or not. If he is, and we have been below for 2 weeks I think he should lift the bans like promised.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.