BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2021)

456,873 Views | 1380 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by australopithecus robustus
TommyBrady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went to Tad's and it was pretty damn good. The appetizer was big enough for two meals. We got the Gator, catfish, and shrimp. Gator was the best of the three. The crawfish etouffee was tasty as well! Will def be going back!
NoProbLLAMA
Does anyone have a lead on when the Spice World Market on Arrington is going to open?
kevmiller
TommyBrady said:

Went to Tad's and it was pretty damn good. The appetizer was big enough for two meals. We got the Gator, catfish, and shrimp. Gator was the best of the three. The crawfish etouffee was tasty as well! Will def be going back!

Tads was not terrible
Small on the inside and tables will be really close together ( once social distance goes away)

But we thought it was overpriced.

$90 after tip for a family of 4 and my youngest shared an entree with my wife. No appetizer and no alcoholic beverages.

We won't be in a big hurry to go back.
Eliminatus
AG
kevmiller said:

TommyBrady said:

Tads was not terrible
Small on the inside and tables will be really close together ( once social distance goes away)

But we thought it was overpriced.

$90 after tip for a family of 4 and my youngest shared an entree with my wife. No appetizer and no alcoholic beverages.

We won't be in a big hurry to go back.

Thought the same. It was good, no doubt, but with the pricing just don't see myself picking it over other locations on a consistent basis. It's one of those places I am sure I will hit a coupla times a year and never think about the rest of the time.
techno-ag
AG
Raceway next to the Bryan PO changed to Mobile Mart. Went through Livingston and the Raceway there changed to Mobile Mart too, so evidently they were sold.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

Raceway next to the Bryan PO changed to Mobile Mart. Went through Livingston and the Raceway there changed to Mobile Mart too, so evidently they were sold.
*Mobil
armymom
Smallcakes is closing. Where else can you get a quality cupcake?
australopithecus robustus
armymom said:

Not sure but you can get outstanding gourmet cinnamon rolls from Cinnaboss at the sofly drive thru at Public and Main.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
armymom said:

Hate to hear this for a small business but can't believe they made it even as long as they did. Quality product, but expensive product, no foot traffic, and expensive rent - hasn't boded well for any business in that location. All but WOB have closed down.
DimeBox17
AG
techno-ag said:

7-Eleven bought out the Raceways in Houston and surrounding areas including the one here in Bryan. The "Mart" signs are just temporary until a full rebrand and remodel takes place. 7-Eleven will officially take over the Bryan location on the 25th. It will have Laredo Taco Company like you see in Stripes stores in the coming months when the remodel is completed.
techno-ag
AG
DimeBox17 said:

techno-ag said:

7-Eleven bought out the Raceways in Houston and surrounding areas including the one here in Bryan. The "Mart" signs are just temporary until a full rebrand and remodel takes place. 7-Eleven will officially take over the Bryan location on the 25th. It will have Laredo Taco Company like you see in Stripes stores in the coming months when the remodel is completed.
Good info.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
gus1390
AG
Did Kolache Capital downtown change ownership? Noticed name is now KC Deli
bobinator
AG
Presumably KC still stands for Kolache Capital and this to reflect that they have lunch stuff also? I hope they didn't change owners, love that place. Wish it was in CS so I could go more often.
BQ_90
AG
TommyBrady said:

hit them up yesterday for lunch, had the half shrimp poboy and cup of gumbo with tea it was $15, high but that's the norm in this town.

Very good, would go back.
trouble
AG
gus1390 said:

Did Kolache Capital downtown change ownership? Noticed name is now KC Deli

Someone mentioned it on Facebook yesterday but now I can't find the post.
BlueMiles
AG
They did serve sandwiches and soup last year, so I hope they changed the name to reflect the variety. Here's a link to the Kolache Capital web page. Their menu is on there as a PDF file.
war hymn aggie
AG
Just curious....what's going on @ Cheddar's? I drive by their location every day going home from work. For years, their parking lot was full & frequently saw people even waiting outside in an effort to get seated at a table during peak hours. Their parking lot now has maybe 20% of what they had even at this time last year, while other restaurants like Texas Roadhouse & Wings n More have full parking lots.

