Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,490 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I plan to discontinue the use of a mask when healthy once this crap is behind us, but using one when I have a cold might become normal. Like they do in Asia.
Credible Source
AG
riverrataggie said:

I had someone tell me the other day that even when masks aren't required they will still wear a mask. They are happy how it has kept them from getting sick this past year.

I'm thinking.. that isn't healthy though, right? Not getting into mask debate, but regardless can someone confirm if this approach is indeed a smart move? I always was led to believe that getting sick and exposed is healthy for your immune as one day its inevitable you will come down with something and you want your body ready.

Can your immune system slow its response or stop working if you continue to protect it to where it doesn't have to act? Just something that crosses my mind now.

I don't know the answer to your question, but wearing a mask doesn't keep you from getting sick. They told us OVER AND OVER again wearing a mask makes you less likely to get someone else sick. I've been convinced for a while some of the mask people think it's protecting them, which makes me laugh even harder. Sure Susan, that old tshirt you're using as a mask is keeping you safe.
Post removed:
by user
riverrataggie
AG
Carl Hungus said:

riverrataggie said:

I had someone tell me the other day that even when masks aren't required they will still wear a mask. They are happy how it has kept them from getting sick this past year.

I'm thinking.. that isn't healthy though, right? Not getting into mask debate, but regardless can someone confirm if this approach is indeed a smart move? I always was led to believe that getting sick and exposed is healthy for your immune as one day its inevitable you will come down with something and you want your body ready.

Can your immune system slow its response or stop working if you continue to protect it to where it doesn't have to act? Just something that crosses my mind now.

I don't the answer to your question, but wearing a mask doesn't keep you from getting sick. They told us OVER AND OVER again wearing a mask makes you less likely to get someone else sick. I've been convicted for a while some of the mask people think it's protecting them, which makes me laugh even harder. Sure Susan, that old tshirt you're using as a mask is keeping you safe.

Well put. I need better friends.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Masks only help if nearly everyone is wearing them. This is why I laugh when 5 out of 100 people are wearing them at the gym now.
Wearing a mask would absolutely make a difference if YOU wear one while being sick. Which is what I'm referring to.
Credible Source
AG
Post removed:
by user
Ol Jock 99
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Quote:

Masks only help if nearly everyone is wearing them. This is why I laugh when 5 out of 100 people are wearing them at the gym now.
Wearing a mask would absolutely make a difference if YOU wear one while being sick. Which is what I'm referring to.

Lol, yeh not doing that but I suppose some might. I'm also not really going out much if I feel terrible anyway though.
Well, I have 4 kids, so not doing stuff isn't an option.
Carlo4
AG
Offered without comment.

Top headline hidden among other articles up on Drudge. 3,763 deaths since first COVID death in Dallas County (year ago today) makes it the leading fatality (right above heart disease and cancer). At the end of the article, research states herd immunity in June.

What I looked up for context: Total population is 2.648 million as of 2020.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/24/covid-19-fatalities-leading-cause-death-dallas-county/

tysker
AG
Carlo4 said:

Offered without comment.

Top headline hidden among other articles up on Drudge. 3,763 deaths since first COVID death in Dallas County (year ago today) makes it the leading fatality (right above heart disease and cancer). At the end of the article, research states herd immunity in June.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/24/covid-19-fatalities-leading-cause-death-dallas-county/

Not sure which is "sadder." That Covid deaths have surpassed the other causes of death or that the number doubled in the last three months.
Quote:

COVID-19 deaths in Dallas County saw their steepest increases starting in December. On Dec. 21, 2020, deaths due to COVID-19 stood at 1,841, but in the following three months deaths more than doubled, adding 1,922 more casualties.

Goose
AG
What's sadder to me is that COVID deaths are considered as such, without any consideration or adjustments made for contributing factors like, heart disease, cancer, respiratory disease, kidney failure, etc. maybe even car accidents for all I know. Added to that, they're comparing reported COVID deaths with estimated other deaths. Doesn't seem like a very dependable way to make definitive assessments.
Credible Source
AG
Goose said:

What's sadder to me is that COVID deaths are considered as such, without any consideration or adjustments made for contributing factors like, heart disease, cancer, respiratory disease, kidney failure, etc. maybe even car accidents for all I know. Added to that, they're comparing reported COVID deaths with estimated other deaths. Doesn't seem like a very dependable way to make definitive assessments.

You're not going to convince a bunch of people that they've been wrecking their lives for no reason. They are pot committed
planoaggie123
AG
Carlo4 said:

Offered without comment.

Hard to die from much else if you are bubble wrapped and stored away for a year.

Would be curious how many of those COVID deaths had terminal / advanced cancer that would have died during that time frame anyways. Same question with heart disease.

