Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,137 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spoke tonight at Southlake board meeting. None of the board members were masked. Has to be a good sign. Right?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Hospitals are suspending elective and day surgeries again.
GAC06
AG
Timing seems strange
Yesterday
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Which ones? Buddy who is in Medical Sales and in the OR for electives said they haven't been notified.
Phat32
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Feel like this would be all over the local news. Without a fancy doctor tag, I am assuming this is hearsay.
Hincemm
AG
Yesterday said:

Spoke tonight at Southlake board meeting. None of the board members were masked. Has to be a good sign. Right?

It's southlake and what id expect

How old are your kiddos?
DFWTLR
AG
Phat32 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Feel like this would be all over the local news. Without a fancy doctor tag, I am assuming this is hearsay.

UTSW and Clay just revised down their estimates of hospitalizations, and seems like we are peaking, so doubt many hospitals are suspending elective surgeries.
Robert C. Christian
AG
DFWTLR said:

Phat32 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

UTSW and Clay just revised down their estimates of hospitalizations, and seems like we are peaking, so doubt many hospitals are suspending elective surgeries.
Here is the UTSW Report (interesting for graphs and data). Slide 3 says the expect to peak in two weeks time.

Slide 11 is interesting to see the admission numbers by age groups as Tarrant and Denton counties have almost no <18 admission but Dallas and Collin admissions compare with other ages.

The other two interesting slides (to me anyways) are comparing the number of hospital beds occupied(slide 6) with the cases per 100k (slide 13). Looks like it took a lot shorter time (and less cases per 100k) to get to January levels.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Following the UTD dashboard, which I've referenced a couple times on here, it does look like we've plateaued. Hope that keeps.
DFWTLR
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

DFWTLR said:

Phat32 said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Here is the UTSW Report (interesting for graphs and data). Slide 3 says the expect to peak in two weeks time.

Slide 11 is interesting to see the admission numbers by age groups as Tarrant and Denton counties have almost no <18 admission but Dallas and Collin admissions compare with other ages.

The other two interesting slides (to me anyways) are comparing the number of hospital beds occupied(slide 6) with the cases per 100k (slide 13). Looks like it took a lot shorter time (and less cases per 100k) to get to January levels.

The utsw report predicted higher hospitalizations a couple weeks ago than they are today. Clay is using this to claim his fake mask mandate had an impact even though no one is wearing a mask.
double aught
AG
I don't know what effect it's had, but people are wearing masks almost everywhere I've been in Dallas county.
Old Buffalo
AG
double aught said:

I don't know what effect it's had, but people are wearing masks almost everywhere I've been in Dallas county.
None.
Yesterday
AG
double aught said:

Not in West Dallas County. Other than Whole Foods, masks are 50/50 at best. Went to The bank and Kroger and the over whelming majority where without masks.

Vaccines definitely help. Masks have not. In my opinion.
FincAg
AG
Old Buffalo said:

double aught said:

None.

When speaking in absolutes you will always be wrong.
Old Buffalo
AG
DFWTLR
AG
double aught said:

I'll concur with the 4 others before me, at most I have seen 25% masks at super target where the risk has to be next to zero.
YouBet
AG
I'm inside 635 and masks are pretty ubiquitous. Im seeing maybe 10% that don't wear one.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
I'm inside 635 and see about 10% who wear one.
YouBet
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

I'm inside 635 and see about 10% who wear one.
One of us is lying and since you seem to be an attorney I think it's safe to say it's you.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm inside 635-better than 50%. Less than last time, way more than this spring/summer.

Kroger in Lake Highlands employees went from <20% to >80% overnight last week.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Ha, nice. Not lying, I'm not seeing many at the places I'm at on a regular basis.
riverrataggie
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Ha, nice. Not lying, I'm not seeing many at the places I'm at on a regular basis.

Same. I'm in Lakewood and maybe 20% at restaurants around here. Even taking kids to school very few wear them. At they Y, maybe 10% if that. Even the staff doesn't wear them.

People are done with masks and don't care.
YouBet
AG
How about this role reversal....I went to AAA yesterday to get my hunting license and while all the employees were maskless I was forced to wear one in order to do the transaction. First time I've seen that or had that happen.
DannyDuberstein
AG
YouBet said:

How about this role reversal....I went to AAA yesterday to get my hunting license and while all the employees were maskless I was forced to wear one in order to do the transaction. First time I've seen that or had that happen.

LOL. Now that is reaching a new level of nonsense
YouBet
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

YouBet said:

LOL. Now that is reaching a new level of nonsense
I was kind of in shock and utterly confused, but I also swore I was not going back to Academy where the line the day before was 30 deep with 1 cash register open.

They told me at AAA I was literally their first ever customer who had purchased a hunting license from them (at this branch anyway). I had to walk them through the process to the point that I had to do some quick tech support and hook their printer up because they didn't know what to do.
DFWTLR
AG
YouBet said:

Sounds like most were maskless
Phat32
AG
Costco - 80% masks
Starbucks inside - 90% masks
Rest of DFW including gyms - 5% masks

This has been my experience.

Still enjoy seeing the morons wearing them in their car by themselves. You do you buddy.
Yesterday
AG
Yesterday said:

Ol Jock 99 said:

Which ones? Buddy who is in Medical Sales and in the OR for electives said they haven't been notified.

Same buddy said this today.

Electives shut down at JPS, Dallas presby, medical city Fort Worth and plano Presby. Cooks children's opened separate third ICU due to overflow
Ol Jock 99
AG
Huh. Weird that.
Keegan99
AG
Update on bad modeling from UTSW.

On August 4th their experts predicted 1500+ hospitalizations by August 23rd.

The actual on August 23rd was about half that. Here it is September 7th and the wave is peaking with hospitalizations around 1k.

TexasAggie008
AG
yep, this has been happening since the start.......the UTSW "Weekly Projection" scheme basically is:

-over-shoot projected hospitalizations by an ungodly amount

-coordinate with DMN/local media to elevate these doomsday projections and scare the hell out of the masses

-reward the scared masses whenever #s inevitably plateau / fall by providing updated quotes to the press stating that this #curveflattening is happening because of Dallas' loyal subjects' adherence to supreme leader Clay and Dr. Huang's expert guidance (masks masks and more masks!)

Example from yesterday:

TexasAggie008
AG
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/ut-southwestern-dallas-county-covid-hospitalizations-peak-next-rise-tarrant/287-5eff5b75-cdbd-4174-94f9-8d0c25666dae

Look at the actual quotes in this article from some of UTSW's resident "experts"; its a f'king cult....

"If you ask me like a week ago where I said I said we pretty dire we are accelerating at a very fast rate in terms of specially in hospitalizations," Dr. Mujeeb Basit, the associate director of the clinical informatics center at UT Southwestern said. "What we're seeing is more people are wearing masks. More people are socially distancing, and more people are getting vaccinated."

"Stopping the transmission of that one person, can you know a month from now impact potentially a lot of people," he said. "Even small differences in terms of mask wearing that may prevent that one person from getting infected has enormous benefit to society."

"It's not saying don't do anything and stay at home, but really think about the activities that you're going to do to try to reduce that interaction and keep your loved ones safe."

"Specifically for this weekend, if you had contact with a lot of people please get tested. That can help us a lot in controlling the spread," Nandy said. "If we test and someone tests positive then we can isolate that individual early and that goes a long way in controlling the spread."
DFWTLR
AG
No mention of Collin County and their lack of mask mandates, somehow their hospitalizations are dropping quickly too.
riverrataggie
AG
Nobody is wearing masks in Dallas county Clay.
double aught
AG
Not my experience whatsoever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.