Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,507 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
duck79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes it's possible. It's TABCs way of making a killing right now and telling all the bars to pay to change their license type. It's happening all over the state.
JDL 96
Regulatory circus. That's where we are. It's about gotcha and gaming the system. Health concerns aren't really an issue. They are just an excuse.
TxAG#2011
Some bars are charging an expensive "cover" and then crediting it off on the bill
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wasn't that spire club downtown gaming the system by selling you a $300 pizza and then they throw in a bottle of vodka for free? Also probably avoiding taxes as well.
Phat32
AG
Anytime it's that easy to circumvent a rule, the rule was probably a joke in the first place.
Comeby!
AG
What's the current private gathering limit, 10?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Depends. Is this a lawful gathering or a "protest" gathering?
Comeby!
AG
Hypothetically speaking of course, a group of young folks gathering in the evening in October for a potential recreational activity.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
If the young folk are gathering to discuss social and racial injustices with a sprinkle of police reform, you are free to gather in an unrestricted fashion.
riverrataggie
AG
On the safe side you may want to bring a can of spray paint and ask a couple people to dress in black.
Comeby!
AG
Ya'll are savage.
webgem08
AG
Latest death data from Dallas County. Lower than May levels.

Phat32
AG
Two more weeks fam
planoaggie123
AG
Two weeks after no deaths worldwide....
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well, looks like we are firing up the roller coaster again. Daily cases trending back up.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Link?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Doc Jock and I follow the numbers daily. ClayJay's Twitter for daily. I'll find the UTD dashboard that is pretty good in a minute.

There has been a TON of noise in the numbers as the State can't get their **** together, but they are, just like Europe started a few ago, trending back up.
Ol Jock 99
AG
https://urbanpolicyresearch.org/covid19/county-data-dashboard

Dallas County's 7 day says it is improved, but that is only because on an insane noise day last week.

450 today, 475 yesterday, 300 Saturday....we had been running around 100 for a month until around a week ago.
dgb99
AG
Does anyone have a source for hospital data in the Dallas area similar to what TMC puts together for Houston area?
https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/tmc-daily-new-covid-19-hospitalizations/

I don't know enough about the hospital systems in the area to check whether there might be something similar.

Edit: Doh! I must have been typing as OJ99 posted his link which seems intended to be similar report although the hospital data is currently missing (and I'm not sure how long it has been missing or if it is just a temporary blip).
agcrock2005
AG
****, so we're all going to die again?
Robert C. Christian
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Thanks to Aggie football I'm already dead on the inside. What does that mean for me and COVID?
DFWTLR
AG
Over 125 of those are from September though, I'm sure its going up some, but there ate still many backlogged.
Phat32
AG
agcrock2005 said:

In two weeks
riverrataggie
AG
yukmonkey said:

agcrock2005 said:

In two weeks

Doesn't take that long. I've died twice already
John Francis Donaghy
riverrataggie said:

yukmonkey said:

agcrock2005 said:

In two weeks

Good. Only 8 more deaths to go.

Then bowl season, maybe. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.
riverrataggie
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

riverrataggie said:

yukmonkey said:

agcrock2005 said:

In two weeks

Good. Only 8 more deaths to go.

Then bowl season, maybe. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Well played.
YouBet
AG
Positive case counts are irrelevant.
Ol Jock 99
AG
YouBet said:

Not really. The trend we've seen (globally) in the first wave is spike in cases -> spike in hospitalizations -> spike in deaths. Will that be the case in the 2nd wave (if this is the 2nd wave)? We'll have to see as this is still a new bug.
Keegan99
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

YouBet said:

Not really. The trend we've seen (globally) in the first wave is spike in cases -> spike in hospitalizations -> spike in deaths. Will that be the case in the 2nd wave (if this is the 2nd wave)? We'll have to see as this is still a new bug.

If Europe is any indication... No.

Despite all their "cases", there is no excess mortality.
YouBet
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

YouBet said:

Hospitalization rates have continued to go down even after we've started opening up. Some docs think it's because COVID has mutated to a less severe virus which is the norm for these virus types.

I just think positive cases bury the lead and shouldn't be the focus anymore now that we've figured out how to treat it.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Maybe. We'll see.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51768274
Keegan99
AG
France is two months into their casedemic.

No excess mortality.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/france

Where there are fatalities, it is in the regions of the country that did not reach saturation earlier.

Aaaaaand Sweden is still humming along just fine. No masks. No crazy closing of businesses. Just life as normal with some modest restrictions on large gatherings. Almost as if they, stuck to established plans, didn't panic, and played the long game.
Goose
AG
For the number of positive test results per day to be a relevant statistic, the number of tests administered per day has to be taken into account.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Goose said:

For the number of positive test results per day to be a relevant statistic, the number of tests administered per day has to be taken into account.
Percent positive is indeed very important. And equally hard to find in my experience.
YouBet
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Goose said:

Percent positive is indeed very important. And equally hard to find in my experience.
It's currently assumed that we are only diagnosing 1 in 10 cases putting your death rate at around 0.3% which is a little higher than the flu. So the vast majority of folks are going on about their lives with mild to no symptoms. Also, we now understand how to treat this and you have 8 vaccines in Phase 3 trials with experts saying we will have one with efficacy next year. (I won't be in line for that initially, thank you very much.)

Positive cases simply aren't as relevant on Oct 6 as they were in April because of what we know today. It's irrelevant.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.