Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,482 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
TxAgLaw03RW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RISD here as well. I did appreciate Dr. Stone's last update where she said it's not RISD's role to pick which laws they will follow, so I have to believe she'll stick with Abbott until the Texas Supreme Court settles this. Im just praying they go our way and don't let Jenkins have free reign over us or we'll have vaccine passports in no time.

God forbid we have a more deadly virus in the future. Jenkins and most of Dallas County who worships authoritarianism will be welding our doors shut or rounding us up.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
TexasAggie008
AG
So if/when the Texas Supreme Court tosses this - that's the final word on this issue not only for covid but for future "public health emergencies" too, right?

Or are there other appeals Clay and others like him can make?
tysker
AG
Classes start next week and my kids RISD JH hasn't even provided a class schedules for kids, let alone guidance on backpacks/lockers, cafeteria scheduling, extra curriculars, etc... I wonder many resources are instead being spent dealing covid protocols
Bob Knights Paper Hands
tysker said:

Classes start next week and my kids RISD JH hasn't even provided a class schedules for kids, let alone guidance on backpacks/lockers, cafeteria scheduling, extra curriculars, etc... I wonder many resources are instead being spent dealing covid protocols

Yep that's the big concern for me as well, aside from the demand for individuals to follow rules placed outside the bounds of their legal authority.

They're going to spend so much time dealing with **** from parents and teachers about this issue that we don't feel prepared for school to start. Maybe they'll surprise me, we do have some really good administrators at our school.
oldag941
AG
Walk and chewing gum. Trust me, they are working feverishly on starting school. Convocation rehearsal is going on now. Our junior high "roundup" is this afternoon (meet teachers, get schedules, swag etc). Things are cruising along with the top administrators absorbing a lot of the political / COVID stuff so their schools can maintain focus.
double aught
AG
Most of these administrators are good people trying their best in a no win situation. Something to keep in mind when some of you start getting all hot and bothered.
YouBet
AG
FYI - Deaths in Dallas County are down 8.7% in 7 day average so we may be seeing the peak now.

Source: CDC
Old Buffalo
AG
I don't think that's the best indicator.

Typically indicators are in this order:

Antigen positivity
PCR positivity
Cases
Hospitalizations
Deaths
YouBet
AG
Old Buffalo said:

I don't think that's the best indicator.

Typically indicators are in this order:

Antigen positivity
PCR positivity
Cases
Hospitalizations
Deaths
It and hospitalizations are really the only indicators that matter in an endemic. The first three are noise at this point.

Also, if we are following the normal life cycle of this virus then it's a good indicator. Delta has been around for several weeks so we may be hitting peak and going over, hopefully.

It clearly varies by community as well.

Harris is down 14% on the 7 day average.

However, Travis and Bexar are up significantly.
duck79
AG
Prosper started today. Masks optional with no remote option. At the meet the teacher on Monday night we didn't see any teachers with masks.

Suck it clay
tysker
AG
double aught said:

Most of these administrators are good people trying their best in a no win situation. Something to keep in mind when some of you start getting all hot and bothered.
I don't think anyone is questioning the goodness or quality of administrators. But I think its fair to question if the use of time and resources imposed by elected board members is appropriate and inline with the primary function and purpose of the institution.

Teachers are unhappy and leaving, students aren't engaged and learning, and parents are frustrated and confused. The mask or no mask debate is just emblematic of larger issues.
Post removed:
by user
double aught
AG
harge57 said:

CDC reports that for the week of July 31 the rate of hospitalization with Covid for children 5 to 17 was 0.5 per 100,000,

The hospitalization rate for school aged kids looks just like it did during the last peak. Basically nonexistent.

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/covidnet/covid19_3.html
Thanks for the link.
752bro4
AG
GFY Clay

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
So any commercial facility, not just schools. I will not comply.
DFWTLR
AG
Hahaha, his "order":

Face covering strongly urged - General Public
wangus12
AG
duck79 said:

Prosper started today. Masks optional with no remote option. At the meet the teacher on Monday night we didn't see any teachers with masks.