We will never know those answers but let's not pretend they were not a significant number....

TexasAggie008
AG
North TX "TSA Area" is at lowest current covid hospitalizations (542 today) since May 26th when there were 533

Dallas Co is at 167 total hospitalizations...which is lowest since sometime in May
Ol Jock 99
Carlo4
AG
Bones08 said:

I've been jarring my urine for weeks. I'm ready.
Been meaning to ask. How is this going?
752bro4
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

North TX "TSA Area" is at lowest current covid hospitalizations (542 today) since May 26th when there were 533

Dallas Co is at 167 total hospitalizations...which is lowest since sometime in May
I'm sure Clay will highlight these facts in his twitter diarrhea later this afternoon. #StayHomeStaySafe
Credible Source
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Carlo4 said:

Offered without comment.

Hard to die from much else if you are bubble wrapped and stored away for a year.

Would be curious how many of those COVID deaths had terminal / advanced cancer that would have died during that time frame anyways. Same question with heart disease.

We will never know those answers but let's not pretend they were not a significant number....

Of course it is, nearly every Covid death had a BMI over 30
TexasAggie008
AG
Preach on, brother Clay!

riverrataggie
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Preach on, brother Clay!

I knew it. Jesus died from COVID.
YouBet
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Preach on, brother Clay!

Lol. Good lord.
TexasAggie008
AG
For months now he's been playing up the narrative that following covid guidance (masks, social distancing, yada yada) is patriotic.....Now he's obviously playing up the religious angle.

Aka - a few months back, some PR / messaging strategist "expert" ran through a PowerPoint in Clay's office that concluded something along the lines of: "Those who question the science of masks/social distancing/getting vaccinated are likely to rank patriotism and religion ahead of almost all other components of their self identity. Thus - the key to converting these science-deniers is, from here forward, subtly positioning the arguments for following covid guidelines in a way that tricks these rubes into viewing compliance as "patriotic" and "Christian"

....and here we are
MGS
You can't trust government officials, Jesus was murdered by the government.

See, two can play that game.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
MGS said:

You can't trust government officials, Jesus was murdered by the government.

Yeah but THIS TIME it's totally different, broseph.
Credible Source
AG
riverrataggie said:

TexasAggie008 said:

Preach on, brother Clay!

I knew it. Jesus died from COVID.

Omg it's all so gay. Covid is dumb and so are the people afraid of it. I'm starting to wish it was actually dangerous
TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/04/02/beto-orourke-says-hes-not-planning-to-challenge-greg-abbott-for-texas-governor/

O'Rourke said that Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins and Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo would be strong candidates against Abbott.

"How about a Democrat like Clay Jenkins, the county judge of Dallas County, who has, in contrast, absolutely distinguished himself in the professionalism with which he's met both the pandemic and the rollout of the vaccine?" O'Rourke asked. "How about somebody like Lina Hidalgo, the county judge in Harris County, who has disregarded the polls and the conventional wisdom and instead followed the best public health advice and science and guidance from medical practitioners?"

Jenkins, who has clashed with Abbott over pandemic issues, said he's focusing on defeating COVID-19 and getting Dallas County through the coronavirus crisis.

But there have been rumblings in Democratic Party circles about a movement to draft Jenkins.

Hidalgo is considered a rising star on the Texas political scene. A statewide or high profile race is likely in her future, but running against Abbott in 2022 may be too soon.

Rubble
AG
Shocking...
YouBet
AG
I believe some of us called this way back in the first pages of this thread.
GAC06
AG
Imagine the difference in Texas if Jenkins had been governor throughout this. We'd be under stay a home "order" right now.
YouBet
AG
GAC06 said:

Imagine the difference in Texas if Jenkins had been governor throughout this. We'd be under stay a home "order" right now.
We would be way worse off and look like some of the blue states but this dumbass is going to be held as a hero like Cuomo was. At least he hasn't killed anyone or sexually assaulted anyone.
akaggie05
AG
YouBet said:

At least he hasn't killed anyone or sexually assaulted anyone that we know about, yet.

FIFY
Credible Source
AG
YouBet said:

GAC06 said:

We would be way worse off and look like some of the blue states but this dumbass is going to be held as a hero like Cuomo was. At least he hasn't killed anyone or sexually assaulted anyone.

That we know of
Hood
AG
Based on his behavior at Baylor, there could very well be some allegations waiting to come down if his pursuit of higher office gains steam.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Do you really think anything he could have possibly done in school would make a difference? He could have assaulted a 16 year old gay transgendered minority woman and worn a Trump mask while doing it and the media wouldn't report on it if he's a D running against an R.
Phat32
AG
Lina is as qualified to be governor as Steve-O from Jackass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.