Almost the same @ Fish Daddy's.
PS3D
DimeBox17 said:

techno-ag said:

Their Houston locations are pretty spotty but here 7-Eleven/Stripes already owns stores, like the Rattlers down the street (with the Wendy's), unless they already sold/closed it (like the Holleman/2818 and Villa Maria/29th stores...).
australopithecus robustus
Holleman rattlers redone and looking nice. Think it will be a shell. Burger Mojo going in next door and looking good as well.
BryanPooch
Cheddar's is no longer a locally owned franchise but was sold to corporate a couple years ago. The stores owned by corporate were always inferior to the local product. Maybe that has caught up with them.
BryanPooch
SoCalEscapee
Yes I can confirm ownership has changed unfortunetly. Millicent was a great owner and took care of her patrons. Went in for the first time since a little before the holidays this week and there was hardly any selection, no baked goods (i.e. breads, cookies, cinnamon rolls, ect.). Kolaches were ok but were a little doughy and chewy. One of the employees had his AirPods in and seemed uninterested in being there. Hope the new owner can pull it together and keep the places reputation what it was.
BQ_90
AG
war hymn aggie said:

Just curious....what's going on @ Cheddar's? I drive by their location every day going home from work. For years, their parking lot was full & frequently saw people even waiting outside in an effort to get seated at a table during peak hours. Their parking lot now has maybe 20% of what they had even at this time last year, while other restaurants like Texas Roadhouse & Wings n More have full parking lots.

Almost the same @ Fish Daddy's.

had a group that went about once a week, esp to the bar.

they raised prices of their drinks, lowered quality, fired all their staff and hired cheaper ones that didn't provide the same customer service. Also food quality went down.

Stopped going.
bobinator
AG
SoCalEscapee said:

Yes I can confirm ownership has changed unfortunetly. Millicent was a great owner and took care of her patrons. Went in for the first time since a little before the holidays this week and there was hardly any selection, no baked goods (i.e. breads, cookies, cinnamon rolls, ect.). Kolaches were ok but were a little doughy and chewy. One of the employees had his AirPods in and seemed uninterested in being there. Hope the new owner can pull it together and keep the places reputation what it was.
This is really unfortunate.
Bones2012
AG
BTU is purchasing the land where the old armory is located on west Carson street. They plan to demolish the building and build their new offices there.
woodiewood1
Three Twenties and A Ten said:

armymom said:

Hate to hear this for a small business but can't believe they made it even as long as they did. Quality product, but expensive product, no foot traffic, and expensive rent - hasn't boded well for any business in that location. All but WOB have closed down.
Horrific location. They need to convert all the ground level unit to residential rentals and be done with it.
ChampsAg
Fish Daddy's hasn't been good since reopening from COVID. Got rid of some popular menu items as well
rocketscience
AG
https://shopcompanies.com/sites/default/files/KELLY%20utc%20reworked%20flyer_compressed%20final%2012_10_high%20res_%20%28002%29.pdf?v=1607615174

Leasing brochure for the redeveloped University Town Center, supposed to start Q1 of this year. This would be amazing if they complete all three phases as proposed.
PS3D
Three Twenties and A Ten said:

armymom said:

Well, the little convenience store is still there inside, but not visible from University.
bcstx06
rocketscience said:

https://shopcompanies.com/sites/default/files/KELLY%20utc%20reworked%20flyer_compressed%20final%2012_10_high%20res_%20%28002%29.pdf?v=1607615174

Leasing brochure for the redeveloped University Town Center, supposed to start Q1 of this year. This would be amazing if they complete all three phases as proposed.

From the renderings, it looks like the Farm Patch will be moving there.
EBrazosAg
AG
Don't see that, but the family connection is there for sure ....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rocketscience
AG
bcstx06 said:

rocketscience said:

Front the renderings, it looks like the Farm Patch will be moving there.
I didn't make that connection at first but did initially think it would be fantastic if the Farm Patch would move or open a second location there. I've always felt they don't get much business just because not many people know about them.
halibut sinclair
rocketscience said:

I didn't make that connection at first but did initially think it would be fantastic if the Farm Patch would move or open a second location there. I've always felt they don't get much business just because not many people know about them.
What? The Farm Patch has been open since 1974 and does a booming business every day.

The renderings show a "proposed grocer".
trouble
AG
What? They are consistently busy.
jja79
AG
How could anyone not know about them?
Collectonian
Krab Kingz posted on their FB that they are bringing back the food park in Northgate, under the name West Church Market and putting in a parking lot so folks don't get towed. Supposed to open next Wednesday.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.