Metroplex
Sponsored by

It's here (COVID 19)

394,139 Views | 3356 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TexasAggie008
Rubble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What a joke Leroy is. I went to his Twitter feed hoping to find humor, but all I found were the blue idiots pissed off and praising Leroy. These people do realize that we are now the 16th state to not have a mask mandate right?
Trucker 96
He's in full triggered mode
TexasAggie008
AG
His silly little color coded covid risk chart still having us at RED - "stay home-stay safe" (the highest possible risk threshold) tells you all you need to know about Clay.

If it were up to him, we'd have mandatory masks each flu season from here on out.
riverrataggie
AG
Dallas is quickly becoming the deadliest city as it relates to the VID per Judge Leroy's stats. He keeps pumping these death counts with averaging < 500 cases will put us at a higher CFR than Afghanistan soon.
Cramp00
If hospitals fill back up and another shut down has to happen, we'll have us a new governor. I got my vax and my popcorn ready.
BoomGoesThe
Cramp00 said:

If hospitals fill back up and another shut down has to happen, we'll have us a new governor. I got my vax and my popcorn ready.

Your last two posts, 13 apart, mention that you've had the vaccine. Good for you, we get it.
DFWTLR
AG
Cramp00 said:

When and why would a shut down happen? There will be enough vaccines for every adult in 60-90 days.
riverrataggie
AG
DFWTLR said:

Cramp00 said:

When and why would a shut down happen? There will be enough vaccines for every adult in 60-90 days.
Some people are rooting for the virus.
Trucker 96
This line jumper and his popcorn sounds like he's rooting for the virus
Cramp00
Fore Left! said:

This line jumper and his popcorn sounds like he's rooting for the virus

2 false assumptions in this post
Trucker 96
You and your popcorn are really selling your concern. So I think the assumptions are spot on
Cramp00
My concern or thoughts or prayers aren't going to change the outcome one way or another. So Ill just see what happens like everybody else. Guess that makes me a line jumping lib to you, huh.

I think he's taking an unnecessary political risk by opening up early. I wouldnt have done it until olds and high risk are vaccinated - likely this month. Will be interested to see how it plays out.
JR Ewingford
Bull***** No one is taking a political risk. Stay your ass home then. Rest of us are tired of it.
riverrataggie
AG
EwingBarnes said:

Bull***** No one is taking a political risk. Stay your ass home then. Rest of us are tired of it.

This can't get enough stars.
Cramp00
EwingBarnes said:

F16 wasn't even going to vote Perry as of yesterday. Doing this on Texas Independence day is 100% a political play. He's up for re-election and he's lost the far right. He had to do it to have a chance to win, I just don't know that he had to do it today.
Ol Jock 99
AG
If the right extreme weakens Abbott, we get Beto. Hell, might get Beto either way.
JR Ewingford
Unfortunately we have a ton of stupid people that will vote Beto. Give me the Florida governor all day. I see where the dumbass Betsy Price says this was premature?? Good luck because I don't know a single person who will wear masks after this.
Teslag
AG
Cramp00 said:

EwingBarnes said:

F16 wasn't even going to vote Perry as of yesterday. Doing this on Texas Independence day is 100% a political play. He's up for re-election and he's lost the far right. He had to do it to have a chance to win, I just don't know that he had to do it today.

Who wants to tell this clown Perry hasn't been Governor for years?
Cramp00
lol oops
TexasAggie008
AG
If Beto couldn't win with the #nevertrump boost (not to mention the neverLyinTed boost) .... he's lost his shot.

Based on the 2020 election results - Trump basically held serve in the state (and that's WITH nevertrumps on the sidelines)....big reason being that Valley border counties had just about record % R.

Even R's that think Abbott sucks would show up to vote for him over Beto....as would most of the nevertrumps. with just that he probably wins ... but with even a little help from RGV counties? No mathematical way a leftist D (Beto) beats a milktoast R (Abbott)

Real ? I'd hope is - can Crenshaw make a run at it this soon?
joho
US Congress to TX governor seems like a demotion to me. Allen West is the guy licking his lips right now.

Abbott will get primaried hard and deservedly so. If he loses there the R nominee should coast in the general election. If Abbott squeaks by, I envision a the possibility of a 3- or 4-way race for governor (see 2006 2014) and then we can all get our popcorn ready!

edit: I was thinking of 2006 gov election, my how time flies
TexasAggie008
AG
Generally I agree....unless the individual is Presidential material, which I think Crenshaw is (or will be in 8 years).

