Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,142 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Twice an Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, testing backlogs are hitting as we catch up on processing. Good example: Collin County had 42 new cases today...but over 500 test results delivered. So what looks like a spike was actually a sub 10% positive rate...just a lot more tests resulted.
TexasAggie008
AG
Sounds like tabc scumbags shut down ice house (For not qualifying as a restaurant)

Was there yesterday and couldn't have possibly been a safer set up - they made you order food item if you ordered booze

Hopefully abbot expands the definition Soon so common since can prevail
FTAco07
AG
About to head to Rustic after driving by and seeing tables set up all over the grass outside the patio with huge spacing between them. If Ice House got shut down I'm not sure how Rustic will qualify but going to give it a shot.
TexasAggie008
AG
It's the 51% thing I think ... hopefully for ice house it's a matter of showing some paper work and re opening, who knows

The giant outdoor patio in the hot sun should be a no brainer
FTAco07
AG
That's definitely it. The original order allowing takeout was based on your liquor license type which is almost always restaurant if you serve food. Ice House and others opened based on that same logic but the state changed the rule and for some reason decided to use the 51% threshold for reopening. Absolutely ridiculous.

Rustic is definitely >51% like ice house so we'll see how it goes.
TexasAggie008
AG
Hell just make it "outdoor patio only"

Common since
YouBet
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Hell just make it "outdoor patio only"

Common since
Are you going to finish your sentence?
TexasAggie008
AG
Grammar nazis = non essential workers
YouBet
FTAco07
AG
Status update: Rustic has a great, very physically distanced, setup and it's a beautiful day.
Hood
AG
Hood said:

Here's a COVID dashboard for Texas only.

One of the pages has Trauma Service Area (TSA) Hospital Data. We are all in TSA E. TSA E has 7.8 million people within it. The number of active COVID patients in TSA E is 611.

611 active COVID patients in North Central Texas.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83
Yesterday's active COVID patient number is 636.
Phat32
AG
Wow it's that low? Even if it was 6,000 I'm not sure I'd be going crazy.
wbt5845
AG
Mexican restaurants (run by real Mexicans) is you're best bet for flaunting the maximum number rules. Last night at El Arroyo in Arlington was like old times.
Comeby!
AG
Trucker 96
Yeah, we have been getting takeout from a local mexican joint in Plano and they have had a very good, orderly process for it over the past 6 weeks. But we ordered takeout yesterday and the pickup process was a non-social distancing mess. I think having people actually dining in may have stretched their ability to handle it all well, although they seemed to be observing the capacity rules. But I also think the lessened restrictions inspired some truly sheltering-in people to at least "brave" getting takeout yesterday. In any case, what was a well oiled curbside/bring-to-your-car process turned into a cluster**** of people having to get it on the patio with a ****load of people crowding around
nai06
AG
wbt5845 said:

Mexican restaurants (run by real Mexicans) is you're best bet for flaunting the maximum number rules. Last night at El Arroyo in Arlington was like old times.

Say again?
Hincemm
AG
The one on cooper?
planoaggie123
AG
What has been your go-to for takeout in Plano?

We "discovered" El Norte from this quarantine. We did Mi Cocina to go a few times and felt like they were skimping. We heard about Norte and they give lots of food, it's well organized and tastes pretty good. While it won't ever be a regular place for us we will definitely continue to use them for pickup or the occasional dine in from here in out.
Trucker 96
We like salsa texmex at Legacy and Independence. Very popular local spot.
planoaggie123
AG
I have heard that is good. We use to live close to it but moved a little further south. May give it a shot someday.
duck79
AG
They have spots in Prosper and Frisco as well. Good spot.
Hood
AG
Take it to the Tex-Mex thread...
Bobcat06
AG
Tried Rio Bravo near Alma and Legacy the other day. I was very pleased. I will order there again
Hood
AG
Hood said:

Hood said:

Here's a COVID dashboard for Texas only.

One of the pages has Trauma Service Area (TSA) Hospital Data. We are all in TSA E. TSA E has 7.8 million people within it. The number of active COVID patients in TSA E is 611.

611 active COVID patients in North Central Texas.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ed483ecd702b4298ab01e8b9cafc8b83
Yesterday's active COVID patient number is 636.
Yesterday's active COVD patient number is 530!

That's a day over day drop of 106 people. I would not have expected a drop that big. I would expect phase II to begin on time two Friday/Mondays from now - whenever it was originally scheduled.
hatchback
AG
234 new confirmed cases in Dallas County and 1 additional death.
John Francis Donaghy
New case numbers always drop over the weekend. The weekend numbers have been catching back up on Mondays and Tuesdays. So you've got to look back after Tuesday to get the real picture of how things went through the weekend. Hopefully the drop holds up.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I might be mistaken but 234 is the largest single day increase for Dallas so far.
Phat32
AG
Correct. I've never seen a number over 200.
CowtownEng
The number of people testing positive will continue to increase just based on the increase in overall tests which are now being performed. The overall percentage of tests which are positive in the DFW area appears to be pretty consistent over the past few weeks.

Its reasonable to expect that we will also start to see additional positive cases as the economy starts to open again, but the data is so inconsistent that it might be difficult to really tell without corresponsing hospital admission data.
TSUAggie
Seems a little suspect to me that the minute the state tries to open things back up, Dallas County can suddenly start testing more and report record high numbers every day. Jenkins going to work over time to keep the doom & gloom narrative going.
TexasAggie008
AG
He is pure corruption
Trucker 96
Jenkins is an ambulance chaser by trade. Remember that folks.
riverrataggie
AG
The cases per day number is bs. Open this **** back up.
hatchback
AG
I might be mistaken, but part of the open Texas plan that the governor announced was increased testing across the state. So, it's not just Dallas County that's "conveniently" testing more people.
powerbelly
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

Jenkins is an ambulance chaser by trade. Remember that folks.

He is considered a scumbag among ambulance chasers. Remember that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.