Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,151 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
TexasAggie008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to enforce this in restaurants and bars = more and more people saying f the mask-nazis.
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Gracias. We're on 30A as well.
YouBet
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

YouBet said:

All people now required to wear masks on premises at a business or face a fine in Dallas County.

Welp, back to working out at home again.

Article doesn't say how restaurants are impacted. Just a blanket statement that all businesses must comply.

We are in Denton County which helped as Collin and Denton County never had the mask mandate when Dallas did. Does the Dallas ordinance include churches?
Don't know. Article is vague. JWP and Koch voted against.

I never thought I would be a fan of JWP. Lord.
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Sounds awesome. We've been going out there for two or three decades as a family, between Destin proper and more recently Rosemary Beach. Bit of a last minute pivot since we were going to Telluride, but as of a few weeks ago it sounded like they had the highway in and out of town closed down to visitors.
Phat32
AG
And this has been Florida beach talk.
Hood
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

https://urbanpolicyresearch.org/covid19/county-data-dashboard

North Texas specific dash, including 14 day trends, hospital info, testing, all rolled into one. Very neatly done.

Yes, we're spiking. But we are far from "out of control".
Thanks for this.

The 2nd tab - Regional COVID Patient Census shows that the increase in positives is not straining the hospital system... yet.

But as we've seen from day one. Fear leads. And if your governor is a Republican, he's guilty of murder basically.
rsf0626
Welp. Back to masks again until August 4 (unless they repeal the mandate again). Tell me again how football is going to start on time?
TexasAggie008
AG
*when in a business and nowhere else

as long as its enforced in a common sense way in restaurants / bars (aka not when at your table with your group), i honestly don't think it will be a huge day to day difference
LHIOB
AG
Colin Co is still normal right?
TexasAggie008
AG
Yes as are Tarrant and all surrounding counties

only Clay's Reich
ac04
LHIOB said:

Colin Co is still normal right?
for now
Post removed:
by user
ac04
what didn't they follow in the middle of the panic? this is the first time any county in texas has mandated masks.
DFWTLR
AG
Didnt Bexar do it earlier this week?
ac04
yes this week is the first time any counties have mandated masks. so i'm struggling to understand what the other counties didn't follow in the "middle of the panic"
YouBet
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

*when in a business and nowhere else

as long as its enforced in a common sense way in restaurants / bars (aka not when at your table with your group), i honestly don't think it will be a huge day to day difference
Positive me: if they continue to keep everything open and are reasonable about restaurants...I'll allow it.

Negative me: F^ck you Clay you f'ing tyrant.
Post removed:
by user
ac04
that lasted less than 10 days and had no teeth to it. no fines or other penalties of any kind. this isn't that.
Post removed:
by user
ac04
right. and now he says it is.
PatAg
AG
I don't get how these people get into these political positions and never learned how to present ideas in a way that is palatable.

Instead of a mandate, present the reasons for wanting people to wear masks.
On top of that, don't imply you are dumb for not wearing one and are going to get sick. Which is what initially happened. The masks we all have access to won't do anything to prevent you catching it.

Stress that it is to prevent unknowingly spreading the disease. Being considerate of others in your community. People are much more likely to respond to that concept.
Then don't try to represent this as a killer disease, which they did initially. It does spread very easily, and we have no resistance to this transmission.

My favorite is when they say "if you don't want to wear a mask, then don't go anywhere"
The reverse js just as true a statement, if you don't want to be exposed, don't go anywhere"

So for me, it is not a big deal to wear a mask when I am going anywhere I am in close proximity with others.
double aught
AG
ac04 said:

what didn't they follow in the middle of the panic? this is the first time any county in texas has mandated masks.
Well, everything was pretty much closed then.
ac04
except all the essential businesses that remained open throughout.

i guess we'll see in due time if there's a mandate in collin/denton/tarrant. one way to prevent that would be for more people to voluntarily wear them.
Post removed:
by user
ac04
i remember when abbott said the same thing. things are changing pretty fast lately.
Post removed:
by user
ac04
like i said, we'll see in time. your prediction is noted.
Post removed:
by user
TexasAggie008
AG
Whats interesting is you can actually view cases in last 7 days / last 14 days / all-time, by zip code:

https://covid-analytics-pccinnovation.hub.arcgis.com/

Theres a total of 4,400 new cases in the last 14 days. Some of the 4,400 aren't loaded on map yet, but viewing "New Cases in the last 14 days", the worst zips as currently reported are -

75211 (Cockrell Hill/Oak Cliff) - 175

75217 (SE Dallas) - 130

75040 (Garland) - 111

75207 (E. of Trinity from UTSW to Corinth) - 95

75227 (South of 30, E of downtown) - 92

75061 (Irving south of 183) - 89

Now for primary bar/restaurant areas and areas where their patrons generally live -

75219 (Oak Lawn area) - 41

75204 (Uptown/Deep Elum) - 41

75226 (Deep Elum) - 5

75201 (Uptown/Downtown) - 27

75202 (Downtown) - 3

75206 (M Streets) - 27

75214 (Lakewood) - 19

75205 (H.P./U.P.) - 5

.....So, in summary - I'm not sure that good for nothin millennials and yuppies who aren't wearing masks in Whole Foods and ice house need to be even a top 100 concern of the County....

DFWTLR
AG
Impossible situation? Not quite, he could at the very least let us tax paying citizens know where the local hot spots are, and at most not bankrupt hospitals by driving fear of overcrowding.

Jenkins is clinging to masks as a miracle, he has no plan and never has. Dallas County will continued to be crushed by Collin County outside of garbage deals with uber. Wear a mask if you'd like, but everyone will eventually come to the dark side...
DFWTLR
AG
dave94
AG
I will say that in the last two weeks I've heard personally about a lot of cases around the central Dallas corridor, some involving hospitalization. Things have definitely trended up in the short term.

I'll take mandatory masks over going back to shutting down businesses any day.
dave94
AG
DFWTLR said:

Impossible situation? Not quite, he could at the very least let us tax paying citizens know where the local hot spots are, and at most not bankrupt hospitals by driving fear of overcrowding..

If you're looking for hotspots there have been several restaurants that have shut down because of employees testing positive. I've of heard some in Addison, Deep Ellum and Plano.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.