Suck it clay
That how its gonna be currently I believe at Love Joy for my wife. Thank God I live in Collin Co. Unfortunately I work in Dallas
YouBet
AG
What is example of a "commercial facility"?
harge57
AG
Email I got back from RISD board:

We will continue to follow the law. Judge Jenkins has enacted a new mask mandate for Dallas County. We will require masks for all students, staff and parents entering any of our facilties beginning tomorrow until the mandate is removed. I know this has been a roller coaster ride and I apologize. Unfortunately, ISD's have become political footballs. All we can do is follow the law that is imposed upon our schools.

Thank you so much for your email and your patience
2wealfth Man
AG
YouBet said:

Quit worrying about definitions or Jenkins; just live your life. This order is not valid.
YouBet
AG
harge57 said:

We will continue to follow the law. Judge Jenkins has enacted a new mask mandate for Dallas County. We will require masks for all students, staff and parents entering any of our facilties beginning tomorrow until the mandate is removed. I know this has been a roller coaster ride and I apologize. Unfortunately, ISD's have become political footballs. All we can do is follow the law that is imposed upon our schools.

The only laws that matter are the ones Democrats support.
YouBet
AG
2wealfth Man said:

YouBet said:

Quit worrying about definitions or Jenkins; just live your life. This order is not valid.
I'm not worried about it. I'm curious what a "commercial facility" is defined as in this order.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Not sure if serious, but if you are, it's any business, building, facility, or place in Dallas County that provides goods or services to the public. I imagine I'll get an email from the gym any minute informing they are going back to the policies in place back in March. Such bs.

Read the second page of Clay's "order" that details this part.
riverrataggie
AG
752bro4 said:

GFY Clay

My takeaway is this disaster act of 1975 needs to go. I'm sure it had good intentions but it's thrown around way to much.

It's like opera. You get a disaster, you get a disaster, and so on

Next time I go into the work bathroom and John drops as a nasty load I'm gonna declare a disaster and use Clay's order here as a template.

Oh and **** off Clay.
harge57
AG
Hidden in this is a mask requirement for day care students over 2. That's right you 2, 3, and 4 year olds are supposed to wear a mask all day.
YouBet
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Not sure if serious, but if you are, it's any business, building, facility, or place in Dallas County that provides goods or services to the public. I imagine I'll get an email from the gym any minute informing they are going back to the policies in place back in March. Such bs.

Read the second page of Clay's "order" that details this part.
I wasn't sure if we were talking about something else for some reason. I will own that one.

So, we are back to full mask requirements everywhere in Dallas. Awesome.

Can't move away from Dallas soon enough.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Same here
DFWTLR
AG
No chance any daycare follows this, every parent with a brain will pull their child out immediately. The first one that leaves they'll cave.
Teslag
AG
DFWTLR said:

No chance any daycare follows this, every parent with a brain will pull their child out immediately. The first one that leaves they'll cave.

Will probably be overturned by the all republican Texas Supreme Court before it's an issue.
YouBet
AG
Salute The Marines said:

DFWTLR said:

Will probably be overturned by the all republican Texas Supreme Court before it's an issue.
Will that even matter? Seriously.

Laws really don't have consequences anymore if you are on the left side of the equation.
fav13andac1)c
AG
harge57 said:

Hidden in this is a mask requirement for day care students over 2. That's right you 2, 3, and 4 year olds are supposed to wear a mask all day.
Meh, my 4 year old son has been required to wear a mask for a year and it's normal for him now.
YouBet
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

harge57 said:

Meh, my 4 year old son has been required to wear a mask for a year and it's normal for him now.

It's just dehumanizing and sets up your kid to never question anything, not be a critical thinker, and just be a drone.

Meh.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
How long are you comfortable putting a muzzle on your 4-year-old?
cp2011
AG
harge57 said:

Email them back: "Laws are passed in Congress"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.