Ol Jock 99
AG
Bam! Shot in arm.

752bro4
AG
How about some CV positivity? (sources twitter accounts of Clay, Abbott, and Eric Johnson, and DSHS Dashboard)

Also amazing how different the tones are of Clay vs. Abbott.

Hospitals - down to 6.86% of patients in our TSA-E are Covid related
Case counts -
3/6 - 372 (171 probable), 25 deaths (one listed as no underlying)
3/5 - 458 (135 probable), 26 deaths (one listed as no underlying, but was in his 80s)
3/4 - 781 (382 probable), 27 deaths (one listed as no underlying)
3/3 - 718 (401 probable), 26 deaths (all underlying)
3/2 - 526 (162 probable), 25 deaths (one listed as no underlying, but was in his 70s)
3/1 - 751 (83 probable), 42 deaths (four listed as no underlying, (2) 60s, (2) 80s)

CV positivity down to 7.09% state-wide
Hospitalizations down to 4,721, the lowest since Oct
225k+ vaccinations per day
Almost 1.4M vax headed to TX
50%+ of all seniors have received at least 1 shot
Hood
AG
752bro4 said:

How about some CV positivity? (sources twitter accounts of Clay, Abbott, and Eric Johnson, and DSHS Dashboard)

Also amazing how different the tones are of Clay vs. Abbott.

Hospitals - down to 6.86% of patients in our TSA-E are Covid related
Case counts -
3/6 - 372 (171 probable), 25 deaths (one listed as no underlying)
3/5 - 458 (135 probable), 26 deaths (one listed as no underlying, but was in his 80s)
3/4 - 781 (382 probable), 27 deaths (one listed as no underlying)
3/3 - 718 (401 probable), 26 deaths (all underlying)
3/2 - 526 (162 probable), 25 deaths (one listed as no underlying, but was in his 70s)
3/1 - 751 (83 probable), 42 deaths (four listed as no underlying, (2) 60s, (2) 80s)

CV positivity down to 7.09% state-wide
Hospitalizations down to 4,721, the lowest since Oct
225k+ vaccinations per day
Almost 1.4M vax headed to TX
50%+ of all seniors have received at least 1 shot

Hospitalizations dropped to 4,329 after today's update.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0d8bdf9be927459d9cb11b9eaef6101f

It's cratering but you'd never know that if you didn't do your own research. Bad news and fear always leads.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I find this to be a very different tone from Judge Clay:

I know he has been harping on the fact that the state of Texas is apparently diverting vaccines because of the FEMA megasites, but I got a strong impression before that his attitude was that there wasn't enough to go around and that non 1a or 1b people should continue the strictest of quarantines and wait their turn until the government says they can get a vaccine. Now his attitude seems to be "do whatever you can to get a shot ASAP" which is great news IMO because it leads me to believe that the demand from 1A and 1B is finally getting more fulfilled.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Ag CPA
AG
Noticed that it has been a year since the first local case (and the start of this thread), seems like an eternity ago.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Ag CPA said:

Noticed that it has been a year since the first local case (and the start of this thread), seems like an eternity ago.
And 4 days away from my two week anniversary of working from home to flatten the curve.
752bro4
AG
265 (14 presumable) cases yesterday, all deaths are underlying (31).

"Trending down" according to Clay

riverrataggie
AG
Something isn't right with the Force here.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Deaths lag. We were at multiple thousands of new cases a day not too long ago.
Phat32
AG
Let's just keep it real for everybody:

265 cases of something with a 99% survival rate should not be news. There are 7MM people in the metroplex.

Time to move on.
Ol Jock 99
AG
So move on and let folks who want to discuss it discuss it in peace.
Phat32
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

So move on and let folks who want to discuss it discuss it in peace.
No way. This crap has gone on way too long. The COVID board is wide open if you want a safe space.

Everyone else would like to get back to normal without our public officials and media trying to scare everyone back into a hole.

Also - didn't you get COVID and the vaccine? Would think you'd be as ready to move on as any.
AggieFrog
AG
Quote:

Everyone else would like to get back to normal without our public officials and media trying to scare everyone back into a hole.
Everyone? Hardly. Would love everything to get back to normal, but that's not possible for a few more months until everyone has had the opportunity to get the vaccine. Then we can have that conversation - but that's more of an end of May timeframe. Until then, the prudent thing is to continue social distancing and masks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.