Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

389,529 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My church seems to be doing just fine hitting my ACH every week. The only thing they're missing is my kid dropping $1 in the basket.
culdeus
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

culdeus said:

I am sure they will be happy to take PayPal or whatever.

Most churches are dependent on Sunday morning donations. And most don't have the reserves to handle this. My sister is in charge of her church is little preschool in corpus and is about to have to lay off everyone.
Well, I mean a lot of business are in the same situation. Churches are a service based economy, not different from restaurants or movie theaters. Ultimately, there will need to be some bailout to help those impacted by reduced revenue and unemployment.

Bringing people together in mass gatherings is simply not viable right now.
hatchback
AG
Frisco isn't making any changes with restaurants.
double aught
AG
Guess the rest of us will sacrifice then and do all the work for them.
Ol Jock 99
AG
EDIT...expected to... Governor just shut it all down. State wide.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Link or details? Shut what down and for how long?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Wozlaw said:

Link or details? Shut what down and for how long?
Sorry, looks like it is EXPECTED that he will.
hatchback
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2020/03/19/abbott-announces-temporary-statewide-school-restaurant-gym-closures/

Quote:

AUSTIN -- Gov. Greg Abbott is temporarily closing schools, restaurants, gyms and bars statewide in his most sweeping step yet to stop the spread of novel coronavirus. The order is effective at midnight tomorrow and continues until April 3, he said Thursday.

"All jurisdictions must work to contain the spread of COVID-19 for at least the next two weeks," he said.
Until Thursday, Abbott had left much of the decision-making to mayors, county leaders and elected school boards, resulting in a patchwork of restrictions. Dallas and Fort Worth closed restaurants, for example, but Frisco has not.

The varied approach frustrated some local officials, who warned their own strict rules could be undermined by neighboring counties with more lax restrictions.

"If all this accomplishes is that the bars in Dallas County close, and there's three times as many people in the bars in the surrounding counties we haven't done much to keep our community safe," Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said Monday. The county has bared public gatherings of more than 50 people, shuttered gyms and closed restaurants. "We need the state to come in and lay out some parameters," Jenkins said.
DFWTLR
AG
Executive order to close all dine in resteraunts, bars, gyms, and schools until April 4. Social gatherings to less than 10 people, state wide order.
TSUAggie
So what happens to those that don't follow the new rules?
OlRock
AG
corona, duh!
wangus12
AG
TSUAggie said:

Someone asked Dallas county that yesterday and they responded they didn't know, but something like a class B misdemeanor which has fines/punishments of up to $2k/180 days in jail
MGS
something something the right of the people peaceably to assemble...
John Francis Donaghy
MGS said:

something something the right of the people peaceably to assemble...

Content neutral. Time, Place, and Manner restrictions are fair game.
jpd301
AG
Dallas County Summary thru 8:00 PM March 19

Total Cases 74
Ages 0-17 = 1 (1.4%)
18-40 = 26 (35.1%)
41-60 = 25 (33.8%)
over 60 = 22 (29.7%)

Female 44.6% Male 55.4%

Cities with Cases
Balch Springs, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Coppell (2), Dallas (51), DeSoto, Farmers Branch (2), Garland (4), Irving (5), Mesquite (4), Richardson (2)

Not hospitalized 53 (71.6%)
Ever hospitalized 21 (29.4%)
Admitted to ICU 9 (12.2%)
Mechanical Ventilation 4 (5.4%)

Deaths 1

Source -
https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/TXDCHHS/bulletins/2824b8e

Law Hall 69-72
AG
TSUAggie said:

They'll be made to work in hospital ER's without protective gear or something like that.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
DFWTLR said:

Executive order to close all dine in resteraunts, bars, gyms, and schools until April 4. Social gatherings to less than 10 people, state wide order.
According to the City of Sherman, the EO is just a recommendation. Leave it to these back country folk. But, do they have a point?

Order No. 2: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, people shall avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts, or visiting gyms or massage parlors; provided, however, that the use of drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options is allowed and highly encouraged throughout the limited duration of this executive order.

Just says people SHALL AVOID these places.
Quinn
AG
Wife went to Krappy Kroger today and said it was cleaned out of a decent amount of stuff. Only meat left was ground beef trimmings (??), cooking oil was MIA, and the only frozen veggies were spinach.

She felt really bad bc there were a lot of elderly customers who looked nervous and scared. Didn't stop her from hip checking one to make sure we got the last carton of strawberries, though.
John Francis Donaghy
GT_Aggie2015 said:

DFWTLR said:

According to the City of Sherman, the EO is just a recommendation. Leave it to these back country folk. But, do they have a point?

Order No. 2: In accordance with the Guidelines from the President and the CDC, people shall avoid eating or drinking at bars, restaurants, and food courts, or visiting gyms or massage parlors; provided, however, that the use of drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options is allowed and highly encouraged throughout the limited duration of this executive order.

Just says people SHALL AVOID these places.

The word "Shall" when used in law means whatever it is is not optional. And it usually means consequences for those who do not comply.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
That's a good point.

I think it is funny how "savage", as one poster puts it, their FB page is replying to the comments on their post.
Ol Jock 99
AG
USFoods chef store in Addison. I bought pork butts, tenderloin, SOFTSOAP!!, bread.

Sprouts had a ton of produce.

Haven't seen chicken anywhere.
SpringAg92
My Mother found chicken at Braums of all places.
JR Ewingford
So Tarrant county is shut down. Jimmity fkn christ what a nightmare.
hatchback
AG
Updates for Dallas County:
Ol Jock 99
AG
That no elective medical/dental is a HUGE deal.
hatchback
AG
My friend's dad was supposed to have hip replacement surgery on Monday next week. The surgery got canceled on Thursday and rescheduled for the next day. I can only guess that hospitals knew about this in advance.
MattAg06
AG
When this is all said and done, I think the most memorable thing will be just how ****ty and ham fisted our government is at all levels. We'll remember the overreach more so than the disease.
george07
AG
I found chicken at central market in Fort Worth yesterday, along with pretty much everything else. They were essentially fully stocked.
Carlo4
AG
And this is the perfect time for an known/unknown 3rd party candidate to emerge and exploit this for November, whether it be for limited government or even bigger government.
hatchback
AG
Let's keep the political discussion on the politics forum.
Carlo4
wangus12
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

That no elective medical/dental is a HUGE deal.
Yeah that probably closes our clinic. We work mostly in preventative physicals as well as having a PCP concierge service. We do have an amazing lab on our campus as well as testing kits for Covid so maybe we don't close. Fingers crossed, otherwise we're ****ed.
752bro4
AG
Which part of the coop do you work at? Guessing by this plus other posts. Wife and I are members, and saddened that we can't go anytime soon.
wangus12
AG
I'm one of the clinical exercise physiologists at the clinic. It and the hotel are the only thing still on campus.
752bro4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.