Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,659 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
webgem08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieFactor said:

So is Jenkins on the UTSW payroll? Every R0 graph I have seen for Dallas county has the R0 peak near the beginning of June and it has been going down ever since. Magically UTSWs R0 graph lines up perfectly with Jenkins' mask mandate, supports his Memorial day claim, and somehow shows the R0 back above 1 right now when there is absolutely no evidence to support this.

I noticed after UTSW's last update, they were using daily positive counts based upon date of report and not date-of-test. So their analyses are based upon laundered data. FWIW.
Ol Jock 99
AG
ClayJay is getting later and later with releasing the daily numbers.
YouBet
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

ClayJay is getting later and later with releasing the daily numbers.

I bet he jerked off to the "cold front" this week hoping it would somehow herald the flu season so he could magnify his fake crisis.
ac04
i'm no clay fan but the fan fiction about what he's probably doing is getting tiresome.
Ol Jock 99
AG
ac04 said:

i'm no clay fan but the fan fiction about what he's probably doing is getting tiresome.

Ding ding ding
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Continuing the false flag reporting of Memorial day, Sturgis rally, and 4th of July as the blame for our summer spike is what is getting tiresome to me when thousands of paid protestors travel the country to start riots with little care for covid precautions.

As for Clay, he has lied, reported propaganda, and continued to push "worst case" models as fact and science in order to maximize fear. I think he deserves whatever he gets in the way of internet insults.
YouBet
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Continuing the false flag reporting of Memorial day, Sturgis rally, and 4tg of July has the blame for our summer spike is what is getting tiresome to me when thousands of paid protestors travel the country to start riots with little care for covid precautions.

As for Clay, he has lied, reported propaganda, and continued to push "worst case" models as fact and science in order to maximize fear. I think he deserves whatever he gets in the way of internet insults.
Yep.
double aught
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I think he deserves whatever he gets in the way of internet insults.
He's not reading this. But many people who are have grown tired of it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
So the big problem is people having to scroll through silly posts on an internet message board?
John Francis Donaghy
Bob Knights Liver said:

So the big problem is people having to scroll through silly posts on an internet message board?

No, the problem is scrolling through slight variations of the same silly post from the same handful of posters over and over and over again, for months on end.

I'd say it's beating a dead horse, but at this point it's more like beating a bottle of glue. We get it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Interesting that the solution is to add more repeated silly posts from the same posters complaining about the initial repeated silly posts. Maybe the ignore function would be more effective and civil?
YouBet
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

No, the problem is scrolling through slight variations of the same silly post from the same handful of posters over and over and over again, for months on end.

I'd say it's beating a dead horse, but at this point it's more like beating a bottle of glue. We get it.

Your welcome!
powerbelly
AG

Bob Knights Liver said:

No one is forcing you to read the thread or those posts. Use the ignore function.
riverrataggie
AG

Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm one of the posters who posts the same stuff over and over about judge Leroy. Let's give it two more weeks for my posts to get better.
double aught
AG
Ok, that's not bad.
Ol Jock 99
AG
160-6 today.

Have a friend on one of the vaccine trials. Hopefully they're starting to get close.
DFWTLR
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

160-6 today.

Have a friend on one of the vaccine trials. Hopefully they're starting to get close.

A vaccine won't change much, Fauci already said he will advise keeping the same or more strict protocols until the end of 2021. Plus no one will get a vaccine that's been rushed like this one has for a virus that is mostly asymptomatic if you're under 60 and healthy.
Hood
AG
Yeah, I would imagine the target for the vaccine would be seniors that are ****ing tired of being holed up in their homes for the past year.
DFWTLR
AG
Agree, but unfortunately it won't change much for the rest of the country. Everyone I know is going about life as usual outside of a mask, but would be nice to get rid of those as well soon.
JDL 96
I'm seeing more people without masks in public. I'll remove my in places where there are others without one. I don't want to be the last sucker wearing a mask.
Phat32
AG
Pandemic is over. Should be treated as such.
MGS
MGS said:

bump
Phat32
AG
MGS said:

MGS said:

bump
Just unbelievable that a public health press conference actually promoted this.
tysker
AG
How did that California-style "shelter-in-place" turn out for California?
Ag CPA
AG
Per Abbott, establishments currently with 50% capacity caps (offices, restaurants, gyms, retail, etc.) can increase to 75% on Monday. Bars still closed. Still have to wear your mask.
YouBet
AG
Ag CPA said:

Per Abbott, establishments currently with 50% capacity caps (offices, restaurants, gyms, retail, etc.) can increase to 75% on Monday. Bars still closed. Still have to wear your mask.
I don't.
Hood
AG
I have to say I'm a bit shocked that bars aren't allowed to open at all.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Hood said:

Huge source of cases. Just ask Nashville.
Hood
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Hood said:

Huge source of cases. Just ask Nashville.
That sound you don't hear is dozens of Dem-controlled municipalities in Texas scrubbing their email and phones of all records of them suppressing data contrary to fear.
YouBet
AG
Hood said:

I'm starting to think COVID is being used as an excuse to implement a version of old school prohibition. It's just stupid.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
YouBet said:

Hood said:

I'm starting to think COVID is being used as an excuse to implement a version of old school prohibition. It's just stupid.
It's more blame the millennials BS. If they want to target places to shut down for preservation of life, they should target places people my age go. Non-chain barbershops, cafeteria style restaurants, and proctologist offices. That's the **** that should be shut down. Let the 20 somethings get drunk and hit on chicks.
gomerschlep
AG
Hood said:

Plenty open in Fort Worth. They just started "serving food" as a workaround to the 51% rule. Many just have snack sized bags of chips they hand out at the door.
TxAG#2011
Hood said:

Bars and clubs are open. They've all gotten around it with the food thing.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Keep alcohol sales below 51%? The glass is $5, beer is $1. Food truck outside.
AggieFactor
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

Keep alcohol sales below 51%? The glass is $5, beer is $1. Food truck outside.
Is this actually possible? Asking because it sounds like an awesome loop hole. Just charge for a bunch of "rentals" as if you were a bowling alley, skating rink, or TopGolf. Glass rental? Table rental? And then your actual alcohol portion is crazy low.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.